Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UNLOCKING Qs? - *Only* post in this thread.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Can the 6630 be unlocked, if so, how

kinkstr wrote:
    Can the 6630 be unlocked, if so, how
    Afraid not mate. Only by requesting an unlock code from Vodafone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Cheers Mate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭philtaylor

Can my Nokia 6680 be unlocked or does it have this new Nokia Security on it . I presume checking around that it can not be unlocked remotely . Is there away of unlocking it with a cable as the phone runs on Series 60 .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

Hi
    The 6630 or the 6680 cannot be unlocked yet, either remotely or using cable.
    They belong to a new group of Nokia phones called BB5, which has taken over from the DCT4 group

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭philtaylor

Cheers Wolfman for the fast reply, . Just look over the subject Can I chance my arm and ring up Vodafone and get the code as I am an existing customer who as topped up in excess of the 200 euro

Yeah. They will definitely give you the code if you have spent that much with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 walid89

Anyone know where i can get an unlock code for the siemens cfx65?

I have been looking everywhere!!!

CFX65 are practically impossible to unlock. Doubt if you will get anyone in Ireland with the quipment to do it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 lainey bo

hey just wonderin if you would be able to unlock my siemens c65 please????

IMEI no.353663005406861*#06#
    lock to 02.
    thank you very much.
    lainey bo x x x x x

• Advertisement

Siemens C65 cannot be unlocked remotely by IMEI.
    Only using special software and cables.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 lainey bo

heip i neeed to unlock my phone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭D_Money5042000

A nokia 6230 is DCT3 right? I have no idea what a DCT is

@lainey_bo
    Where are you based?

@D_Money5042000
    6230 is DCT4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭D_Money5042000

ok how about a nokia 3220?

yeah, dct4 also. most of the modern phones are all DCT4....the dct3 were the old 3310's etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kasintahan

Anyone know the GEN (aka BoxSN) code for Meteor (new 3100)?

The 3100 is a DCT4 phone so I need the GEN code to generate the unlock string. It will be a 5 digit code like 32821 or some such.

The mother in a fit of paranoia completely destroyed all codes on the packaging before putting it for recycling. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

>>Can the 6630 be unlocked, if so, how

>Afraid not mate. Only by requesting an unlock code from Vodafone.

I'm about to buy a 6630 (RTG "upgrade") I spent a continuous fortune on my RTG, do they still give you the unlock code for free if you spent such a fortune?

(I'm assuming that the 6630 will unlock on a code, and that it isin't a cable only unlock)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

hi guys my friend just bought a 6680 from uk but its locked(donot know what network)
    does anyone know where it can be unlocked from the net.
    thanks in advance

Hi
    The 6680 cannot be unlocket yet along with the 6630
    The only way possible at the moment is to get it from the network itself and usually, this has to be either purchased or requires a top-up of anything from 125 euro to 200!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Is it a big job to flash a nokia 6630 to remove vodafones sofware? Does flashing it remove the SIM locks?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

for quick relief of having to look at the Vodafone banding, if you haven't already, you can use the default Nokia theme rather than the Vodafone one, and swap out the default live! button on the standby screen...

replacing the actual handset software with a default Nokia one can be done, ask wolfman

fyi, unlocking is discussed in the: Mobile Unlocking - the *ONLY* place to post thread, with your specific question answered in this post

Cheers Brian

@Bond-007
    Flashing the phone will not remove simlocks unfortunately. Like Brian said, a quick fix for the debranding is to switch the theme to Nokia and change the button, but flashing will enable a couple of different things. the main one people look for, is the ability to use MP3 tones as ringtones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭setanta5

Hi,

i have two phones to unlock and am wondering if anyone can help me out. One is a 6100 on Meteor the other a t630 on O2. Both have since been upgraded and just want to give the phones on to someone who may use them.

Can anybody help? are there any shops that do it?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

setanta5 wrote:
    Hi,

i have two phones to unlock and am wondering if anyone can help me out. One is a 6100 on Meteor the other a t630 on O2. Both have since been upgraded and just want to give the phones on to someone who may use them.

Can anybody help? are there any shops that do it?

Thanks

Yes can do both, where are you located?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭Chris P Duck

I have just got my Nokia 6630 unlocked. I contacted vodafone and they gave me the code. My question is what is the advantage of having your phone unlocked other than been able to use sim cards belonging to other networks. I still cant set mp3s as ringtones.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

anyone know if a sharp gx 25 can be unlocked using remote codes? ive searched about and heard 'yes' and 'no' :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Just got a Sharp GX10 from a mate. Can this be unlocked to accept O2? Its a Vodafone phone but my 6600 also had Vodafone printed on it and that was fairly easy to unlock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

eirebhoy wrote:
    Just got a Sharp GX10 from a mate. Can this be unlocked to accept O2? Its a Vodafone phone but my 6600 also had Vodafone printed on it and that was fairly easy to unlock.

Can be easily unlocked, but only via cable.

If you are in South Dublin or Wicklow can do it for you

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

skearon wrote:
    Can be easily unlocked, but only via cable.

If you are in South Dublin or Wicklow can do it for you
    Well I'm in Dublin city centre and haven't got a car so don't think I'd get to Wicklow. Thanks for the offer anyway.

I heard that if you spent over a certain amount on credit that you can get the phone unlocked by Vodafone. My mate would have spent hundreds on credit so is there any way Vodafone will unlock it?

Cheers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement