Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UNLOCKING Qs? - *Only* post in this thread.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 theislander

can some one please help me i live on a small island and miles from anywhere to get my phone unlocked

imei= 351681001425596
    vodafone (uk)
    sharp gx10i

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭techie_2006

Has to be done by cable mate, I'm in Dublin & can do it if you want.

/ps you might wanna remove your email addy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 theislander

cheers techie for the advice on the email.

i need to get a cable anyway for my photos, was hoping it could be done before i go away travelling without the cable, but its ok

thanks again :)

Well when I said cable I mean you'll need special software/equipment too.

Hope you get it sorted. :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

I folks where would I get a link to the software to unlock phones, Im in the states at the moment and I cant get a phone unlocked and I need to use my vodafone over here , I have tried the nokiafx site but the code does not work so I think I will get a cable and try it from the laptop

Cheers Declan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Irishstabber

Does anyone know how I would get my SonyEricsson v600i unlocked?
    Is there software or somewhere in Dublin city to get it done. I cant pay anyone over the net for lack of paypal.
    Thanks.

@the Guru - What phone is it?

@Irishstabber - I can unlock the V600i, I'm in Tallaght.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Irishstabber

Ok could you send me the details of where in tallaght and i'll drop over asap:)

Edit: and what price are we looking at?

Ok could you send me the details of where in tallaght and i'll drop over asap:)

Edit: and what price are we looking at?
    pm sent :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

Hi Techie its a nokia 6010 T - Mobile , US Network
    Cheers

• Advertisement

the Guru wrote:

Hi Techie its a nokia 6010 T - Mobile , US Network
    Cheers
    Ok grand that should be a 6010 (NPM-10) yeah? NPM-10 is the phone type you can see this if you press *#0000#. Will you pm me the IMEI number, press *#06#. Also have you tried any code on it already?

Model: Nokia (DCT4 )
    IMEI: *****************
    Network: 31020000

#pw+145 344 175 325 141+1#
    #pw+749 100 672 713 507+5#
    #pw+989 342 417 745 344+7#

How to enter the code;

EXAMPLE: #pw+123456789000000+7#

Start with # (hash).
    To access p press star * (star) on your keypad three times within one second.
    To access w press star * (star) on your keypad four times within one second.
    To access + press star * (star) on your keypad twice within one second.
    Then enter the numbers, (no spaces).
    To access + press star * (star) on your keypad twice within one second.
    Then enter the last number and then press the # (hash) key.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I am looking for an unlock code for a Nokia 6021 (RM94)
    locked to Vodaphone.
    can anyone help?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Patrick Murphy

CJhaughey wrote:
    I am looking for an unlock code for a Nokia 6021 (RM94)
    locked to Vodaphone.
    can anyone help?
    Yep, pm me the details.

I can't your PM or my PM doesn't work

Model: Nokia (DCT4 )
    IMEI: ****************
    Network: 27201000

#pw+823 531 043 155 052+1#
    #pw+085 703 203 327 125+5#
    #pw+992 722 315 037 242+7#

Class! Thanks a million.

You unlock it already?

You unlock it already?
    Yep

Cool. :-)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Can anyone tell me, whats the deal with a 3 Ireland Nokia 6680 phone being unlocked.

I phoned 3 and they told me they won't even unlock it after the 12 month contract is up.(that can't be right can it?)......can anyone here do it or whats the story?

Cabaal wrote:
    Can anyone tell me, whats the deal with a 3 Ireland Nokia 6680 phone being unlocked.

I phoned 3 and they told me they won't even unlock it after the 12 month contract is up.(that can't be right can it?)......can anyone here do it or whats the story?
    Yeah, it seems 3 are causing lots of hassle if you want your 6630/6680 unlocked. They can't be unlocked, only the network(s) has access to the unlock code.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Yeah, it seems 3 are causing lots of hassle if you want your 6630/6680 unlocked. They can't be unlocked, only the network(s) has access to the unlock code.

But surely its not right that they won't allow a customer who's out of their contract to own their phone (unlocked)?

Its certainly a turn off if I buy a Nokia 6680 and 12 months down the line I move to Meteor or whatever all I can do is through the phone in the bin or sell it to somebody who wants 3.

Although I could be wrong, don't Vodafone, O2 & Meteor allow customers to unlock their phones after set periods/amounts of credit used?

Cabaal wrote:
    But surely its not right that they won't allow a customer who's out of their contract to own their phone (unlocked)?

Its certainly a turn off if I buy a Nokia 6680 and 12 months down the line I move to Meteor or whatever all I can do is through the phone in the bin or sell it to somebody who wants 3.

Although I could be wrong, don't Vodafone, O2 & Meteor allow customers to unlock their phones after set periods/amounts of credit used?

Yeah that's true, I must ask them and see what the story is. As you say "Vodafone, O2 & Meteor allow customers to unlock their phones after set periods/amounts of credit used" on Vodafone it's €127.

Yeah that's true, I must ask them and see what the story is.

I phoned 3 this evening and they told me they won't unlock it,
    I've since e-mailed them askign them the same question as the agent on the phone did'ent know and had to go off and ask somebody...you'd think they'd be asked this alot?

I'd say they get 100+ calls a day asking. Bad customer support if you ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Anyone tell me how easily get a Motorola V220 unlocked from the O2 network?

Bard wrote:
    Anyone tell me how easily get a Motorola V220 unlocked from the O2 network?
    Very easy with the right equipment ;)...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Very easy with the right equipment ;)...

I got your PM but wasn't able to reply to it as, all of a sudden, the site is telling me that you've either chosen not to receive PM's or are unable to. Anyway - no, I'm not going to travel to Tallaght (I'm in Dundalk), and no, I wasn't planning on paying €15 for the 'service' of having my phone unlocked.

I have the phone hooked up to my PC via USB, - it's being detected fine. All I need is the right software, I presume...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Patrick 123

Bard wrote:
    I got your PM but wasn't able to reply to it as, all of a sudden, the site is telling me that you've either chosen not to receive PM's or are unable to. Anyway - no, I'm not going to travel to Tallaght (I'm in Dundalk), and no, I wasn't planning on paying €15 for the 'service' of having my phone unlocked.

I have the phone hooked up to my PC via USB, - it's being detected fine. All I need is the right software, I presume...

Good luck finding it. ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement