Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UNLOCKING Qs? - *Only* post in this thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,037 ✭✭✭jones

Does anyone know anywhere i can get a Nokia 3220 'cable unlocked' in Dublin??? i cant take the restrcition off with codes so i need the cable but i have to have it unlocked before friday!!! damy ou christmas sneaking up on me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

try this site.
    start with the top code first, if that doesn't work then the last one and so forth, haven't really ever had a nokia phone that didn't work
    http://www.uniquephones.com/unlock/index.php

Otherwise, isn't there a Nokia shop near cafe on sen in D2?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 darrenfarrell

i have been looking for a few days now to unlock my phone and most places want my credit card number but im a bit sketchy on giving it out sone of the web pages look doddy,
    i just wanted to ask for your help unlocking my nokia 6230

the IMEI number is (i can email it to you)
    the network that it is locked to is t-mobile

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Horeb

Have you tried to put another sim in it could already be unlocked !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

http://www.trycktill.com/unlock_swe.asp

now unlocking 6230!!!!!

• Advertisement

Have you tried to put another sim in it could already be unlocked !!

NO i havent actually but it comes up cant undo restriction ever since i put in the previous 5 wrong!!!

what do you mean

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

if you cant follow it pm me your emei and ill do it for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Horeb

I had the same and found out that the bugger was already unlocked if not.

In dublin goto simi sim on camden street they can cable unlock it via a griffin box and flash the firmware also to remove any branding within about 15 mins.

It is between 15 and 20 euro, it is opposite nearly DIT auginer street

oh right i see cool
    thanks for your help

• Advertisement

I had the same and found out that the bugger was already unlocked if not.

In dublin goto simi sim on camden street they can cable unlock it via a griffin box and flash the firmware also to remove any branding within about 15 mins.

It is between 15 and 20 euro, it is opposite nearly DIT auginer street

Nice one man i think i'll give them a try tomorrow - cant take a long lunch today!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 audrey

can u get an unlock code for a sagem myv-65 please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 2bro

Hi, i am new to this web site! i was wondering if anyone can help me to unlock siemens SL 56!???
    cause i cant find any software on google. for free, that would work with cable!
    hope to here form you soon!
    thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭(insert name)

Vodafone unlock RTG phones 4 free if tou've had the phone 4 more than 12 mnths.
    My sister got a Sharp GX10i unlocked by ringing up Customer Care and asking!!!!
    P.s. menka, unlocking is 100% LEGAL in Ireland too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Is it possible to un-lock a phone using bluetooth?
    I have a sony ericsson t630 that i want unlocked, and i have a bluetooth dongle.
    Hope one of you knows if it can be done

Jozi

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭stagolee

ok folks searched for this but couldnt find a solution so here goes, i got one of those cheap 7600's and tried to unlock it via the internet codes sites that people put up, i tried 5 codes and the phone locked up completley.
    the solution would apear to be a hardware reset but the only place i can find any reference to on boards that will do it is "simi sam" on aungier st.
    i went in there and the guy wouldnt take a look at it for me, he said straight away it was an english phone and i couldnt get it fixed in this country (methinks he has seen a lot of 7600's in the shop recently and is getting suspicious)
    so does anyone know of anywhere else in dublin or the surrounding area i could get this sorted? any help would be greatly aprecciated and an actual working solution will be rewarded with a permanent compliment in my sig to the person in question ;):D

(oh yeah im not sure of the legality of unlocking english phones to irish networks but if its not legal then just pm me the info, cheers :) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mobile04

theres a hidden menu as far as i can remember when i did one last time
    it knocks of the auto 3g settings
    if you email darren at www.allgsm.co.uk
    he will set you straight mate
    hope this helps

mobile04 can now do sagems

mobile04 wrote:
    theres a hidden menu as far as i can remember when i did one last time
    it knocks of the auto 3g settings
    if you email darren at www.allgsm.co.uk
    he will set you straight mate
    hope this helps

mobile04 can now do sagems

cheers but i dont think that will help me as the phone just displays "phone locked" or something as a result of me putting in the wrong code 5 times.
    there is no way for me to get to any menus, so it looks like a hardware reset is the only way for me :( , thanks for the reply though :)

anyone know of any hardware reset places in dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mobile04

ok just try get hold of the crooks unlocking tool off the net and generate the code with the model 7600 selected
    use the 7th code display
    it may turn the restriction off i emailed a friend in the uk
    hope helps but you should email allgsm its worth an email
    the guy supplys a lot of unlockers here and i trust him completly

he send me very usefull info lots of times to help guys on here

happy holidays mobile04

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭overdriver

HI Menka

I often try do nice things for people, but it's the modern way that people are suspicious. It's a real shame.

Anyway, can the Nokia 2650 be unlocked?

• Advertisement

mobile04 wrote:
    ok just try get hold of the crooks unlocking tool off the net and generate the code with the model 7600 selected
    use the 7th code display

ah unfortunatley ive already done this but if the code fails to work and you try it more than 4 times your phone locks up and dosnt allow you to input codes at all :( so i reckon i need it hardware reset allright, thanks for the advice though and i hope you have a happy holiday season too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Ive had my sim card for about 5 years now but in between that time i changed from nokia 3210 to 3310..but yesterday i started messing with the pin code and typed in a random number in the security settings and it went straight to sim card blocked....then it said insert puk code and i couldnt find the pin numbers for the card so i just guess and typed in 0000000 and it then went to insert new pin so i thought i was getting somewhere but it wouldnt work. I did this few times and then all of a sudden "sim card rejected" comes up on my phone!!

Have i totally messed my sim card up?? is there a way to unlock it or whatever cuz I reallly dont want to have to get a new sim card as all the numbers and everything!!

If i bring it to a vodafone shop will they fix it or can i do it myself???

Please help cuz this is the worst time of year for it to happen too!

If the PUK is entered incorrectly 10 times then the SIM card is permanently disabled and cannot be used again.

If you contact Vodafone they should issue you with a new SIM without the need to change your phone number.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

damn i think it might be disabled....how long will it take them to send me a new sim card or would i be better off going to a vodafone shop??Because the quicker i get my phone working again the better....(all my numbers are gone now too?!!) :(

Will i just have to pay the price of a new sim card?

Is it certain ill be able to keep my old number?? Ive been told they wont believe its my phone or something but why would someone want to keep the same number if it was stolen...and i can swear it isnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

you can walk into any vodafone shop and they'll do it on the spot for ye.

same for o2. don't know the cost for voda, but o2 do it for free, so chances are you won't need to spend a bean if voda want to keep up with the jone's so to speak. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭dbentham

overdriver wrote:
    HI Menka

I often try do nice things for people, but it's the modern way that people are suspicious. It's a real shame.

Anyway, can the Nokia 2650 be unlocked?

The 2650 can be unlocked. Can you please either post the IMEI and network which the phone DOES work on, or else email these details to me.

-Darren

• Registered Users Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

can the Sagem MYX5-2 be unlocked on meteor? cant find anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭overdriver

dbentham wrote:
    The 2650 can be unlocked. Can you please either post the IMEI and network which the phone DOES work on, or else email these details to me.

-Darren

haven't actually picked one up yet,Darren. But I will now...

Does anyone know of somewhere that has a licensed copy of MSS 4.0 (Motorola Service Software or VictorGSM) as I need to get my V550 unlocked and this seems to be the only way...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

@karsini
    Don't have MSS4, but can help anyway
    PM sent

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement