Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UNLOCKING Qs? - *Only* post in this thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

2142 wrote:
    I bought a phone off ebay. When I tried to unlock it it said that the phone was restricted. Is there any way of unlocking it now. I heard you can do it via a cable of some sort

what type of phone? how many times did you try to unlock it? what did you use?

you can unlock phones via cable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭2142

It is a Nokia 6101. I used Nokiafreeunlock.com. Tried once and it told me it was restricted. I can only assume that the person who owned it before me had tried unlocking it before I got it. Do you know of anywhere that can do it by cable. Im in Dundalk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭tabatha

anyone??? a motorola v3 razor unlocking code???

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭BANZAI_RUNNER

can anyone help me , i have a Blackberry 7520 locked to Nextel , has anyone any idea if i can unlock it??????? thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

2142 wrote:
    It is a Nokia 6101. I used Nokiafreeunlock.com. Tried once and it told me it was restricted. I can only assume that the person who owned it before me had tried unlocking it before I got it. Do you know of anywhere that can do it by cable. Im in Dundalk

afaik it says restricted when its locked. it says something else when you've used up your tries. i could be wrong though. pm wolfman. he can unlock a 6101

• Advertisement

I'm buying a Nokia 7110 from the UK and its locked to the Orange network .....how can I unlock this, if its possible at all .....cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

I'm buying a Nokia 7110 from the UK and its locked to the Orange network .....how can I unlock this, if its possible at all .....cheers!

Quiet easily, just need IMEI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 AliSmith

I'm trying to unlock my wife's Siemens C45, which is locked to Orange at the moment. From what I'd found out so far, I needed a data cable, so I bought one on eBay, which arrived this morning.:) But seeing other posts, I wonder whether it's the correct one:confused:

The 9-pin D-type connector for the PC end of things says 'Siemens for/pour/fur RS-232' and the phone end says 'N6' on the side and has all 12 pins present. Is this the correct cable?

I've downloaded some free software which says it can unlock the phone with a cable, but it doesn't seem to be able to find the phone - or at least it says it's waiting for the phone to be powered on, then after ten seconds or so it says 'phone is not powered on':( I;ve tried both leaving the phone off, and powering it on during this 10 second wait, but it seems to make no difference. The software is from modifications.net.

Anybody got any ideas they can offer? Or anybody know other (hopefully free) software which will definitely work?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Ok guys is there any you can unlock my samsung zv10.

My imei no: 35715800023831/6

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭mrmrbungle

Help!!!!! I just got a nokia 6030 and it's locked to o2, tried to unlock it and used up all my tries. is there anyone who has the cable to unlock it and is willing to help? Thx in advance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

I got a unlocked sharp 902 i used an o2 sim in it and i could not recieve calls bought a vodaphone sim 2day and worked fine tried 2 o2 sims and didnt work

Any1 know why

I got a unlocked sharp 902 i used an o2 sim in it and i could not recieve calls bought a vodaphone sim 2day and worked fine tried 2 o2 sims and didnt work

Any1 know why

It could be the O2 SIM is picking up O2's 3G network, but as this hasn't been launched yet wont allow you to make calls?

There should be an option to use GSM only, try that

tabatha wrote:
    anyone??? a motorola v3 razor unlocking code???

Codes only from network operator, otherwise you need special unlocking clip

• Subscribers Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

any help on an unlock code for the vk530?
    brother got it for gf for christmas and vodafone
    won't unlock it unless they spend 130?

if not free, safe and reliable method? uk site offering unlock
    code by email for €20 - anyone have a reference for someone
    reliable?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 trueshoe

I've bought a phone while studying in Ireland and would like to use it at home now.

Nokia 1101
    Meteor
    IMEI: 357583003509456

Thanks in advance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭ogy

hi, not very experienced with phones but used messing with changing firmware on mp3s, messing with computers etc. a few questions:)

1) sure this is being asked a lot but how exactly do you unblock motorola v3 to switch to vodafone (pink!)? previous post mentioned unblocking chip is the only way, how does one go about obtaining such a thing and does it involve opening up the phone/soldering anything like that?

2) what kind of leads needed to unblock? usb that came with phone? or where can you buy whats needed, vaguely remember years ago reading about Mr Calculator off grafton selling them?

3) person in vodafone shop told my girlf that if you unblock a phone you can lose features, eg camera, can these be restored by flashing the phone? or is this just company waffle to discourage people from unblocking. I've read on another post flashing can actually release more features e.g. video recording on v3, why do networks restrict such features? just being fvckers?

4) any major dangers with unblocking and flashing phones, assuming you take your time and do it properly, apart from just losing messages and pictures etc.

5)whats the legal story, assuming theres no problems as we can talk about it on boards, so i guess its not illegal or in violation of contract or anythng to unblock phones. Is there no onus on your network to unblock your phone on request after a certain amount of time or after a certain amount of credit has been spent?

6) if flashing and unblocking is succesful would there be any problems getting the required settings from new network to make mms etc work?

Appreciate any help (in case you didn't notice total noob)

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,267 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Looking to unlock a SOny Ericsson F500i

Currently on vodafone (ready to go) looking to put an 02 SIM in it

All help greatly appreciated

ogy wrote:
    hi, not very experienced with phones but used messing with changing firmware on mp3s, messing with computers etc. a few questions:)

1) sure this is being asked a lot but how exactly do you unblock motorola v3 to switch to vodafone (pink!)? previous post mentioned unblocking chip is the only way, how does one go about obtaining such a thing and does it involve opening up the phone/soldering anything like that?

2) what kind of leads needed to unblock? usb that came with phone? or where can you buy whats needed, vaguely remember years ago reading about Mr Calculator off grafton selling them?

3) person in vodafone shop told my girlf that if you unblock a phone you can lose features, eg camera, can these be restored by flashing the phone? or is this just company waffle to discourage people from unblocking. I've read on another post flashing can actually release more features e.g. video recording on v3, why do networks restrict such features? just being fvckers?

4) any major dangers with unblocking and flashing phones, assuming you take your time and do it properly, apart from just losing messages and pictures etc.

5)whats the legal story, assuming theres no problems as we can talk about it on boards, so i guess its not illegal or in violation of contract or anythng to unblock phones. Is there no onus on your network to unblock your phone on request after a certain amount of time or after a certain amount of credit has been spent?

6) if flashing and unblocking is succesful would there be any problems getting the required settings from new network to make mms etc work?

Appreciate any help (in case you didn't notice total noob)

Thanks

1 - Cost approx €250, some phones require opening and connecting a lead to a test point

2 - Leads come with clip

3 - Dont believe that to be true! In fact flashing with generic firmware normally removes restrictions placed by the operator

4 - No, not with proper equipment

5 - Unlocking (i.e. removing SIM restriction) is legal, unblocking (changing IMEI) is not legal in most countries

6 - No, most operators or sites like Nokia, Sony, Motorola will send the settings to you phone

To unlock V3 quickly your best bet is to find someone with a clip and get them to do it, if you live in Wicklow or Dublin I can do it for you

Dodge wrote:
    Looking to unlock a SOny Ericsson F500i

Currently on vodafone (ready to go) looking to put an 02 SIM in it

All help greatly appreciated

You need software and unlocking cable, where are u based?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,267 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

skearon wrote:
    You need software and unlocking cable, where are u based?
    Dublin...

• Advertisement

trueshoe wrote:
    I've bought a phone while studying in Ireland and would like to use it at home now.

Nokia 1101
    Meteor
    IMEI: 357583003509456

Thanks in advance :)

Try

#pw+099 443 714 735 252+1#

or

#pw+119 404 635 745 211+7#

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Klausbatb

i have a UK Nokia 7610 locked to O2 UK but i want to use my O2 irl sim card in it while im home and ive tried a few unlock codes and they didnt work.

anyone have any ideas for me or codes that they know work for the 7610.

as i said ive tried a few codes.. if you try too many unsuccessfully does it block your phone or anything cause im a bit warey about trying anymore

Klausbatb wrote:
    i have a UK Nokia 7610 locked to O2 UK but i want to use my O2 irl sim card in it while im home and ive tried a few unlock codes and they didnt work.

anyone have any ideas for me or codes that they know work for the 7610.

as i said ive tried a few codes.. if you try too many unsuccessfully does it block your phone or anything cause im a bit warey about trying anymore

Incorrect codes wont block the phone, i.e. you can still use it, however it means it can only be unlocked via cable.

If you send me the IMEI I will send you codes that work, however if too many incorrect codes are entered you will need to get it professionally unlocked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 nattu

Guys...try the below, it worked for Nokia phone unlock..it's free and remote unlock.

http://www.nokiafreeunlock.com/unlocking/iniciar_pedido.asp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 =ABE=

hey guys can any1 help me with

samsung sgh-d600e
    on orange

links or direct unlock would be sweet ive no hair left 2day nothings working
    ive tryed the e2p full reset when it reboots and it should be unlocked but it asks 4 the network lock all the time! am puzzled ?

hope uz can help me out

cheers

WDK wrote:
    Ok guys is there any you can unlock my samsung zv10.

My imei no: 35715800023831/6

This works for other Z series, hopefully with work with yours:

Power on ur phone
    Enter this Code *7465625*28782# without Sim Card
    The phone Show you message of protected actived Click Ok
    Enter this Code *7465625*28638# without Sim Card also
    Now put ur Sim card and let me know :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

Anyone able to do a cable unlock for a nokia 6610i for free (or really really cheap :p)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 shaneo3

i have a sony ericsson f500i, it is on vodafone and the imei number is 35422400-519516-7-09. can anyone give an unlocking code for this because i have been finding it hard getting one:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭woody

If anyone needs the following unlocked give me a shout:

1.) XDA IIi

2.) XDA IIs

3.) XDA II

4.) XDA

or there similar models unlocked give me a shout:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

skearon wrote:
    This works for other Z series, hopefully with work with yours:

Power on ur phone
    Enter this Code *7465625*28782# without Sim Card
    The phone Show you message of protected actived Click Ok
    Enter this Code *7465625*28638# without Sim Card also
    Now put ur Sim card and let me know :-)
    Thanks man but unfortunatley it doesnt work. :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement