Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UNLOCKING Qs? - *Only* post in this thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Ah-Watch wrote: »
    They've gone quite strict over the past month, A customer from America had one and topped it up by €80 in a month and they wouldn't unlock it even though he was going home--saying they had changed the systems and that although you could unlock it before under someone elses number that they can't do it anymore which I think is BS! but its worth trying someones vodafone number to get it unlocked under
    Cheers for that, I don't know if you can answer this, but in case anyone else can, do I need to be able to give a Vodafone number or will I actually need a Vodafone SIM card to unlock it this way?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

Hey all, my sisters are going abroad for the year and they want to take their phones with them. Is there any chance of getting unlock codes for these?

Nokia 6131
    IMEI 356432012287582
    Locked to Meteor

Nokia 6300
    IMEI 359810015405078
    Locked to Meteor

Thanks very much for any help.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

Hi All

I bought an N73 of my mate the other day but it is locked to the 3 network. Any ideas on how to unlock it. Otherwise I'll have to bring it to phone shop and see what they can do. Thanks in advance :)
    I'm in the same situation, trying to unlock a 3 n73 but I'm getting the feeling this can only be done in a shop or pay 3 a ridiculous amount to get the code. Last time I needed to unlock a phone it was with o2 and I just rang up and they gave it to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

LFCFan wrote: »
    I'm in the same situation, trying to unlock a 3 n73 but I'm getting the feeling this can only be done in a shop or pay 3 a ridiculous amount to get the code. Last time I needed to unlock a phone it was with o2 and I just rang up and they gave it to me.

3 charge the number its registered to €27 so I'd kick them in the a~~e and get it unlocked in a shop

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Yeah guys rang 3 and they told me it would cost €27 to give me code plus there had to be €120 spent on credit on the phone. So I just went to shop and got it unlocked with latest software update and all. It cost €30 but out of principle would not pay 3 for the code. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Onesmartbadger

Hi Guys

I have a Nokia 6500 slide and when I left the 3 network I requested the unlock code. 25 euro later and three attempts later I had locked it permenently because they had given me an incorrect code. My question is are there any stores on the northside of Dublin or Meath that can unlock the phone. Thanks in advance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Columba Rad

Hi Guys

I have a Nokia 6500 slide and when I left the 3 network I requested the unlock code. 25 euro later and three attempts later I had locked it permenently because they had given me an incorrect code. My question is are there any stores on the northside of Dublin or Meath that can unlock the phone. Thanks in advance
    I can unlock ALL Nokia phones, hardlocked ect... Get the phone to me by 10AM tomorrow collect it between 12PM~6PM tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Onesmartbadger

I can unlock ALL Nokia phones, hardlocked ect... Get the phone to me by 10AM tomorrow collect it between 12PM~6PM tomorrow.

where are you located and what do you charge ?

where are you located and what do you charge ?
    PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭ur mentor

Hi
    I have unlock code for n72 from network operator. but how do i enter it?
    is it *pw+ or what?
    Thanks for your input

• Advertisement

ur mentor wrote: »
    Hi
    I have unlock code for n72 from network operator. but how do i enter it?
    is it *pw+ or what?
    Thanks for your input
    Nokia unlock codes look like this;

#pw+123456789012345+1#

Each Nokia phone has it's own unlocking code. To enter the unlock code, first put a foreign sim card in the phone, i.e. - if the phone is locked to the O2 network, put a non O2 sim card in the phone. When you turn the phone on, you will usually see an error message saying "Phone Restricted" and you will have an option to "Undo Restriction", press "Undo Restriction" and enter the unlock code in this format;

#PW+XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX+1#

The letter P will appear after quickly pressing the star button ( * ) 3 times.
    The letter W will appear after quickly pressing the star button ( * ) 4 times.
    The letter + will appear after quickly pressing the star button ( * ) 2 times.

The phone should show the message "SIM Restriction Off" or a similar message to confirm that is it unlocked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭montydorito

can any one help unlock nokia2310
    from vodafone to meteor
    for free :D:D:D

will pm the details

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Ritchi

Any help with a K700i, had it with 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

anyone know how to remotely unlock SE W950i locked to orange UK? will pay if required.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Any chance of as code for a 6021 IMEI 359751003978967 on O2 .

Thanks !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

sharkman wrote: »
    Any chance of as code for a 6021 IMEI 359751003978967 on O2 .

Thanks !
    #pw+902912625071420+7#

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Ah-Watch wrote: »
    #pw+902912625071420+7#

Worked perfectly . Thank You !!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭ur mentor

Nokia unlock codes look like this;

#pw+123456789012345+1#

Each Nokia phone has it's own unlocking code. To enter the unlock code, first put a foreign sim card in the phone, i.e. - if the phone is locked to the O2 network, put a non O2 sim card in the phone. When you turn the phone on, you will usually see an error message saying "Phone Restricted" and you will have an option to "Undo Restriction", press "Undo Restriction" and enter the unlock code in this format;

#PW+XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX+1#

The letter P will appear after quickly pressing the star button ( * ) 3 times.
    The letter W will appear after quickly pressing the star button ( * ) 4 times.
    The letter + will appear after quickly pressing the star button ( * ) 2 times.

The phone should show the message "SIM Restriction Off" or a similar message to confirm that is it unlocked.

Thanks a million. Worked a treat. Just goes to show the info from Vodafone- while complying with regulator- does not make it easy for a user to unblock phone.
    interesting to note that Vodafone claim you can only get 9 unblocking opportunities! Sounds a bit random.

:cool:

ur mentor wrote: »
    Thanks a million. Worked a treat. Just goes to show the info from Vodafone- while complying with regulator- does not make it easy for a user to unblock phone.
    interesting to note that Vodafone claim you can only get 9 unblocking opportunities! Sounds a bit random.

:cool:
    No problem. You only get 3 chances to unlock it by code. Vodafone probably told you 9 times so you'd hardlock it, making it more of a hassle to get it unlocked therefore keeping you on their network longer.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Arsenal1986

Hi guys!
    Just a quixk Q is it possible to unblock said phone over net or will i have to get it done in a shop?if so where are the best shops to do this in i live in dublin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Larry Cummins

Anyone know how to unblock a nokia 7360 IMEI 352760011973198 on vodafone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭whisht

Anyone know how to unblock a nokia 7360 IMEI 352760011973198 on vodafone

#pw+238225653654435+1#

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭bambam

is is possible to get the unlock code for a Sony Ericsson K770i locked to 3 UK?
    IMEI is 35238402392250569

Thanks, Bam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Larry Cummins

whisht wrote: »
    #pw+238225653654435+1#
    Thank you very much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭whisht

You're welcome ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Darando

Anybody on here able to unlock a Samsung Tocco (O2)???????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ryanmarriott

hi

i have just bought a nokia n95 8gb which is locked on 3 (three)

i would like to unlock it to be used on 02.

IEMI - 354829022511103

please can somebody help me with this?

Because i have no idea how to get an unlocking code or whatever it is that i need.

cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Kat B

Hi All,

Im a newbie here but the site was recommended to me for help with unlocking phones so said I'd give ye a shout!

There is a new lg handset (ks360) I want to buy but it is only available on Orange in the UK.
    If I were to buy this does anyone know if it can be unlocked from Orange?

Many thanks in advance,

Kat. ;)

Kat B wrote: »
    Hi All,

Im a newbie here but the site was recommended to me for help with unlocking phones so said I'd give ye a shout!

There is a new lg handset (ks360) I want to buy but it is only available on Orange in the UK.
    If I were to buy this does anyone know if it can be unlocked from Orange?

Many thanks in advance,

Kat. ;)
    Yes, it can be unlocked. I can unlock it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Kat B

Yes, it can be unlocked. I can unlock it.

Really! Thats great.
    I wanted to be sure it could be done before I bought it.
    Could you post or pm me the details?

Thanks so much ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement