Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UNLOCKING Qs? - *Only* post in this thread.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Columba Rad

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    Do you actually need the phone? can the 5800 be updated this way?
    Yes. I can change the product code to a generic (non network) one, see pic below;

2a50qvs_th.gif

Once I do that (takes about 4/5 seconds) you can upgrade using Nokia Service update to get the latest generic version available for the Nokia 5800 :)

Edit

Pic of updated Nokia 5800;

1ihank_th.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭LiNgWiStIkZ

Hey,

I got a w880i for Christmas (Orange Network), but I can't use the sim card in Ireland and I want to use my Meteor sim. Is this possible?

Hey,

I got a w880i for Christmas (Orange Network), but I can't use the sim card in Ireland and I want to use my Meteor sim. Is this possible?
    I do most (not all) phone unlocking for €9.99, PM me for details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭eskimo

Anyone able to unlock an LG KP500 (O2 U.K. Sim) so I can put an Irish O2 Sim card into it?

eskimo wrote: »
    Anyone able to unlock an LG KP500 (O2 U.K. Sim) so I can put an Irish O2 Sim card into it?
    I do most (not all) phone unlocking for €9.99, PM me for details.

• Advertisement

Fine...

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭ChicoMendez

hi
    anyone know how to get an unlock code for a meteor sony-e w890 ?

tnx

as a preference for free

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

Thinking about getting a HTC Touch Diamond off ebay. Most are still SIM locked there. So is it hard to unlock it?

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Waesfjord

lads, can anyone unlock a Nokia 1208, locked to Vodafone (never used before), as need to use on my 3pay SIM, existing phpne 'on' button stopped working ;(

cheers.

• Advertisement

brian1976 wrote: »
    lads, can anyone unlock a Nokia 1208, locked to Vodafone (never used before), as need to use on my 3pay SIM, existing phpne 'on' button stopped working ;(

cheers.
    Even if you got it unlocked, it still wouldn't work on the 3 network because the phone is GSM only, so no 3G support.

http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_1208-1977.php

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

hi can anyone unlock a lg kp500 phone for me my daughter has one locked to the meteor network and she wants to use o2 like her frienda if anyone can help it would be great

this not possible so ??
    hi
    anyone know how to get an unlock code for a meteor sony-e w890 ?

tnx

this not possible so ??
    Your options are;
    1. You can get the unlock code for free when you've spent €130ish on your account since you got the phone. You should ring your network first and talk to them about unlocking your phone, as they may unlock it for free.
    2. Cable unlocking in a mobile phone unlocking shop, (Google search in Ireland).
    3. Me, I unlock phones, I do most (not all) phone unlocking for €9.99, PM me for details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 hamwithoutchees

Hi, does anyone know how to unlock the Nokia 5220? It's Meteor and I want it on O2!
    Thanks.

Hi, does anyone know how to unlock the Nokia 5220? It's Meteor and I want it on O2!
    Thanks.
    Your options are;
    1. You can get the unlock code for free when you've spent €130ish on your account since you got the phone. You should ring your network first and talk to them about unlocking your phone, as they may unlock it for free.
    2. Cable unlocking in a mobile phone unlocking shop, (Google search in Ireland).
    3. Me, I unlock phones, I do most (not all) phone unlocking for €9.99, PM me for details.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Pason

anyone got a code for a nokia n6280 fixed to 3 network uk do not know where to look thanks

Pason wrote: »
    anyone got a code for a nokia n6280 fixed to 3 network uk do not know where to look thanks
    Your options are;

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭toe_knee

Hi,

Anyone know how you would go about unlocking a Samsung Pixon. Think of buying one off ebay from the UK and the ones that are locked to a network are a good bit cheaper. Would it cost much to get this unlocked?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭HarryD

Hi,

Does anyone know what the policies Irish operators have for giving out NAC codes ?
    I bought a E51 locked to Voda. I called them and they gave me the NAC code as I'm a customer.
    Do Meteor/O2 have the same policy ?
    Do all phones have a NAC ?

Cheers,
    Ray.

• Advertisement

HarryD wrote: »
    Hi,

Does anyone know what the policies Irish operators have for giving out NAC codes ?
    I bought a E51 locked to Voda. I called them and they gave me the NAC code as I'm a customer.
    Do Meteor/O2 have the same policy ?
    Do all phones have a NAC ?

Cheers,
    Ray.
    How long have you had the phone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭HarryD

How long have you had the phone?

I bought it 2nd hand last week.. not sure how old it is..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

If you can contact the original owner they may be able to get the code for you free of charge from the network

Davy wrote: »
    If you can contact the original owner they may be able to get the code for you free of charge from the network

Pay attention Davy, HarryD already got his phone unlocked ;)
    They'll usually give you the code when €130 is spent on the account since you got your last phone.

didnt she is first post clearly :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Doomofman

Probably been brought up before but is there a way to unlock the Motorola v3xx from 3?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭diarmuidh

Hi
    I have just been in touch with Three

I had a contract with them for a year until last year..now I want to get the phone I had with them unlocked and they are saying I must pay 25€ to get it unlocked..Should this not be a free service for people who had finished the minimum terms of their contract????? In Spain were I am now living the mobile phone companies must unlock it for free when the minimum term has expired..

my phone is a k800

diarmuidh wrote: »
    Hi
    I have just been in touch with Three

I had a contract with them for a year until last year..now I want to get the phone I had with them unlocked and they are saying I must pay 25€ to get it unlocked..Should this not be a free service for people who had finished the minimum terms of their contract????? In Spain were I am now living the mobile phone companies must unlock it for free when the minimum term has expired..

my phone is a k800

This has been a very sore point for people on 3. 3 state they will only unlock it free if you renew your contract

The €25/€27 is to cover their administration fees. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭simi956

IMEI: 352066026740055
    Network: Meteor
    Nokia 2630

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement