Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UCD - Derry Ticket Question

• 19-09-2005 11:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭

Anybody know if you have to have a ticket to get into the game or can you just pay at the gate? Can't be arsed going to UCD twice tomorrow.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Makaveli wrote:
    Anybody know if you have to have a ticket to get into the game or can you just pay at the gate? Can't be arsed going to UCD twice tomorrow.

No problem paying at the gate.

Should be a good game.

Derry have excellent players..Farren, McCourt, Martyn

UCD have some v. good players too..Dicker, Hurley and the goalkeeper Quigley.

Hopefully the students get out to support them tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

If Derry win this, and the League or Cup, who will get the Setanta Spot? UCD, or 3rd in the league?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

gimmick wrote:
    If Derry win this, and the League or Cup, who will get the Setanta Spot? UCD, or 3rd in the league?

The Shels haters want UCD to win to remvoe that possibility.

"Sadly altho be great for hate shels mentality i would prefer to see the 1st part of an awesome treble be fulfilled.

Most of the time, teams that couldnt be arsed defending and just throw players forward get nothing for it. its rare but i honestly hope Derry win everything simply for the way they play. Score more than the others perfect entertaining football." my take on it sorry Gimmick :D

Btw UCD should make all students go to the games for like one mark at the end of the year "community spirit " points
    kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Latest Score. 2-1 Derry

Looks Like Shels could be getting their Setata cup spot after all. Cmon Students, bring this to extra time

Full Time

UCD 1 - 2 Derry City

Was it a good game? I dont have Setanta unfortunately.

Setanta will be delighted with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Just back from it.
    It was an alright game, chances were few and far between.
    Derry deserved to win in the end, even if their second was an own goal and they failed to test Quigley in the second half.
    Hurley played very well for UCD, one of the few who did. Dicker had a bit of shocker. Wasnt in the game much at all.
    Decent enough attendance. The Derry support were great it has to be said, created a good atmosphere. UCD support, well UCD spectators shall I say were their usual quiet selves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Buy a ticket for Belfield :rolleyes: :D couldn't really have cared who won but credit must go down to Derry fans making the long journey on a Tuesday.

UCD are still in the FAI cup on Friday and going well in the league.

They lack a goalscorer. Depuy did it last year in the 1st division but hasnt been able to score enought this year. Robbie Martin is a good player but hes not going to get a loads of goals either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

Makaveli wrote:
    Just back from it.
    It was an alright game, chances were few and far between.
    Derry deserved to win in the end, even if their second was an own goal and they failed to test Quigley in the second half.
    Hurley played very well for UCD, one of the few who did. Dicker had a bit of shocker. Wasnt in the game much at all.
    Decent enough attendance. The Derry support were great it has to be said, created a good atmosphere. UCD support, well UCD spectators shall I say were their usual quiet selves.

Derry City sold out their 300 allocation tickets. So there was at least 300 Derry City supporters there. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

That's the Setanta cup for us now :)

Good stuff Derry.

Have to say, Derrys approach play was decent, but their final ball was not impressive. They were far from great and Shels atm are playing very very well. I'm confident we can finish second if we keep it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

I really hope Derry do the treble they are one step there at the moment and i think it will be great for football in ireland if derry win it , sorry gimmick sorry cork :) , i really want derry to win

No way. :mad:

Cork City have been too long without a title and this team has been the coming team for the past 3 years and this is their year.

Derry can wait, they've won loads of trophies over the years.

Cork City winning the league would be better for Ireland. I think we would be better suited to the Champions League for next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

I do agree Cork would be better representitives in the champions league, but if Derry win it you can't say they don't deserve it or anything like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

You cannot say it would "if Cork City winning the league would be better for Ireland. I think we would be better suited to the Champions League for next year"

i remember a few years back St. Pats - playing in the Champions League two years running, the first year - they faced Celtic and only lost 2-0 over the two legs. Then the following year - getting thrashed 10-0 (or something) over two legs.

its the luck of the draw and how they perform on the day... in all fairness.

its the luck of the draw and how they perform on the day... in all fairness.

Thats spot on (not reading the previous line), Cork could not lose a tie but Derry on form could blow someone away depends on who they get. We should get 2 CL places :D

kdjac

Luck on the day...how we perform on the day...

Thats the old League of Ireland attitude. :mad:

Cork City went out to Prague with expectation.

St. Pats went to Celtic Park to contain them.

Luck on the day...how we perform on the day...

Thats the old League of Ireland attitude. :mad:

Everton vs anyone in Europe.
    Celtic vs Arttmedia

kdjac

I still think Ireland would be better served by having Cork City as their representitives.

as a Bohs fan id like to wish Derry all the best for the title this year ;)

As a Cork City fan, I hope Drogheda beat "the big club" on Friday. ;)

• Advertisement

As a Cork City fan, I hope Drogheda beat "the big club" on Friday. ;)

tit for tat surely not :D:)

Advertisement