Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Athletics books

Options
  • 19-09-2005 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭

What are your favourite athletics books?

One of my favourites is Za-to-Pek, Za-to-Pek, Za-to-Pek. I'm beginning to read Running with Lydiard now and I've heard good things about it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Common Sense

The last athletic book I read was "The perfect mile" which was about the "race" to become the first man to break the 4 minute mile. I also have a personally copy of Linford Christie's autobiography. Both of these books are unputdownable. I've now bought Paula Radcliffe's book.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

The last athletic book I read was "The perfect mile" which was about the "race" to become the first man to break the 4 minute mile. I also have a personally copy of Linford Christie's autobiography. Both of these books are unputdownable. I've now bought Paula Radcliffe's book.

I got the Perfect Mile recently, and the Perfect Distance - Ovett and Coe, but haven't had the time to read them yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭deadlybuzz

'Pre' , biography of the legendary middle-distance runner, Steve Prefontaine, and 'Running & Being' by George Sheehan are my favourites. Check 'em out if you get the chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Common Sense

Further to my contribution above, I've now read Paula Radcliffe's autobiography. Brilliant account of what it takes to succeed at the top. But I wonder, should one push one's body to the extent that Paula has. Well worth reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Domer

If you want to add some humour to your reading list, I am currently reading "The Looniness of the Long Distance Runner" by Russell Taylor. It is the account of "An Unfit Londoner's Attempt to Run the New York City Marathon from Scratch". It is a well written book with some great stories that any runner can relate to...his accounts of his early trips to the gym had me in tears of laughter. All proceeds go to charity.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Pancho

Has to be "Slaying The Dragon" by Michael Johnson. Not really about how to be an Olympic Champion but rather what drives you and how to plan to achieve your goals.Excellent.

Advertisement