Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UNLOCKING Qs? - *Only* post in this thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

I'm looking to unlock a Siemens C35 from O2 Northern Ireland. Will a code do, or do I have to resort to a cable unlock?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭philtaylor

Any ideas on how to unlock a vodafone gx25 . I am looking at the below cable :

:confused:http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=0&item=6372929411&rd=1

Anyone got any idea what software I need or even if the above cable will work .

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

@philtaylor...
    Not sure if this will work....Generally they are only for ringtones, pictures etc....Also, I dont know of any software to do the GX25

I can do them if you want. PM me for details

Lovely phone by the way
    :)

mr_angry wrote:
    I'm looking to unlock a Siemens C35 from O2 Northern Ireland. Will a code do, or do I have to resort to a cable unlock?

You need a cable and software to do this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

i know this has been asked abut a million times
    but i need to buy a cable to unlock the phone
    but i don wanna just for the sake of useing the
    thing once. my question is will the same cable
    work for transfering things like java games &
    ringtones i get off the net 2 my phone?
    one more thing were would b the best place to
    buy the cable?.
    hope some1 can help us out cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭mad m

ricey wrote:
    i know this has been asked abut a million times
    but i need to buy a cable to unlock the phone
    but i don wanna just for the sake of useing the
    thing once. my question is will the same cable
    work for transfering things like java games &
    ringtones i get off the net 2 my phone?
    one more thing were would b the best place to
    buy the cable?.
    hope some1 can help us out cheers!

Ebay is the cheapest i suppose,yes you can transfer stuff like games/stuff with right software.checkout Here!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭philtaylor

is it possible to unlock a sharp gx25 by code . See below :

http://www.mobtec.net/unlock_form/Sharp/GX-25.php

if so then there must be a free app somewhere?????

philtaylor wrote:
    is it possible to unlock a sharp gx25 by code . See below :

http://www.mobtec.net/unlock_form/Sharp/GX-25.php

if so then there must be a free app somewhere?????

These are network codes and if you notice, they only support Vodafone UK. Companies like this buy the unlock codes from the network

Check out www.vodacodes.co.uk also and you'll see

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Faltermyer wrote:
    In the past this was true, but in the past year, you will be very lucky to find one not locked.

It's very easy to unlock the 6230 just go to Nokiafree unlock Codes Calculator and enter yor IMEI, choose your country and network (eircell=vodafone EsatDigi=O2) choose asic 6 in the next box and 6230 for Nokia Model then hit the get nokia DCT4 unlock codes button. The seventh unlock code is the one that seems to work. NB READ THE WARNING.

I've unlocked two O2 6230 with no problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 heliguy

Most sites warn that you only have five shots at remote unlocking, but my o2 phone locked after only three goes is this something there doing now, its a 6610i I got as an upgrade on my wifes o2 phone number but I wanted to use it on my vodafone account. I went to vodafone and they said that o2 will unlock it if you ask them.

My question is can they, now that I've gone and locked it.

Next question the nokia sites say it needs to be cable unlocked now can anyone recommend a place that will do that around Dublin or Meath.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭ranDom_tAsk

heliguy wrote:
    Most sites warn that you only have five shots at remote unlocking, but my o2 phone locked after only three goes is this something there doing now, its a 6610i I got as an upgrade on my wifes o2 phone number but I wanted to use it on my vodafone account. I went to vodafone and they said that o2 will unlock it if you ask them.

My question is can they, now that I've gone and locked it.

Next question the nokia sites say it needs to be cable unlocked now can anyone recommend a place that will do that around Dublin or Meath.

I'll unlock it for you if you want I have all the Nokia equipment for cable unlocking and flashing etc.

I'm in Tallaght.

Click my signature for my website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Ericf

Hi,
    I have a Nokia 7250i. When I put on the phone, it says "Sim Card Registration Failed." So I unlocked the IMEI number but I still get the same message. When I try Network Selection, it says no access. The phone is originally orange and my sim card is 02 (United Kingdom, in Newcastle). Any help would be greatly appreciated. :o
    Thanks,
    -Eric

Ericf wrote:
    Hi,
    I have a Nokia 7250i. When I put on the phone, it says "Sim Card Registration Failed." So I unlocked the IMEI number but I still get the same message. When I try Network Selection, it says no access. The phone is originally orange and my sim card is 02 (United Kingdom, in Newcastle). Any help would be greatly appreciated. :o
    Thanks,
    -Eric

It's now hard locked you will need it cable unlocked, I'll unlock it for you if you want I have all the Nokia equipment for cable unlocking and flashing etc.

I'm in Tallaght.

Click my signature for my website.

I done heliguy's yesterday.

Hi Brian,

Would you not just make this thread a sticky ?

Thanks,

Patrick

It's too heavy! (496 posts including this one)
    I don't think it WOULD stick!!!
    :D:D:D

wolfman wrote:
    It's too heavy! (496 posts including this one)
    I don't think it WOULD stick!!!
    :D:D:D

LOL :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

does anyone know how to unlock the motarola v980 without using a datacable? youo can do it on a Nokia's by pressing the keypad, can it be done on the motarola the same ?

NeVeR wrote:
    does anyone know how to unlock the motarola v980 without using a datacable? youo can do it on a Nokia's by pressing the keypad, can it be done on the motarola the same ?

I can do them with a portable device, and there was a server for unlocking Motos Remotely, but sadly it's gone now :( .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

thanks.. but i dont want to pay for it,, lol

NeVeR wrote:
    thanks.. but i dont want to pay for it,, lol

lol, there's no free solution, so you're gonna be stuck to a network until you do pay to get it unlocked :p ...

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Hil,

I jusy got a Orange SPV 500 (Microsoft phone) on contract in the UK. I'll be over in Ireland for the holidays. Does anyone know how hard it is to get them unlocked ? I wanna stick my Irish sim while I'm around.

Thanks

Afraid at the moment, your only option is
    http://www.imei-check.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭derv

anyone know if there is a problem with nokia 2650 on meteor?

i can't unlock it.
    i've tried twice already , don't wanna go hrd locking the phone.

anyone help me? i need this unlocked asap , like in 10 minutes.

PM me the IMEI
    and also the codes you tried and I'll double check them against mine and PM you back

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hey guys, I have a nokia 3220. It uses a meteor card. I want to put my vodafone sim in but it says enter restriction code. Any ideas what i can do to get it!? if i gave someone my IMEI will that work!? Thanks a lot..

EDIT: Sorted! Found the code!

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭dcGT

mad m wrote:
    Anyone interested in unlocking there nokia 6230 which is a Type ASIC 6 phone can do it here online for free.... HERE
    Do the usual stuff but make sure where it says "GEN" that you select ASIC 6 instead of NEW GRIFFIN and pick model number of phone also(6230) and just calculate code....

goodluck...

Does anyone know what happened to this site ( http://unlock.nokiafree.org )? It doesn't seem to be up at the moment. Is there anywhere else I can unlock a Nokia 6230 for free?

Cheers,

DC.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

dcGT wrote:
    Does anyone know what happened to this site ( http://unlock.nokiafree.org )? It doesn't seem to be up at the moment. Is there anywhere else I can unlock a Nokia 6230 for free?

Cheers,

DC.

Works fine for me although it took a while to come up . . . might just be busy ?!

ZEN

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭dcGT

ZENER wrote:
    Works fine for me although it took a while to come up . . . might just be busy ?!

ZEN

Indeed....can get in now. Cheers.
    Thanks for link too ranDom_tAsk.

DC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

i need a motorola v300 unlocked.

i've been reading this thread, and looks like i'm gonna have to pay to have this done.

does anyone know anywhere that does this, in dublin city center?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement