Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UNLOCKING Qs? - *Only* post in this thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Ah ok I've no experience with them but Voda I could just ring them up and request it, as I've done in the past for myself and family phones.

Hope someone here has better news for you.

How much credit have you used on the phone? Bought credit not free credit as if you have spent enough they must give you the NAC.

MC

• Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭Terrontress

Has anyone had any success with trying to get 3 to unlock a phone at the end of a contract? I'd say that over 2 years I have spent approx 2 thousand on bills and handsets and have moved away from Ireland so cannot stay with 3 Ireland. They want 25 to give me the unlock code for my N73. Apparently it is to pass on to Nokia. They say if I had been upgrading it would have been free. I told them that I didn't get a code on my last upgrade so they say they'll unblock my last phone.

Given the fact that 3 Ireland handsets are much more expensive to buy them other 3 networks, I think it is a bit unfair.

Anyone got any ideas?

If you were in a contract it is illegal for them to refuse you the NAC, charging for it I not so sure but sounds well dodgy to me, never had to pay with Voda.

MC

PS Mods please move this to unlocking thread...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

the 25 euro fee is standard with 3 i'm afraid. The only alternative is to get it done in an unlocking shop which would probably charge more

saying they're passing it onto nokia is a lie

saying it'd be free if you were upgrading is a lie, unless it's changed since i upgraded and had to pay in 2006

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭long_b

You could also buy a remote unlock code from e8ay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    saying it'd be free if you were upgrading is a lie, unless it's changed since i upgraded and had to say in 2006

It is free when renewing the contract.
    If you want to unlock your mobile during your initial contract you need to be on Direct Debit and pay a €25 administration charge.
    If you have upgraded your mobile and contract with 3 and you want to get an unlock code for your old mobile then will do this free of charge.
    If you want to end your contract and get an unlock code you will have to pay an early termination fee and the €25 administration charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

davton wrote: »
    It is free when renewing the contract.

fair enough so, must have changed. It's nice of them that when you upgrade they take the hit on the imaginary fee nokia charge :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

There is a European Directive on this, 3 must not be able to read.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭6ix

Does anyone know what an unlocking shop would charge to unlock an N73? I'm about to leave 3 (after two years of bills) and I'm going to keep my current phone for a month or two. I really don't want to pay Three another €25 on principle. However, if an unlocking shop is a lot more expensive I guess I'll have to.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I dont think you will find anything much cheaper than €25, would also have the time to go in search where 3 will give you the code over the phone.

If their code doest work, they have to give you a phone which is able to be unlocked free of charge, it would be a refurbished handset though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 sophia1

there was some site saying they can give me a code for 15euro but wasnt sure about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Merged into mega thread. Please use that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 sophia1

Random wrote: »
    Merged into mega thread. Please use that.
    Do you have some problem with me posting here???It is what this topic is for and you keep moving it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

sophia1 wrote: »
    Do you have some problem with me posting here???It is what this topic is for and you keep moving it!
    I posted that into your thread. I then merged your thread into this sticky. That's why my comments are in this thread now.

This sticky is the correct place to put unlocking questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

There is a European Directive on this, 3 must not be able to read.

Who do we report 3 to? I mentioned this to Comreg once where they told me they don't deal with handset issues. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭oleary91

Can anyone unlock Motorola V3xx IMEI 353022011918353...Network is 3(worst network ever:mad:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Can anyone unlock a Samsung SGH-e250 for me which is on the Tesco network or point me in the right direction for same?

IMEI is 358295015701778

Thanks.

I came across these instructions when looking for unlocking info for a Samsung E250, (considering one as a cheap back up phone as they are only €35 in Tescos)

I'm assuming that the original post didn't have the IMEI and I haven't used the instructions so can't verify if they work, perhaps someone can post if they have.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 rebel_girl

Hi Lol_leo..just wondering did you ever get your sony phone unlocking codes? mu sisters phone is locked to Meteor and they won't give her the code for it. Her sim has switched to O2 but Meteor won't give her the unlock codes for her phone..

any help greatly appreciated..

lol_leo wrote: »
    Can someone help me with unlocking a Sony Ericsson w200i

IMEI 35557602-671025-1-13
    Network Meteor

Thanks

ps...why isnt there free sites for Sonys the same as Nokias, LGs etc!?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Hey... can I get an unlock code please? :)

Model: Nokia 6300
    Serial #: 359810015365926
    Network: Meteor -> o2

Danke! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭aido 1976

Hi All, I need you help.

Does anybody have a network unlock code for the Nokia 6233, that actually works. I have tried the nokiafix site etc, and still no joy.

Model: Nokia 6233
    IMEI: 352749016405561
    Network: Locked to O2 (I want to use Vodafone)

Many Thanks in advance.

Aido 1976

• Registered Users Posts: 17 johnyowen

hi im looking for help to unlock an old sharp 550sh . its locked to vodafone and i want to chage it to o2. ive read how to do it but i dont have the imei specific NAC and vodafone wont give to to me without a full moon sacrifice in their honour. if any one has the means i'll have the gratitude. imei num 358144001505183.
    cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭Perrin

I have a nokia 6131 and enter restriction code is coming up on it,anyone have any ideas??

(I would have read through the other threads but i'm stuck on a modem connection,very,very slow)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 lilylo

hi there can anybody tell me os it possible to unlock samsung tocco with unlock code or have to do it in the shop?

also i have nokia E65 with 3 network:mad: asked them for the code 2 weeks ago and no sign
    can anybody tell me how to unlock em or where to get it done cheap
    thx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Columba Rad

Need your phone unlocked? PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 geronimofinch

Hi there!

Anyone got a code for a

Samsung SGH-J700

IMEI: 35563902392994/2

Currently locked to 02.

Thank you kindly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

Can nokia 2600 classic be remotely unlocked?

flodis79 wrote: »
    Can nokia 2600 classic be remotely unlocked?
    Yes, code from your network. Otherwise unlock by cable.

• Advertisement

flodis79 wrote: »
    Can Nokia 2600 Classic be remotely unlocked?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=57168007&postcount=4919

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement