Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UNLOCKING Qs? - *Only* post in this thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭eoinm1

Hi Everyone

http://www.trycktill.com/eng/ does not seem to be able to unlock a 6021 so has any one any ideas.

Nokia
    Vodafone bill pay

Thank you,
    Eoin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

eoinm1 wrote:
    Hi Everyone

http://www.trycktill.com/eng/ does not seem to be able to unlock a 6021 so has any one any ideas.

Nokia
    Vodafone bill pay

Thank you,
    Eoin

#pw+154464171226075+1#
    or
    #pw+795120614373230+7#

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I have a Nokia 6233 which the incorrect unlock code has gone into 3 times. I now have the correct unlock code but of course no way to enter it.

I've sent it to Sigma to be "flashed" but the code still seems to be locked out.

What do I need to do now in order to get this unlock code into the phone? What should I be asking the repair centre for?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

Hi

I have a Nokia E65 locked to 3UK, Can it be unlocked easily? Would be using it on Vodafone Irl. I dont see any code for the E or N series online.

Tks

Dwayne

As far as i know, those series require the BB5 unlocking methods

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭slumped

Persuaded Meteor to unlock my Nokia 5300 after spending €130 with them.

They said that they have to request the codes from Nokia and it can take up to a week to get the code back.

This sounds crap. Anyone know what the procedure is?

S

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

maybe their employees misused the unlocking hardware and they have been banned from having in-store access to it and need to run requests via a nokia centre or somethinf roflmao.

Or else they are just on the cheap and send all handsets to one particular meteor store and just make up the nokia story

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

They always say that.. Usually get the code the next day

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

The stores never had access to unlocking software. The thing about taking a week is standard but i still think its a lie. Theres no reason nokia couldnt supply unlock codes with all the phones they sell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

The stores never had access to unlocking software. The thing about taking a week is standard but i still think its a lie. Theres no reason nokia couldnt supply unlock codes with all the phones they sell

They do, its just those nice people in Meteor , Vodaphone etc lock the handsets so they can get the money back. The handset is subsidised by the operator , so they have to lock it so they can get their money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭denachoman

I'm being given the runaround by Meteor at the moment also. I requested an unlock code for my Sagem Myx6-2 about 3 weeks ago and was told I would have it within a few days. Still haven't got it, after numerous phonecalls someone eventually told me they are having trouble getting Sagem to give them the unlock code. Not sure if it's true or not though.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭slumped

Rang Meteor to chase the code.

1. Told it will be up to 2 weeks to wait
    2. The code generating machine has gone to Nokia in Finland for repair
    3. Then told they have no replacement
    4. Then told it will be a lot more than 2 weeks
    5. Then told there is nothing they can do.
    6. Suggested I went to an unlocking shop. Asked if this would invalidate the agreement I have with Meteor - Yes it would.
    7. I told them it was a 5300 phone and he said "oh yeah that has to be unlocked by us"

Rang ComReg

1. There is no regulation on how long an operator has to issue a code
    2. Basically there is SFA they can do unless I write in to Meteor and give them 10 days to issue the code - only then will ComReg intervene and God only knows how long that will take.

It all wreaks of Eircom doesn't it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

at the end of the day, you are better off just buying an unlocked phone. prepaid handsets are never subsidised that much anyway. if its a billphone you should ask them to unlock it when you buy it, or threaten to not buy it unless you can get the phone unlocked. you will be getting a contract anyway so locking it doesn't really help them that much

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

There is a problem with the Nokia machine at the moment. No stores have had access to any unlocking hardware, so there's no point in going into them. Best thing to do is be patient. Normally, there's little to no delay with unlock codes from Meteor (I'm on bill and I got a W810i on upgrade, and asked for the unlock code and I got it the next day!).

They have no reason not to give you the code. They've gotten back the cost of the handset with the credit you've used to top it up anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dwayneburke

JNive wrote:
    As far as i know, those series require the BB5 unlocking methods

Hi everywhere i went into in Galway and rang a few shops in dublin said they would be able to unlock the Nokia E65 in 2 weeks

All said the same thing, did a search on web and nothing stands out. Whats going on in 2 weeks?

A few places online also have same notice

Any ideas or am i missing something

Tks

KTRIC wrote:
    They do, its just those nice people in Meteor , Vodaphone etc lock the handsets so they can get the money back. The handset is subsidised by the operator , so they have to lock it so they can get their money back.

I think his point was that Meteor are given the codes so they should be available right away. Meteor obviously request the lock to be put in place and nobody is disputing the subsidy :)

As for them getting the codes with everything ... sometimes I guess Nokia just don't bother to ship them to the network or the network doesn't bother to ask for them .. or John Smith in the network has them but hasn't given them to Paddy Reilly answering the phones.

ciaranfo wrote:
    I think his point was that Meteor are given the codes so they should be available right away.
    exactly

Dankoozy wrote:
    at the end of the day, you are better off just buying an unlocked phone. prepaid handsets are never subsidised that much anyway. if its a billphone you should ask them to unlock it when you buy it, or threaten to not buy it unless you can get the phone unlocked. you will be getting a contract anyway so locking it doesn't really help them that much
    you'd be threatening the people in the shop who have no control over it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

buy a data cable from ebay for €5 and unlock it yourself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Martyr

Slumped wrote:
    Persuaded Meteor to unlock my Nokia 5300 after spending €130 with them.

They said that they have to request the codes from Nokia and it can take up to a week to get the code back.

This sounds crap. Anyone know what the procedure is?

S

the codes are encrypted inside the phone,it would be meteor that can unlock them, not nokia.. nokia could do it too, but its usually the phone operator that does it.
    once the knowledge of how the codes are encryped is known, its just a matter of writing a key generator.

usually these are built into hardware because they can't be distributed over the internet, but sometimes you can download free programs to calculate the code for you.NokiaFREE and WorldUnlock calculator are only 2 i know of that are free.

there are some others like bb5 unlocker which is popular right now because some shops were charging big bucks for these phones

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Maxwell

Never done this before, but received an 02 Blackberry 8100 as a gift - can this be unlocked to Vodafone?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Nokia 6234
    Locked to Vodafone
    IMEI : 359395001651745

Please !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 barson

can anyone please help me with unlocking a sagem my401v???

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Okay hopefully you'll be able to help me :)
    My sister has gone to the US for the summer and the idiot that she is forgot to get her phone unlocked so she can put a US sim card in it :rolleyes:

Anyway I'm pretty certain its a Motorola V3 or V3xx, I looked at pictures of both of them and they look the same?
    So if I got her to send me the IMEI number would you be able to get me an unlock code? Cheers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

I've just gotten the unlocking code from 3 for my 6280 - 456879589452146 (not the exact code). I know I have to put #pw+ before the code, but I'm not sure what to put after. +1# or +7# or any number in between? With only three chances, and 7 possible numbers, what do I do? :)

Ring Three to confirm the process with them and they'll give you the right one.

Personally I'd try +1 and then +7, but as you're aware you'll block your phone if you put the wrong one in 3 times.

Hi everywhere i went into in Galway and rang a few shops in dublin said they would be able to unlock the Nokia E65 in 2 weeks

All said the same thing, did a search on web and nothing stands out. Whats going on in 2 weeks?

A few places online also have same notice

Any ideas or am i missing something

Tks

Dejan Kaljevic released software early over a month ago to unlock BB5 phones, FREE software, and it amazes me to see some shops charging 50 euro to unlock these phones..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

Dejan Kaljevic released software early over a month ago to unlock BB5 phones, FREE software, and it amazes me to see some shops charging 50 euro to unlock these phones..
    Cool! Where do I get it?`

on dejans website, seek and you shall find :)
    well, i wouldn't want to give a link, and then you do something to destroy your phone.you''re on your own mate.

• Advertisement

it doesn't do the e65 afaik

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement