Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UNLOCKING Qs? - *Only* post in this thread.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭whisht

I'm afraid you'll need the correct cable
    I have heard that there are other drivers that can be used with the cheap eBay cables which will make it work, but I have no idea if this is true or not, or where you can find them. Sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭bassy

hey whilst just found this http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=452120&page=3

might be worth a shot,fingers crossed.

whisht wrote: »
    I'm afraid you'll need the correct cable
    I have heard that there are other drivers that can be used with the cheap eBay cables which will make it work, but I have no idea if this is true or not, or where you can find them. Sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭bassy

still no joy.

bassy wrote: »
    hey whilst just found this http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=452120&page=3

might be worth a shot,fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭samo

jessie08 wrote: »
    I found a place on Talbot street today....it sells mobile phone accessories..its on the opposite side to Clearys a few doors down from the Spar shop and costs 20 euros.

Just wondering if the place above or of any other reputable place to get a Nokia 6300 unlocked, Dublin/Southside Dublin

Would appreciate it

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mini-sarahjane

Hi there,
    Just need a bit of help...wondering if it's possible to unlock the Sony Ericsson Z610i with an unlocking code? It's currently locked to the 3 network.
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 prosal

Can u help me unlock a Nokia 6080b
    EMIE=353244014402439
    Network 358-110

Thanks

prosal wrote: »
    Can u help me unlock a Nokia 6080b
    EMIE=353244014402439
    Network 358-110

Thanks
    It wont work in Ireland as its the wrong frequencies. Also, its a BB5 phone so cannot be unlocked by codes. Its from St Lucia is it?

<EDIT>Sorry. The 6085's are actually all quad band, regardless of the b which usually means the bands are 850/1900 which doesnt work here</EDIT>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 prosal

It wont work in Ireland as its the wrong frequencies. Also, its a BB5 phone so cannot be unlocked by codes. Its from St Lucia is it?
    Yes, it is St. Lucia. Thanks for the quick response.

Sorry for the mistake. So it would work here, if you could get it unlocked, but it cannot be done by code unless the code is from the operator. Other than that, it will have to be brought to an unlocking shop

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭shanemort

Can someone help with this nokia?????

Nokia 6610i

imei 355365008375170

currently locked to o2

• Advertisement

#pw+136364156455177+1#

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭shanemort

#pw+136364156455177+1#

NICE....

just did it with the link from your Sig....

Thanks so much....

Can you guys get any phone unlock codes for free or is it just nokia???

Even though people ask all the time here for lots of brands, its really only DCT3(very old) and DCT4(oldish) Nokias that can be calculated free.

Almost all other phones have to be unlocked by hardware(at a cost) or can have codes calculated(at cost also)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Larry_o_C

Hi guys, quick question. My dad got a new company phone (they moved him from meteor to 3) but he wants me to put the new sim into his old phone (a nokia). I know how to do this but am wondering will a 3 sim card work in an old nokia?

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dumbyearbook

Hi i have an unlock codes for my K550i (on O2 at the minute ) I put in a Vodafone SIM but it just says 'incorrect sim' without asking for the unlock code,

How do you put in the code?

Any help much appreciated

<**< otherwise known as left, star, star, left
    Then network
    Then MNC2
    Enter code where you see NCK

Larry_o_C wrote: »
    Hi guys, quick question. My dad got a new company phone (they moved him from meteor to 3) but he wants me to put the new sim into his old phone (a nokia). I know how to do this but am wondering will a 3 sim card work in an old nokia?

Depends on the Nokia. Just try it. If its an old Nokia it probably isnt 3G phone, so wont work even if it IS unlocked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭coolio_64

is it possible to unlock an n70?
    if so has anyone done this yet

have googled it but the phone i have is an incorrect firmware version:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Can you unlock Sony Ericsson V630i's?

What about debranding?

coolio_64 wrote: »
    is it possible to unlock an n70?
    if so has anyone done this yet

have googled it but the phone i have is an incorrect firmware version:D
    Yes its possible. Have done them no problem but if you read back a few posts you will see the trouble people have with unlocking BB5 models like this.

@jozi

V630i can be unlocked and debranded. You need correct cable and unlock/debrand software or bring to unlock shop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭nazoil

Larry_o_C wrote: »

If it's just talking and texting, it works on non 3G phones. I occasionally use a 3 SIM in a Nokia 6230.

Funny thing is, the Nokia 6230 is one of the only NON 3G phones that a 3 sim card will work in!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Kolha_puri

Can someone help to unlock a new samsung C300 on Meteor.
    IMEI - 3531560186577 6/0 01

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 12 diarmuidmac

Hi Guys, need unlock code please

IMEI 358669015027089

thanks in advance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

Have used this site for a number of free nokia unlocking codes.

Paid recently in advance for a code for the samsung X650 and the T+Cs include a line whereby if they fail to produce a code within 3 days you get your money back.

You can guess what....

Their email box is rejecting my email address which I posted with the payment: says mailbox full but not if I use another email address so it seems they have a nice little game on here: take the money and block your email address.

Did you pay by paypal or credit card?
    You should contact Paypal or credit card company and get your refund!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭diarmuidh

Hi Guys, need unlock code please

IMEI 357085008771800

thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Sneachta

thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

unlocking a 6680, says "not allowed" ? whats the difference between this and code error? I was thinking if the phone was already unlocked but i have tried different sim cards in it and no joy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭swordsgal27

would really appreciate any help on unblocking my sony ericsson w200i doing my head in !! hours searching for info
    its locked to vodafone ,any help at all appreciated ,ill grant you 3 wishes ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement