Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UNLOCKING Qs? - *Only* post in this thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,620 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

any chance of unlocking the sagem myx5-2 for free?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭D_Money5042000

ok if I unlock my phone will that remove the cingular name/logo from my wallpaper. I got a nokia 6230 and it always says cingular on top of my wallpapers. I asked at the cingular store if i unlock it will that change it but they say it's in the sim card. So unlocking it is pointless. Is that true?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

@obried26
    Send me a PM with your contact details and I'll try to help you

@mervync
    Yes, your phone can be unlocked. If you want to PM me your imei number, I can send you back an unlock code

@Oracle & Tauren
    Sagems can be unlocked, but not for free. the hardware solution was released about 2 months ago

@D_Money5042000
    On your phone, visit http://www.jhonny.org/wap and select logo number 1 which is a blank operator logo which downloads to your phone. BTW, did you contact that guy about the flashing in Boston? I told him to expect you

<edit>and to answer your question about unlocking....your phone does not need to be unlocked to remove the logo. phones are unlocked only to enable usage of sim cards from other networks on subsidised phones</edit>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Heya....could use some help.
    Trying to unlock a Nokia 3220 on Vodafone R2G. I've used the code generator on NokiaFX.com for a type 2 phone...(since the 3220 is not listed there I had to find out from another site that it was type 2; am I right?).

It's thrown back 7 codes...tried putting in the 7th on the list twice and no joy....have vodafone got wise to unlocking? Or am I inputting a code for the wrong DCT?

Any help much appreciated...

Use Asic 2 for Asic type and Asic 6 for box type(32821)

• Advertisement

wolfman wrote:

You mean on the calculator form right? :confused:
    I selected Phone Type 2 from a possible list of 2, 5, 7 or DCT3

Or are you on about something else entirely? You'll have to excuse my lack of knowledge...doing this for a mate

Tell you what, PM me your IMEI and the network the phone is locked to. I'll PM you back 7 codes and compare them to the ones you got.
    If they are different, then try one of them and you should be sorted
    <edit>sorry....just saw its on vodafone....so just the imei will do</edit>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭D_Money5042000

wolfman you are the man! I tried the wap website you suggested and it worked great. thanx a lot man. And no i have not contacted the guy yet about updating the firmware. But i saved the website in my favorite so i will be contacting him soon. thanx again

Good stuff!
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭dshakey

how do i unlock my sharp gx25..
    will i need a cable or can i use the bluetooth.. or even better is their codes for unlocking it!!

• Advertisement

Send me a PM with your details.

what information do ya need?

wolfman wrote:
    Tell you what, PM me your IMEI and the network the phone is locked to. I'll PM you back 7 codes and compare them to the ones you got.
    If they are different, then try one of them and you should be sorted
    <edit>sorry....just saw its on vodafone....so just the imei will do</edit>
    I d/led a calculator instead of using the online one and it's got the ASIC boxes that you were on about....got code for the guy but not seen him today...want to put it in myself as there's only 2 trys left.

BTW is it possible to purge the crappy vodafone firmware from this phone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭The_Goose

Hey have a Sony Ericsson T500i here and just wondering if theres a way to free unlock it, locked to vodafone?

Got my sharp gx25 unlocked. i can sell you the software to unlock you sharp gx 10,15,25,30,30i and th100 3g phones for €5.

The Gx30, Gx30i and TM100 phones can only be unlocked with a suitable serial unlocking cable. USB wont work. Cables cost no more than €10. on ebay

The Gx15 and Gx25 phones can be unlocked by using a USB cable or via bluetooth.

if your interest send me a private mgs..

Hey have a Sony Ericsson T500i here and just wondering if theres a way to free unlock it, locked to vodafone?

@Wertz
    You need to have it flashed with the standard Nokia firmware to remove VF branding. Let me know if you cant get it done locally.

@The Goose
    You must mean the F500??? or K500? There is no T500 available. There is no free way to unlock these new Sony Ericssons, but they can be unlocked alright.

wolfman wrote:
    You must mean the F500???
    Yeah sorry thats it will vodafone do it if i ring them up or will i have to do it myself?

Vodafone will do it for you if you have spent over 120 Euro on top ups. other than that, you need to get it done yourself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Apologies mods, i just got to the bottom of the charter and found the unlocking thread! Feel free to remove this thread!

ftg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭littlejay

anyone know why this dongle will not read the phone on xp?

• Registered Users Posts: 54,187 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

hey lads i just got a sharp gx15 off ebay looking very forward to it,its coming from england does any one know how to unlock a gx15 and the network is vodafone

wolfman wrote:

Big thanks for that help Wolfman; code #7 worked first time...I'd still have been trying for DCT3 codes if you hadn't given me the above info.

littlejay wrote:
    anyone know why this dongle will not read the phone on xp?

If it's XP service pack 2 then a lot of outside device drivers have problems with SP2...go to the manafacturer's site for help...

@Wertz
    No problem at all. Glad to help out. ;)

@{(-_-)}HeadShoT**
    You can do it by cable if you have the software, or bluetooth or it can be unlocked using a clip, but you wont get free unlock codes for a sharp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 tikbalang

is the Code Calculator by CyberGSM 5.4 capable of unlocking SE P900 phones?

thanx.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,187 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

wolfman wrote:
    @Wertz
    No problem at all. Glad to help out. ;)

@{(-_-)}HeadShoT**
    You can do it by cable if you have the software, or bluetooth or it can be unlocked using a clip, but you wont get free unlock codes for a sharp
    dammit i was hoping it could have been unlocked by codes dammit
    thanks any way wolfman

what did you mean by bluetooth how can it unlock the gx15

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Deevious

Hey wondering if anybody can help. I am in Canada at the mo and have bought a Nokia 3120. Its locked to the Rogers network and its going to cost me $250.00 to unlock it even though I only paid $99.00 for the phone. I need it unlocked as I want to bring it home with me to Ireland. Can it be done????

Oh ya my phone is a GSM phone I made sure it was before I bought it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Aisslinn

Hi,

I bought a UK Nnokia 6610i for a friend in Canada. They are not on the GSM system. We thought the phone was unlocked, but that is not the case. The shops he took it to managed to use up the 5 attempts and now he is stuck. He has a data cable, but now we are clearly hesitant at what to do next. Is there a way to clear the 5 attempts and try again... or a way to unlock it using his data cable? I know the phone isn't of much value here, but it's selling for $400 new & unlocked there.

If anyone has any suggestions or advice it would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks

• Advertisement

@ {(-_-)}HeadShoT**
    There is a file out there on the net that can be use to unlock the GX15 by bluetooth as far as I know. Could take a lot of searching though. If you have no luck, let me know, I can sort you anyway

@ Deevious
    PM me the IMEI and I should be able to help you

@Aisslinn
    The data cable he has is probably only the one for transferring ringtones etc. This cannot be used for unlocking the phone. There is no way to clear the 5 attempts. It is what is known as "hard locked" now and will need to be unlocked using a cable solution. I can help you out if you PM me your contact details. What kind of shops did he go to with it???? Anybody unlocking phones professionaly should have been able to sort it.
    The 6610i will work no problem in Canada anyway as it supports the 1900 band and that is used in Canada by both Fido & Rogers networks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement