Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UNLOCKING Qs? - *Only* post in this thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Cheers! Ill try that! I take it that o2 are also the only ones doing iphones in the uk also. Didnt know that! Ill try find a uk o2 sim somehow! Hope that works or its alot of money wasted! Yeah noticed a ton of other threads of the same thing so decided to post to the one your suppose to!

Yes 02 are the only network in the UK with the iphone too, you'll need to get an 02 UK sim to jailbreak and unlock the phone, try the box again there might be a new sim in it somewhere. Hope you get sorted, let me know how you get on!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Irishmaster

This may be a stupid question but seeing how my iphone is o2 uk shouldnt i just bring it to o2 ireland and get them to somehow release it to o2 ireland. There both the same company right? I dont even need to get it unlocked just back onto o2 again! Anyway still looking for a o2 uk sim card!:mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

This may be a stupid question but seeing how my iphone is o2 uk shouldnt i just bring it to o2 ireland and get them to somehow release it to o2 ireland. There both the same company right? I dont even need to get it unlocked just back onto o2 again! Anyway still looking for a o2 uk sim card!:mad::mad::mad:
    O2 IE and O2 UK are separately run companys. You need to contact O2 UK to get an O2 UK phone unlocked. They probably won't unlock the iPhone much like O2 here.

O2 IE SIMs won't work in O2 UK phone sand vice versa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 kav_m1

Lads just wondering if I buy an iphone in America can I bring it home and put it on meteor?

Dont want to put it on o2 as my gf is meteor and so are all my friends, free calls texts you know yourself!!

Sorry I know this question has probably been answered somewhere in the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭rvd156

Hey could someone provide me with the unlock code for a Sony Ericsson W910i locked to meteor?? IMEI is 35739202524999632. Thanks in advance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Tripp

kav_m1 wrote: »
    Lads just wondering if I buy an iphone in America can I bring it home and put it on meteor?

Dont want to put it on o2 as my gf is meteor and so are all my friends, free calls texts you know yourself!!

Sorry I know this question has probably been answered somewhere in the thread.

Yes you can but To buy an iPhone in the states you have to sign up to a 2 year contract and you need a Credit card with an american address.

When the iPhone first came out they sold it without contracts but now they have caught onto what people outside of the states are doing so bad luck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 tracybabe26

can anyone help me unlock my nokia 7360 phone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Columba Rad

can anyone help me unlock my nokia 7360 phone?
    IMEI (press *#06#)?
    Network it's locked too?

IMEI (press *#06#)?
    Network it's locked too?
    o2 network isme number 352760011883348

o2 network isme number 352760011883348
    #pw+925 942 557 301 343+1#

• Advertisement

#pw+925 942 557 301 343+1#
    sorry now i am a bit thick, does the phone need to be turned off with the sim out or not. i tried it there now with sim in and it come up cannot uudo restriction

sorry now i am a bit thick, does the phone need to be turned off with the sim out or not. i tried it there now with sim in and it come up cannot uudo restriction
    Cannot undo restriction means you tried too many wrong codes already. You'll need to have it unlocked by cable. See my sig for details.

To enter the unlock code, first put a foreign sim card in the phone, i.e. - if the phone is locked to the O2 network, put a non O2 sim card in the phone. When you turn the phone on, you will usually see an error message saying "Phone Restricted" and you will have an option to "Undo Restriction", press "Undo Restriction" and enter the unlock code in this format;

#PW+XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX+1#

The letter P will appear after quickly pressing the star button ( * ) 3 times.
    The letter W will appear after quickly pressing the star button ( * ) 4 times.
    The letter + will appear after quickly pressing the star button ( * ) 2 times.

The phone should show the message "SIM Restriction Off" or a similar message to confirm that is it unlocked.
    thanks will try that and let you know how i get on

thanks will try that and let you know how i get on
    I've edited my post since; http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=59169046&postcount=5607

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭electro-shocks

just bought a iphone 3g with o2 uk with version 2.21 and modm firmware 02.30.03.
    Is there anyway of unlocking the phone to o2 ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

Hi folks, got my gf a nokia 7310 for her birthday tomorrow but its only available on 02 and she is vodafone.

Could anyone tell me the unlock code for it:

Nokia 7310
    IMEI: 354151023632428
    Network: 02

Thanks in advance for any help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

Hi, can anyone help me unlock an old Nokia 6131 locked to o2, IMEI: 355509/01/056860/9. Really appreciate it, just landed new phone in water.:mad:

PaulKK wrote: »
    Hi folks, got my gf a nokia 7310 for her birthday tomorrow but its only available on 02 and she is vodafone.

Nokia 7310

Your options are;
    1. You can get the unlock code for free when you've spent €130ish on your account since you got the phone. You should ring your network first and talk to them about unlocking your phone, as they may unlock it for free.
    2. Cable unlocking in a mobile phone unlocking shop, (Google search in Ireland).
    3. Me, I do most (not all) phone unlocking for €9.99, PM me for details.
    Hi, can anyone help me unlock an old Nokia 6131 locked to o2, IMEI: 355509/01/056860/9. Really appreciate it, just landed new phone in water.:mad:
    Your options are;
    1. You can get the unlock code for free when you've spent €130ish on your account since you got the phone. You should ring your network first and talk to them about unlocking your phone, as they may unlock it for free.
    2. Cable unlocking in a mobile phone unlocking shop, (Google search in Ireland).
    3. Me, I do most (not all) phone unlocking for €9.99, PM me for details.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

PaulKK wrote: »

Nokia 7310

did u get it with a new number or just as an upgrade?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭IWishh

After a phone is released how long does it usually take before youre able to find the code to unlock it?

• Advertisement

IWishh wrote: »
    After a phone is released how long does it usually take before youre able to find the code to unlock it?
    You can get the unlock code for free when you've spent €130ish on your account since you got the phone. You should ring your network first and talk to them about unlocking your phone, as they may unlock it for free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭IWishh

You can get the unlock code for free when you've spent €130ish on your account since you got the phone. You should ring your network first and talk to them about unlocking your phone, as they may unlock it for free.

Oh ok thanks, well it was just that I'm on meteor and I'm dying for the nokia 5800 but its only just come out on o2 and vodafone at the moment. And I hate their price plans. I guess I'll wait till it comes out on meteor or else buy it from England or something =/

IWishh wrote: »
    Oh ok thanks, well it was just that I'm on meteor and I'm dying for the nokia 5800 but its only just come out on o2 and vodafone at the moment. And I hate their price plans. I guess I'll wait till it comes out on meteor or else buy it from England or something =/
    I can unlock it for €29.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 sleepypinkmoose

Could someone please tell me how to unlock an o2 nokia 6021 so that I can use it with my meteor simcard? thanks :pac::pac:

Could someone please tell me how to unlock an o2 nokia 6021 so that I can use it with my meteor simcard? thanks :pac::pac:
    Yes, what network is it locked too & what is the IMEI number?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Tupins

hi there, when getting o2 phone unlocked in shop do you have to give them the sim phone number or does it have anything to do with the sim?

Could I just hand them the phone on it's own?

(Have nokia E51 for work but want to use it for personal use in evenings / weekends on different network. don't want work association to be an issue)

thanks

Tupins wrote: »
    hi there, when getting o2 phone unlocked in shop do you have to give them the sim phone number or does it have anything to do with the sim?

Could I just hand them the phone on it's own?

(Have nokia E51 for work but want to use it for personal use in evenings / weekends on different network. don't want work association to be an issue)

thanks
    Which shop? O2 shop or an unlocking shop?

With O2 you can do it over the phone, give them a call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Tupins

ok will try that, thanks :)

Tupins wrote: »
    ok will try that, thanks :)
    NP, if they quote you more than €24.99 give me a shout ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 sleepypinkmoose

Yes, what network is it locked too & what is the IMEI number?

It's on O2, the IMEI is 354838015109700 ... thanks :D:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement