Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UNLOCKING Qs? - *Only* post in this thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

I've got an xdaii.. Can they be unlocked?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭techie_2006

Wez wrote:
    Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

Can it be done for free? Any links?

Wez wrote:
    Can it be done for free? Any links?
    Afraid not, not all unlocking is free.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,916 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

Wez wrote:

Yes

PM me your email address and I will send you program to do it

Burke wrote:
    can u unlock a sharp gx10i by code?

Your network provider may be able to give you a code, otherwise a cable and special software is required. If you are in Wicklow or Dublin can do it for you

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

This post has been deleted.

i got mine unlocked by vodafone themselves. don't listen to their "it'll take a week to get the code" sh*t

unlocking just lets you put non voda sim cards in. it doesn't affect the memory. of course if you've saved all your contacts to the sim and then change the sim you'll lose them. copy them to the phone memory before switching sims

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Irish-trucker

hi ,

Will a locked phone in england work in ireland on any network ?

Thanks
    J

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

No Irish-trucker it won't. If your phone is network locked it will only work for the network it is locked to.

If you get an English phone unlocked though, it should work on Irish networks.

• Advertisement

hi ,

Will a locked phone in england work in ireland on any network ?

Thanks
    J

It will work via roaming, if you have a SIM inserted from the network provider to which the phone is locked to, it will roam in Ireland.

But if you wish to put an Irish SIM into the phone it won't unless it is unlocked, do you know the phone's make and model and the network it is locked to?

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭kazaam

nokia 6610i locked to o2

just get the message cannot undo restriction, tried all codes i cud find and got the same response each time... can any1 get me some working codes?

kazaam wrote:
    nokia 6610i locked to o2

just get the message cannot undo restriction, tried all codes i cud find and got the same response each time... can any1 get me some working codes?
    cannot undo restriction means it's hardlocked now, I can unlock by cable it for you if you want?

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭kazaam

where in dublin are you? and where can i buy a cable?

kazaam wrote:
    I'm in Tallaght, I can meet up with ya now if your stuck? You need cable & software, no cheap, it would be cheaper to get it unlocked.

kazaam wrote:
    Forgot to add: You'd need a box also and it would cost WAY too much for one phone, ya cant do Nokias with just s/w any more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭brian crackout

hi guys, anyone know how to unblock a motorola v980? id appreciate any advice on this please

hi guys, anyone know how to unblock a motorola v980? id appreciate any advice on this please

Unblocking is illegal. But you might mean unlock? If so I can do them.

unlocking, thats what i mean. its a motorola v980 on the vodafone network

unlocking, thats what i mean. its a motorola v980 on the vodafone network
    Yeah ok, I can unlock it. I'm in Dublin. pm me if ya want me to do it.

• Advertisement

Yeah ok, I can unlock it. I'm in Dublin. pm me if ya want me to do it.

how is it done? by cable? or is it just a matter of sending on my IMEI code?
    how much is it gonna cost me?

how is it done? by cable? or is it just a matter of sending on my IMEI code?
    how much is it gonna cost me?

It's done with cable and unlocking equipment, I'd have to remove the RSA protection too.

oh right, its just that im nowhere near dublin so meeting up is not really an option.so that means theres no way i could just do it by getting a code 4rm a code generator?.

oh right, its just that im nowhere near dublin so meeting up is not really an option.so that means theres no way i could just do it by getting a code 4rm a code generator?.

There's no code generator for Motorola, only Vodafone will give you the unlock code when you spend €127 on your account. Where do you live?

There's no code generator for Motorola, only Vodafone will give you the unlock code when you spend €127 on your account. Where do you live?

i live in galway. F**k it, i may look into gettin vodafone to do it for me so. i'd say ive spent that amount 5 times over by now! thanx 4 your help dude

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Shigsy

Ive a Nokia 6680 locked to Vodafone UK. I rang Vodafone IRL to get them to unlock it so i could use my Vodafone IRL (or better still, my O2 IRL) sim in it, but they said they cant unlock UK handsets, because only Vodafone UK would have the unlock code for that.
    So i rang Vodafone UK and they said they have an unlock code for it, but they couldnt unlock it for me because i dont have a Vodafone UK sim card to charge the unlock fee of 19.99 to. I told them i have a Vodafone IRL sim card but apparently thats no use to them. So they want me to send a cheque to Vodafone UK, along with a copy of the receipt for the phone. But i dont have a receipt for the phone because someone in England bought the phone and sent it to me, and they no longer have the receipt. Vodafone UK have told me to ring Nokia and see if they can help me so im goign to ring them in a few mins, but i cant see them helping to be honest.
    So basically im stuck, with no way to unlock the phone :mad: Any ideas?

Shigsy wrote:
    Ive a Nokia 6680 locked to Vodafone UK. I rang Vodafone IRL to get them to unlock it so i could use my Vodafone IRL (or better still, my O2 IRL) sim in it, but they said they cant unlock UK handsets, because only Vodafone UK would have the unlock code for that.
    So i rang Vodafone UK and they said they have an unlock code for it, but they couldnt unlock it for me because i dont have a Vodafone UK sim card to charge the unlock fee of 19.99 to. I told them i have a Vodafone IRL sim card but apparently thats no use to them. So they want me to send a cheque to Vodafone UK, along with a copy of the receipt for the phone. But i dont have a receipt for the phone because someone in England bought the phone and sent it to me, and they no longer have the receipt. Vodafone UK have told me to ring Nokia and see if they can help me so im goign to ring them in a few mins, but i cant see them helping to be honest.
    So basically im stuck, with no way to unlock the phone :mad: Any ideas?
    Just ring Vodafone Ire everyday and torment them to give you the code.

Just ring Vodafone Ire everyday and torment them to give you the code.

But she told me that Vodafone IRL dont have unlock codes for the phone, cause its a UK phone. So only Vodafone UK would have them. Was she talking rubbish or what?

Shigsy wrote:
    But she told me that Vodafone IRL dont have unlock codes for the phone, cause its a UK phone. So only Vodafone UK would have them. Was she talking rubbish or what?
    Ask to speak to the supervisor, just keep at them. Tell them to get you the code or even ask them can if they get it for you via Vodafone UK.

• Advertisement

All they need to unlock it is my IMIE number so does anyone here at all have a Vodafone UK phone number? Because all the need that phone number for is the check that you've spent a certain amount on their network, so anyone know a Vodafone UK number thats been active a while, a year or so?

EDITED: Forget what i said above, looks like Vodafone are helping me out (after about 4hrs of phone calls!) so ill let u all know how i get on with unlocking my Nokia 6680 from the Vodafone UK network.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement