Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UNLOCKING Qs? - *Only* post in this thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

smashey wrote:
    Thanks Commander. Before I try this, should I keep the sim-card out?

ye, sometimes i've seen phones that are meant to be unlocked with the card in but in that situation, when you put in the code without a sim card nothing happens so you won't use up a try

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

irishboy21 wrote:
    Ah right, so because it was free means it's the right code?

Makes sense.

€100 says that if Smithers uses the code "Code Error" will show on the phone.

So there :p

If I was a betting man, I would have lost €100. I am sorry Irishboy, but you were right. Thanks for pointing that out to me. The website that I use to unlock phones, has the 6230 listed in one section, but then underneath it says that the service cannot unlock it. So you were right and I was wrong:( . Fair play to you for spotting this out;) .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭irishboy21

If I was a betting man, I would have lost €100. I am sorry Irishboy, but you were right. Thanks for pointing that out to me. The website that I use to unlock phones, has the 6230 listed in one section, but then underneath it says that the service cannot unlock it. So you were right and I was wrong:( . Fair play to you for spotting this out;) .
    No problem, friends? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

@ DonnybrookGhost
    What website is this out of interest ?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

try the code below but only if its different to the ones you entered last night. virgin uk might have some different setting that i don't know about. only try it once because you only get five tries and then it can't be unlocked by a code again. some phones only give you 3 tries but if the 1100 is one of them there's no harm entering my code because the phone would already be hard locked.

#pw+787 150 306 523 164+7#

Tried it and got "not allowed" on the screen. Also tried no. 1 and got code error.:(

• Advertisement

not allowed sounds like its been hard-locked, i.e. you're out of tries. it'll have to be unlocked by a cable but thats generally not free and you have to wonder if an 1100 is worth it. ask around here if someone will do it for you

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

No problem. The 1100 is an old northern pre-pay I had. Living so close to the border I have two mobiles, one is a bill-pay from O2 in the Republic and the other is a pre-pay from the North for making calls to Strabane/Derry/Belfast to keep my bill down. I wanted to unlock it so my fiancee (who is from the North) could put a Southern sim-card in it.

Thanks for the advice,

smashey wrote:
    No problem. The 1100 is an old northern pre-pay I had. Living so close to the border I have two mobiles, one is a bill-pay from O2 in the Republic and the other is a pre-pay from the North for making calls to Strabane/Derry/Belfast to keep my bill down. I wanted to unlock it so my fiancee (who is from the North) could put a Southern sim-card in it.

Thanks for the advice,

o2 have abolished roaming charges to the north and the uk. i think its the same if you call there from here but i might be wrong. ring them and ask

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

forgot about me??
    Misticles wrote:
    would u be able to unlock this fone? vk530..the little pink one
    imei:35354600363624/3
    locked to vodafone
    thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭drrnwbb

irishboy21 wrote:
    Cannot undo restriction means it's hard locked now. Are you in Dublin drrnwbb? I can recommend someone to unlock it for you.

nope, im in helsinki. none of the phones sold in finland are locked (its illegal to as far as i remember - also phone prices arent subsidised) so i dont think there isnt much in the way of unlocking done up here. i'll have a look around. cheers for the help though.

• Advertisement

Misticles wrote:
    forgot about me??
    would u be able to unlock this fone? vk530..the little pink one
    imei:35354600363624/3
    locked to vodafone
    thanks

fraid there's no calculator for that. there's a shop in blanchardstown that can do it but they charge e20. its called duffy's tv service. if you're in the area give them a ring on 018207374

this guy charges €10 to unlock it -

didn't people associated with that site get banned from boards for being dodgy? and aren't you the same person who got banned, joining again so you can pimp the dodgy website again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 tq

Can anyone tell me if i bought a Nokia n70 locked to Vodafine UK, would it work with my irish vodafone simcard?

tq wrote:
    Can anyone tell me if i bought a Nokia n70 locked to Vodafine UK, would it work with my irish vodafone simcard?
    no

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

hiya,
    can anyone give me a code for a sony ericsson s700i?

Its sim unlocked already,

but ive forgotten the Phone unlock code...

Can anyone help?

Cheers

rsta wrote:
    hiya,
    can anyone give me a code for a sony ericsson s700i?

Its sim unlocked already,

but ive forgotten the Phone unlock code...

Can anyone help?

Cheers

the phone unlock code is separate to the sim lock. there's probably a way to reset it to a default. check the SE website or the manual

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭pgodkin

hi guys anyway to unlock a nokia 6021 from 02 lookin to use a vodafone sim

i tryed one of those key genators and made an hash of it, now the phone is tellin me its blocked

and can anyone tellme where is the proper imei no on it cant see it anywhere?

philip

pgodkin - Type *#06# and you'll get a 15 digit number on screen. This is your IMEI. Alternatively, it's under the battery - usually next to where it says the model of the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

the phone unlock code is separate to the sim lock. there's probably a way to reset it to a default. check the SE website or the manual

Ok, Ilgive that a go, cheers :)

I don't think it can be reset on a Sony Ericsson without a special cable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Need a w800I unlocked, anyone?

thanks

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

KdjaC wrote:
    Need a w800I unlocked, anyone?

thanks

kdjac

BUMP can anyone help . extra kudos if anyone can!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Got in unlocked in ******** this morning,took all of 5 minutes, im happy now.

Odd why is phone expo blanked out?

kdjac

They've been banned from boards.ie for "spamming" I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

KdjaC wrote:
    Got in unlocked in ******** this morning,took all of 5 minutes, im happy now.

Odd why is phone expo blanked out?

kdjac

Did ******** pm you about this?
    It's banned on boards. Keeps reappearing every few days, never gives up unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭N90user

Siemens C65

O2

IMEI 35-3663-00-143098-0

Any help would be appreciated. Don't have a clue on how to unlock Siemens phones :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭N90user

bumpedy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭tallaghtdave

nec model 343i
    imei is .356790002790420

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

that ****.net is class, id recommend it.

I got an ''unlockable by any other company'' phone done by ****

:D

Warning - this is run by the ******** guy.

• Advertisement

rsynnott wrote:
    Warning - this is run by the ******** guy.

he meant to say phone expo. the guy keeps getting banned and signing up again

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement