Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Entries for the Boards Film Festival

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Ok 9 days (there abouts) left for entries.

At the moment we have 4 entries from 2 people.

But due to the large amount of time it took for those entries to make it to the set address (
    longer then estimated for reasons i do not understand almost 2 bloody weeks, for something the size of a bleedin letter. normally i recieved mail within 4 days
    ) We shall be changing the address for entries to the following (changes will be made on front page)

Connla Lyons
    Mill Road
    Thurles
    Tipperary
    Ireland.

-just so i wont get in trouble for entries that show up 2 weeks after the required date despite being sent out on time.

Sadly due to lack of entries, the boards.ie film festival will be postponed until further notice.

i dont know if it was the timing or the how it was organised or simply bad luck but there just does not seem to be enough interest in a festival at the moment.

But hopefully if at a later date interest in the festival is on the rise we'll take a second stab at it.

any questions etc are welcomed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

How about we tentatively look at trying this again at some stage in May?

works for me...there's no problem organising it, the only difficulty is getting entries for the festival.

we'll see how everyone feels after the hangover that is the holidays is over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭shnaek

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    Sadly due to lack of entries, the boards.ie film festival will be postponed until further notice.

That's a real shame. I'll see if I can get on to some people I know with short films.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭shnaek

Any moves on this fest, or has the idea been abandoned?

i'm busy at the moment as i have an entry in the cambridge university film festival...and am entering the darklight festival next week (along with sligo and cork hopefully and san francisco)

But once we get pass MAY i'll have alot more free time and am willing to try again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Well there really was nothing concrete for me to enter for the last planned event but seeing as I'm working on a feature film as we speak it shouldn't be a problem. It'll be about 30-40 minutes long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

30-40 minutes is hardly a feature! I might have something to enter if it happens.

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Heh, well meh it's the longest film I'll ever have made anyways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Yeah Im looking forward to this being rescheduled, we have two films entered into darklight this year, Im sure we would be willing to put them forward for a boards fest, one is a short between 5-10 mins and the other is an hour long.

Advertisement