Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Can't explore a cd

• 19-09-2005 9:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi ,
    I am new to this forum. I hope i will find help from you :).
    I bought a new computer today : inspiron 2200 from DEll.
    Win XP family has been installed on it. I can't figure out why i can't explore my cd and look at my folders inside. I have not this problem before when i was on Xp pro. Usually i click right on the D: and I click on explore. But nothing happened. I can t use the cd i have burnt. How can I resolve this problem ?
    Pleassse

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,531 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Hmmm... Could be a couple of things:

1) Are you sure the 'D' drive relates to your CD rom drive?
    Post a picture from 'My Computer'.

2) Could be that the drive does not read CDRs.
    Have you tried a different CD? Maybe a commercial CD (one you didn't create yourself)

3) Maybe the lazer on the new drive is more sensitive than your previous drive. is the CD scratched / dirty / damadged?
    Try a different CD.

4) Maybe the Drive is malfunctioning....
    Try a different CD....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Battosaiii

mm really strange . I just check again some cd and now it does work. I can explore all cd i have. Thanks anyway for your quick response.

Advertisement