Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fitting CD player in Mondeo

• 19-09-2005 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

As it says how do I fit a new CD player in an 01 mondeo? The one in the car is about twice the size of a normal one. Also is it possible to connect the steering controls to the new one?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭mmenarry

You'll need 2 things:

1) Cubby box to take up the space below your new headunit (cheap piece of plastic)
    2) Wiring adapter. Of course, your new head unit will have to have the gubbins to use the steering wheel controls, check carefully before you buy for compatibility.

Michael

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

The size of your radio is a DIN 1/2.

you will need a facia adaptor

and also a wirring loom

if you need to connect the steering wheel remote control you can do so by getting a RC interface depending on the type of the radio you are getting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭mondeoman

you will get the facia adapter of FORD for about €7 or so heres the part number = 1029722,as for the wiring loom adapter try HERE ,& for the factory fitted controls try HERE ,don't pay crazy money for facia plate (halFRAUDS €25 :eek: ) or wireing (€25 also in 'in car tech bray' :eek: )when ford sell it for a fraction of the price.
    hope this helps you out ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Cucullan

Thanks for that. I'm taking the head unit out of the car I'm selling because it plays MP3's and putting it into the Mondeo that I'm getting friday so not sure if its compatible with the steering controls I'll have to read the Manual. The head unit is the one in the last Argos book that was reduced from €220 to €150 a Kenwood kdc-w4031

Advertisement