Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Shield Series 4: A Reminder

• 19-09-2005 8:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭

a heads up that TV3 begin series 4 of this excellent show at 9pm tonight. it is an excellent series, hasnt lost anything from the previous 3 imo

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Mist

I think this series is the best so far.

There really isnt a cop show that even nearly comes close to being as good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Mist wrote:
    There really isnt a cop show that even nearly comes close to being as good.

...The Wire...which is probably better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

The Wire was really slow to get going for me which consequently resulted in my being bored watching it and then not bothering with it at all

The Shield has been entertaining right from the get go

Mossy Monk wrote:
    The Wire was really slow to get going for me which consequently resulted in my being bored watching it and then not bothering with it at all

The Shield has been entertaining right from the get go

Thats the type of show it is! Being slow doesn't make it any less brilliant. The shows that require you to have patience are the ones that are usually the best.

tvnutz wrote:
    Thats the type of show it is! Being slow doesn't make it any less brilliant

i am not disputing the fact that it may be a brilliant show, it is just that i find it may have lost a lot of viewers to the slow start

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

tvnutz wrote:
    Thats the type of show it is! Being slow doesn't make it any less brilliant. The shows that require you to have patience are the ones that are usually the best.
    Agreed. It's why I constantly pimped "The Wire" whenever I could and prayed someone hear would listen. "The Wire" is the best cop show on TV currently BUT "The Shield" is the second best and has yet to have a bad season, so people who ain't seen either, should watch both...

anyone know when i can expect to see series 3 on DVD over here?

region 1 is too much hassle for my dvd player sadly :(

Ye it probably did lose viewers because of that,same with Carnivale. I have only seen the Shield now and then,but I could never really get into it because I didn't see it from the start,which is a pity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

ixoy wrote:
    Agreed. It's why I constantly pimped "The Wire" whenever I could and prayed someone hear would listen.
    I listened, and I'm glad I did.

The Wire does take a couple of episodes to get into it (I was hooked by the end of the third one IIRC) and as such is really best watched on DVD when you don't have to wait till next week for the next episode. I had a bit of trouble getting used to the characters at first as I was coming from 'The Shield' background. So just remember that this is a different show and don't be expecting the same from it. I bet you'll agree, when you've seen all of season 1 from start to finish, that it's a better show than The Shield. It is, unfortunately, quite expensive to buy too. Expect to pay $70-80 or about £40, but it is worth it, if you can afford it.
    "The Wire" is the best cop show on TV currently BUT "The Shield" is the second best and has yet to have a bad season, so people who ain't seen either, should watch both...
    Seconded. Or if you've seen one, watch the other one too. I'm hooked on both now and am looking forward to the next season of each. The Wire is coming in 2006 and I'm not sure about The Shield.

i must see if i can get a lend of it from someone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭Rcuomo

whenever a thread about the shield is posted someone always comes in with something about the wire being better, start a wire thread if you wana talk about the wire!
    yea season 4 of the shield was class, cant wait for season 5...

Rcuomo wrote:
    whenever a thread about the shield is posted someone always comes in with something about the wire being better, start a wire thread if you wana talk about the wire!
    yea season 4 of the shield was class, cant wait for season 5...

Your point? whats wrong with comparing shows...someone said it was the best cop show ever...I disagree,and I said it. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

My cousin in America tells me that there is only 13 episodes in Season 4 of the Shield. Does anyone know if he is correct? Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

That is correct yes.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

The shield is amazing. one of my favourite shows ever. however i wont watch it on TV. only on DVD cause i get locked into a shield fest. and i must watch the entire series in one go. Same with 24. I watched series 2 of 24 in a weeken once. it was hard going.

What channel is it on in the US? A cable channel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

tvnutz wrote:
    What channel is it on in the US? A cable channel?
    Yeah, it's on FX

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭Rcuomo

yea tvnutz, someone brings it up in every thread, maybe give it it's own thread and leave it out of this one is all im saying...

Advertisement