Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sending bicycle dublin->London

Options
  • 19-09-2005 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭

hi, i want to send a bike from dublin to london with the minimum of hassle. Can any of you recommend a courier company which would do it reliably? (before i start ringing round from the golden pages :) )
    i can't really be a*sed trying to bring it with me on the plane, there is no urgency but currently i have a nice old full sus bike lying round in my folk's house because i never bothered bringing it over!
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

Cheapest option is to bring it with you by plane - it's not really any hassle if you don't have much luggage.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

I agree, bring it with you - 25eur on Ryanair.

Take off pedals, turn handlebars sideways (parallel to frame) and let out air from tyres.

(Alternatively, get a bike box for free from a bike shop, and bring it with you pre-modded.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭silverside

thanks
    don't think i'll bring it with me on the plane because i don't have a car the far end - I rang an post/sds this morning, all i have to do is get loads of cardboard, box it up, and send it an post/royal mail for 50 euro ish, should do the job.

trojan do you know any bike shops that want to get rid of a bike box ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Mucco

silverside wrote:
    trojan do you know any bike shops that want to get rid of a bike box ? :)
    Most shops will have some, just phone your local.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

silverside wrote:
    thanks
    don't think i'll bring it with me on the plane because i don't have a car the far end

You'll have a bike though :) . Most large shops will have boxes (Cycleways, Cycleogicl, Superstore etc.) - make sure you call in early or ask them to keep one for you - they usually throw them out in the evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭silverside

:) Morgan - cycling round heathrow/m25 in the dark not my idea of fun...

thanks for the info re bike boxes

Advertisement