Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UNLOCKING Qs? - *Only* post in this thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Tarakiwa

Did you buy the phone from a Meteor store? If you did I would imagine that they have the unlocking code.

If you bought it elsewhere then I guess it is understandable why they have to approach Nokia for the code.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

arent meteor bill phones sim free?

You will find that Meteor handsets bought in Carphone Warehouse are a lot of the time unlocked but those bought in Meteor stores are generally not.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭laoisfan

Meteor told me the same story when I asked them to unlock my SE W810i, that it would take up to 10 working days to get the unlock code. When they did get it, it would not work and they said that was only unlock code for that phone (possible i guess). I ended up getting it unlocked at that shop just off Abbey St for €20.

I ported over to O2 recently, got an SE K850i. a few weeks later one of the mods on the O2 forum (Talk2O2) gave me the unlock code for my new SE K850i...worked a treat...no waiting for 1 week, or 10 days etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Thanks for the info lads

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 cyberbear

yes i bouht it in a mateor store! bt i wnated 2 no if i could unlock it on my own! for free! and the world unlock calclator gives me the codes but i dont know which to use! do you know if you use the general DCT3 or the generlal DCT4? can you help?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

OP, thats the normal story with Meteor, they did it to me on several occasions and I foolishly went back to them! I'm on Vodafone now so I'm happy out. Meteor gave me wrong codes for two of my phones and the other time they say they never gt a request for one which I tossed back at them and told them where to go and got the phone unlocked else where. I hate them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 cyberbear

whats the diffrence between DCT3 and DCT4 how do you know which it is! and can the nokia 5300 be unlocked?

does my gf need the phone in her hand when she rings or can she just have the IMEI number if the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

unlocking a se w810i with a code involves a combo of key presses (nav keys and star i think, its been a while) which reveals a hidden menu for you to input the code. its that easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭KELTICKNIGHTT

is there a place in limerick/tipp area that can unlock nokia 5310
    cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

keltic knight there is a fone repair shop on william street limerick, next door to micheal gleesons shoe shop, cheaper to log into dealextreame.com[/EMAIL]you can get a sim delievered for under 8 u.s. which will unlock any make of fone, you just place underneath you own sim. they have video tutorials also

I have the phone, and i can only get the phone to her on saturday, do meteor take phonecalls on sat? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭I_Mr_Euphony

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone is able to get unlock codes for O2 Blackberry Pearl 8100?

Instructions on unlocking it are here:
    http://www.askstudent.com/hacking/how-to-unlock-the-blackberry-pearl-and-enter-blackberry-unlock-codes/

Cheers,
    euph

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Popanddrop

Anyway of unlocking a Nokia 6233, locked to vodafone?

old boy wrote: »
    keltic knight there is a fone repair shop on william street limerick, next door to micheal gleesons shoe shop, cheaper to log into dealextreame.com[/EMAIL]you can get a sim delievered for under 8 u.s. which will unlock any make of fone, you just place underneath you own sim. they have video tutorials also

cheers guy

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭c-dog

anyone supply me with the unlockin code for nokia 5310(blue one) imei is 352045027536225 and currently locked to the o2 network
    thanks a mil

c-dog wrote: »
    anyone supply me with the unlockin code for nokia 5310(blue one) imei is 352045027536225 and currently locked to the o2 network
    thanks a mil

i asked same question but didnt get reply

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭c-dog

hopefuly someone will know!!!

• Advertisement

c-dog wrote: »
    hopefuly someone will know!!!

No, get it done in an unlock shop or get a turbo sim from dealextreme.com I unlocked a 5310 from meteor using a turbo sim.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,365 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

can the nokia 6220 classic be unlocked??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

Hi I'm looking to unlock my sisters Z610i Sony Ericsson which is on the 3 network. Having no luck finding anything, is it possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭pm.

6230 locked to 02 ime 355665004364486 thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sedohre

pm. wrote: »
    6230 locked to 02 ime 355665004364486 thanks in advance

Try http://www.trycktill.com/unlock_swe.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 adriandooley

my kids have mobiles im done with from work , but they are all locked to vodafone , they use mixed prviders any chance of a free unlock for these.

sony 580i imei is 3524300018599069
    nokia 5300 imei is 356408019911648
    nokia 6230i imei is 353233014414387

Adrian
    a.dooley@pinewood.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Does anyone know what Vodafone Ireland are like at giving out codes? I bought a phone second-hand which is locked to Vodafone, want to get it unlocked as I'm not a Vodafone customer. Are they likely to be willing to give me the code (it's a BB5 phone, by the way)?

blastman wrote: »
    Does anyone know what Vodafone Ireland are like at giving out codes? I bought a phone second-hand which is locked to Vodafone, want to get it unlocked as I'm not a Vodafone customer. Are they likely to be willing to give me the code (it's a BB5 phone, by the way)?

They've gone quite strict over the past month, A customer from America had one and topped it up by €80 in a month and they wouldn't unlock it even though he was going home--saying they had changed the systems and that although you could unlock it before under someone elses number that they can't do it anymore which I think is BS! but its worth trying someones vodafone number to get it unlocked under

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Hi All

I bought an N73 of my mate the other day but it is locked to the 3 network. Any ideas on how to unlock it. Otherwise I'll have to bring it to phone shop and see what they can do. Thanks in advance :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement