Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have one night in Galway (this Saturday) - recommendations?

Options
  • 19-09-2005 11:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭

Hey,

I'm heading to Galway City this Saturday, maybe Friday night (unlikely.)

So I'll most likely just have one night and two fullish days.

Any recommendations?

Bars? Clubs? Restaurants? B&B's????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Dfitzer

Hit Monroes at around six for a pizza and a pint. It will set you up for the night. There are also a few other good pubs very near it Roisin Dubh (live Music), Blue Note and it is also very close to the centre of town - Quay St/Shop St where most of the bars are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭cuaifeadh

Why not start off the night in the Glaway tradition with a bottle of Buckfast down the Spanish Arch?

And then move on to clubs and such.
    The Vic is good on a saturday I hear. And there is some sort of gig going on in Richardsons this Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Dublindude:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=280266

WHat sort of music do you like?
    List a few of your regular haunts in Dublin (if you want something familiar) and we'll advise further.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

cuaifeadh wrote:
    The Vic is good on a saturday I hear.
    That depends on if you like 80's music or not.
    I love it so I thinks the vic is good:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Thanks for all the advice so far.

I like all kinds of music (but prefer live music/80's rather than hip hop or dance.)

Most important to me is a bar with nice people, a good atmosphere, can get a seat (if possible) and maybe a nice decor.

For restaurants... something cosy and different (not pretentious.)

For B + B's... cheap, modern, not owned by some old wagon.

:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement