Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gungrave

Options
  • 19-09-2005 8:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Anyone like Gungrave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Emo Kid

Have you ever Seen It

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Ramses

Great series! I only watched it all recently. Was unsure if I'd like it or not after the first episode but it steadily grew on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

i liked it enough.

But it is much much too serious at times. but thats the kind of anime it is. hence i had to water it down with bits of GXP and FLCL between episodes.

Its also very different to what you expect. You get the impression its gonna be a high octane action anime from its opening and first episode, but by the
    second episode it has turned into the anime equivilent of The Godfather and moves very slowly, still good though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

OMG UNSPOILERED SPOILER! :)

I liked Gungrave but it's not up there with my favourites tbh. I was expecting a LOT more action than I got and as BlitzKrieg said it is way too serious at times for what it is. Still, it's definitely one to watch but probably not all in one go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Finished watching this a while ago. As said it is quite a heavy series, I don't know if it's actually possible to watch it all in one go.
    I was expecting an action packed series, and then when it went into the back story I was a bit annoyed. However, as it progressed I found it to be really good, and by the time it got back up to the present I appreciated the characters so much more.
    Good series, but like Rid not one of my favourites.

Advertisement