Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UNLOCKING Qs? - *Only* post in this thread.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭dcarroll

Bond-007 wrote:
    Is it a big job to flash a nokia 6630 to remove vodafones sofware? Does flashing it remove the SIM locks?
    have the same question, and will an ordinary sim card (o2 speakeasy) work in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

Bond-007 wrote:
    Is it a big job to flash a nokia 6630 to remove vodafones sofware? Does flashing it remove the SIM locks?
    dcarroll wrote:
    have the same question, and will an ordinary sim card (o2 speakeasy) work in it?

The mobile phone repair company will flash it for free for you (assumings its not more than 12 months old, which would be hard for a 6630 :-) ). The latest firmware is generic

Flashing does not remove simlock

Once it is unlocked any SIM should work in it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

If MPRC won't flash with the generic flash, give me a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭MrAbc

Question for the experts.....
    I've seen several "job lots" of [admittedly naff sounding] mobiles on eBay [all probably knackered and/or butchered for repairs :-)], but assuming that the odd one in the bin were good: what's the story about unlocking a phone about which you know nothing... such as what network it happens to be locked on??!!

From what I've read, unlocking codes are generated on the basis of knowing which network lock is in place... so, are there ways to find out the details from cold? so that any unlocking can be done in the regular fashion?

Appreciate any advice... [best advice is prob forget the "bargains" and spend the mualah on something with a known history, but, as they say, curiousity killed the cat ;-)]

Cheers :)

MrAbc wrote:
    Question for the experts.....
    I've seen several "job lots" of [admittedly naff sounding] mobiles on eBay [all probably knackered and/or butchered for repairs :-)], but assuming that the odd one in the bin were good: what's the story about unlocking a phone about which you know nothing... such as what network it happens to be locked on??!!

From what I've read, unlocking codes are generated on the basis of knowing which network lock is in place... so, are there ways to find out the details from cold? so that any unlocking can be done in the regular fashion?

Appreciate any advice... [best advice is prob forget the "bargains" and spend the mualah on something with a known history, but, as they say, curiousity killed the cat ;-)]

Cheers :)

Simple answer is yes, however this requires a cable solution and an unlocking box such as Griffin, Twister, JAG etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭MrAbc

Thanks for that skearon... confirms my suspicions :) Money,money,money!

I've put myself off the cheap stuff again... but I do get tempted by the almost-for-nothing, not-exactly-guaranteed-junk items on eBay... maybe there's some kind of support group for it LOL [BargainHuntersAnonymous anyone?]

I enquired from one seller whether they would know if the phones were locked and to which network.... they said they wouldn't know. Nuff said :)

You'll generally find with most of that stuff, that if it was any good in the first place, they would have done something with it. Thats not to say there are no bargains available, but you need to be careful.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,193 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

lads does anybody know if you get a mobile phone in Austraila will it work here in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Irishstabber

I have a Motorola V525(bill)...its unlocked but I need a subsidy password. Anyone know how to get it without calling the service provider?

lads does anybody know if you get a mobile phone in Austraila will it work here in Ireland
    If you mean frequency etc, yes it will, but it might be locked to an Australian network and need unlocking.

• Advertisement

I have a Motorola V525(bill)...its unlocked but I need a subsidy password. Anyone know how to get it without calling the service provider?
    If its unlocked, you dont need the subsidy password???
    Thats what the subsidy password is for!! It unlocks the phone to use it on all networks. if you have spent over 120 euro on credit, the network should give it to you, if not, you need to get it unlocked using hardware

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Irishstabber

well I kinda tried 3 times or so the password and now im locked out :( ...can anything be done now?....I might want to put a German sim into it.

If its unlocked it wouldn't ask for a subsidy password.

I can unlock it for me, PM me your details

• Registered Users Posts: 6 archie_BD

wolfman wrote:
    I'm not sure who's in Galway, but I have seen a few guys mention somebody here on Boards before?

Other than that, you can buy a cable and an unlocking/debranding credit and do it using a remote server yourself, or I can sort you out, but I'm not in Galway.

As for remote codes, you cant get codes for Sony Ericssons, except from the network and they want you to spend 120 or 130 euro on credit first :(

I just got a K500i from Meteor and i'm looking to unlock it, i'm in Dublin. Does anyone know a good place to go? Would it be cheaper to buy the cable and do it myself?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭ikomj

Can you suggest anyone in Ireland who can unlock Siemens SX56? I presume it needs both codes and a special data cable?
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭ikomj

To add to above - is there someone who can unlock Siemens A57?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

guys anyone know how to get a nokia 6680 unlocked. i gave it to a guy in nokia and he said not yet.
    so if anyone can help me out that would be great
    thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 20,030 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

not possible atm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭freer

i bought a nokia 6630 a few months back and have been looking for the unlocking code for a while, so if anyone has the code please post it here thanks. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

Does anyone know whether the 6230i can be unlocked?

Would it use the same code as for a 6230?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,621 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I have got a SE k750i now so i have no need for my sagem myx5-2, want to sell it on to a good home. Anyone know what the sriteria are for getting your phone unlocked for free by meteor. I have had the phone over a year now, and hav easily spent around €400/€500 in credit on it. will they unlock it for free? do i need to bring anything with me when i go to get it unlocked?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭ross_castle

need to get my panasonic x300 unlocked. it locked to virgin Uk and the Imei is 354049001359214

• Registered Users Posts: 9,215 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I need a Sony Erricson T630 unlocked, anyone willing to do this and if so, how much?

Achilles wrote:
    I need a Sony Erricson T630 unlocked, anyone willing to do this and if so, how much?

Yes, €20 normally, €15 for board members

skearon wrote:
    Yes, €20 normally, €15 for board members
    Ok cool gonna see if she can get the unlock code from O2 first and if not it's a deal ok?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭aersat

Just to let you know that you have to insert the sim card for the network you want to use the phone on before entering your unlock code.

Get your code from www.nokiafreeunlock.com ,select your country and it`s totally free.

Aersat

...It's not a Nokia and as has been said before ONLY the code from your network on a Sony Erricson will work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

Can a nokia 6680 be unlocked! I need a quick answer to this.. Thanks in advance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭aersat

Galwaydude

The 6680 can be unlocked by code but only by your operator.

The third party code calculators have not cracked it yet,but I am sure they will in the future.

Aersat. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

so if want one with meteor bill pay it can be unlocked? I curently have the 6230!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement