Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UNLOCKING Qs? - *Only* post in this thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Zipper

Hi I need to get a nokia 5300 unlocked, network is meteor? Can it be done??
    IMEI: 354564016302462

PLEASE...someone help!!

Cheers!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭whisht

davton wrote: »
    unlocking a 6680, says "not allowed" ? whats the difference between this and code error? I was thinking if the phone was already unlocked but i have tried different sim cards in it and no joy

"Not allowed" means you have used too many attempts and blocked the phone so it can no longer accept codes, EVEN if the code is correct

"Code error" is plain. It means incorrect code entered

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

i have a motofone f3 on tesco mobile, imei no 356897016315318, i need to get it unlocked, thanks in advance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭RAFC

would really appreciate any help on unblocking my sony ericsson w200i doing my head in !! hours searching for info
    its locked to vodafone ,any help at all appreciated ,ill grant you 3 wishes ;)
    Same phone but locked to Meteor, is it possible to unlock these????

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Are Nokia 6300's unlockable via code or do i have to go to a shop and get it done?

• Advertisement

@old_boy
    Can be unlocked by codes but not free, or else an unlock shop

@RAFC
    Can be unlocked using special Sony Ericsson unlock software/unlock shop

@jozi
    Only way to get codes for 6300 is from provider. Other than that, its unlock shop also

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

whisht, are networks obliged to give you the unlock code if you ask? If not in general, is there any instance where they are? ie if you are with them for over 12 months or whatever?

Hi. Its different with each network
    Generally, if you are a bill paying customer they should give it right away when requested. If you are a Pay as you Go customer, they generally have some kind of clause where they require that you have used €130(ish) of credit and if not, have to add it to your account

hmmm....I was with Meteor for a good period as a PAYG customer, went onto a contract with them for a year, and now am back as a PAYG customer since last October or so.

Only ever rang them once, when I wanted to cancel my contract, and after five minutes of talking, including giving all my details, they ended up telling me I would have to go into the shop to cancel it. Don't really want to ring them again unless they definitely will give it to me. :o

Well it could save you 130 yoyos!! :D
    What phone is it anyway

• Advertisement

SE w810i.

try www.davinciteam.com if you have a cable

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Blackdragon

Sorry, quick question,
    Can the nokia 6111 be unlocked with just the imei number or will i have to get it done with a cable?

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Can the 6288 Nokia Phone be unlocked with a code?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭RAFC

Thanks whisht - will head to unlocking shop for that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Can the nokia 6300 be unlocked ok?
    I have gotten the code from my operator numerous times and have not been able to unlock it. They say that I will have to send it to them....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

neacy69 wrote: »
    Can the nokia 6300 be unlocked ok?
    I have gotten the code from my operator numerous times and have not been able to unlock it. They say that I will have to send it to them....

it needs hardware to unlock if the code didn't work. if you bring it to an unlocking shop they should be able to do it. it'd be very expensive in ireland but it'll probably be cheaper in sweden. unless they don't have them in sweden?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Got a new phone on 3 network and trying to export numbers from old phone but wont accept sim so cannot copy numbers

incompatible handset phone restricted so presume need unblock code

Nokia 5140i
    Vodafone
    imei 356201009227517

Anyone got a unblock code please thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 16,535 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

can a nokia e65 be unlocked from the 3 network using codes or do i need to bring it into a shop to get it unlocked. can anyone recommend a good shop and what is the usual amount that i wud have to pay

yabadabado wrote: »
    can a nokia e65 be unlocked from the 3 network using codes or do i need to bring it into a shop to get it unlocked. can anyone recommend a good shop and what is the usual amount that i wud have to pay

you'd have to bring that to a shop and the last time i checked it was €60. that was www.gsmsolutionsltd.com. they give a discount to boards users

• Advertisement

Got a new phone on 3 network and trying to export numbers from old phone but wont accept sim so cannot copy numbers

incompatible handset phone restricted so presume need unblock code

Nokia 5140i
    Vodafone
    imei 356201009227517

Anyone got a unblock code please thanks

give this a shot:
    #pw+355816071360427+7#

only try it once. i'm not sure if its right

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

I've an n95 8gb on it's way from England. It's locked to vodafone UK. Anyone know the best approach to getting it unlocked? I don't mind paying in a vodafone shop in Dublin to get it done. Is that possible??

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Are nokia 6151 still only hardwire unlocked cause there ver3 ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

hi and Help,

I have a blackberry 8700g - and i got the unlock code from BT in the uk to use here in Ireland.

What do i do now? where do i imput the unlock code?
    help please?

Go to options/advanced options/sim card
    when you enter the sim card screen, type in mepd
    you will now see a list of the network locks and the one just called network will probably show as active
    now type in mep2 (to type the 2, press and hold the number lock key, the bottom left one)
    you should now be presented with a box saying something like Enter Network MEP Code (10 left) meaning you have 10 attempts

Type in the 16 digit unlock code here and enter
    Thats it done ;)

<EDIT>By the way, when typing MEPD and MEP2, you will NOT see the letters appear on the screen, but type them anyway</EDIT>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭niamh1975

Hi all,

I am a complete technophobe so have absolutely no clue how to unlock my Nokia 6101 which is currently with meteor. I want to use my 087 sim in it. I am not even sure where to get the imei no? Is it the the no underneath the battery about 15/20 digits long?

Thank you to anyone with the patience to respond to this.

niamh1975 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I am not even sure where to get the imei no?

Your IMEI number is obtained by entering *#06# into the phone

Thanks davton, its actually the same no thats underneath the battery.

you found an unlock code then?

• Advertisement

Sorry Davton, no I did'nt find the unblock code yet, the no that I got when I put in *#06# is the same no thats printed in my phone underneath my battery.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement