Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UNLOCKING Qs? - *Only* post in this thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Lord Oz

give us the imei and we'll do it or go to www.trycktill.com and do it yourself. it doesn't list a 6101 so use a 6108 instead

Thanks alot, that worked great!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Is it possible to unlock the N70? Im on rtg vodafone but I would like to use my main 02 sim in the phone.

Can anyone help?

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭the_viper2kie

Hey guys,
    Want to get my friends nokia 6020 unlocked as he's heading off to india for the summer and wants to buy a sim-card over there, been on www.trycktill.com but doesn't list that model, can you pick any nokia phone or is there a suitable alternative to the 6020 to choose.

Cheers,

HK

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭failsafe

joe123 wrote:
    Is it possible to unlock the N70? Im on rtg vodafone but I would like to use my main 02 sim in the phone.

Can anyone help?
    Does anyone ever just try ringing vodafone and asking them?!? If you're with them a while (ie have spent €127) they'll do it no problem..

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭GusherING

I used this service recently to unlock my Motorola e1000. All it needed was a normal usb data cable from my PC to my phone. I had no problems at all but I was nervous unlocking my phone. Just thought I'd post it up here in case anybody needed a motorola unlocked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

failsafe wrote:
    Does anyone ever just try ringing vodafone and asking them?!? If you're with them a while (ie have spent €127) they'll do it no problem..
    ah the naivety. if you're very very lucky they'll do it but i've been told all manner of lies by vodafone customer care. the most common is it takes a week to get the code and they once said they couldn't get a code for a 6230. hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭the1andonly1

Hey, i was wondering what type of program to use if youve input the unlock code incorrectly 5 times? I know you need a data cable (which i presume I can get in dublin somewhere) but what piece of software would i need? Or would a meteor store do the trick? (its a meteor phone, Nokia 6100)

Thanks!!

and i hit 100 posts!

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭storka

joe123 wrote:

Can anyone help?

So can it be done? N70 is only €320 on vodafone but I want to stay with Meteor!! Any help? Thanks!!

storka wrote:
    So can it be done? N70 is only €320 on vodafone but I want to stay with Meteor!! Any help? Thanks!!
    it can't be unlocked. none of the bb5 phones can be

• Registered Users Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

Hey, i was wondering what type of program to use if youve input the unlock code incorrectly 5 times? I know you need a data cable (which i presume I can get in dublin somewhere) but what piece of software would i need? Or would a meteor store do the trick? (its a meteor phone, Nokia 6100)

Thanks!!

and i hit 100 posts!

You need a special cable (not data) which plugs into a hardware unlocking box along with its software, depending on the type you buy you could pay €300 - €1,000

Or find a local unlocking shop who will normally do it for €10-20.

If you are around the Wicklow area I could do it for you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭storka

it can't be unlocked. none of the bb5 phones can be

Ah crap!!

bb5 phones...what does that stand for?

When you say that none of them can be unlocked does that mean so far or that they will NEVER be able to be unlocked?

Just a pain having my main number in my crap phone....my 02 sim was orginally a vodafone one but switched networks but i prefer vodafone. Is it possible to bring back my old sim card and get it switched back to vodafone?

joe123 wrote:
    bb5 phones...what does that stand for?

When you say that none of them can be unlocked does that mean so far or that they will NEVER be able to be unlocked?
    no, it took 3 years for the dct3 to be cracked. dunno what it stands for
    joe123 wrote:
    Just a pain having my main number in my crap phone....my 02 sim was orginally a vodafone one but switched networks but i prefer vodafone. Is it possible to bring back my old sim card and get it switched back to vodafone?

why do you prefer vodafone? do you not like money? besides the expensiveness of vodafone there's little difference between the two except o2 customer care is much better

you can get it switched back. its called a port resume but honestly don't. vodafone are evil. give meteor a try

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭EIN

hi does anyone know how to unlock a samsung zv10?

can you post here,
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭the1andonly1

hey, does anyone know of a shop in dublin city centre or bray that offers a phone unlocking service? thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭chop^chop

is there a certain amount of time you have to wait from when you buy a phone till it can be unlocked?
    I have a nokia 6020 locked to vodafone, imei:358400009823378, i bought last week and was wondering if it could be unlocked now.Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

@chop^chop

Why wait? Just type in #pw+754920470271637+1# and thats it. You're unlocked

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭pmcf

hi does anyone know what code to unlock a motorola v1050 imei 356251001403665 thanks

no, it took 3 years for the dct3 to be cracked. dunno what it stands for

why do you prefer vodafone? do you not like money? besides the expensiveness of vodafone there's little difference between the two except o2 customer care is much better

you can get it switched back. its called a port resume but honestly don't. vodafone are evil. give meteor a try

Well the reception isnt as good on O2 and i dont know anyone around with meteor but id expect their reception to be as bad as 02. I dont know why I prefer vodafone...they just seem...better if that makes sense.

Might change this phone to 02 just so I can use my main sim in the phone....not sure though, what would happen to the 3g on the phone???

joe123 wrote:
    Well the reception isnt as good on O2 and i dont know anyone around with meteor but id expect their reception to be as bad as 02. I dont know why I prefer vodafone...they just seem...better if that makes sense.

Might change this phone to 02 just so I can use my main sim in the phone....not sure though, what would happen to the 3g on the phone???
    when did you last use o2? their reception is fine as is meteor's. they have their blackspots but all networks do. give meteor a try for a month or two and see how much you save. you can always move your number back to vodafone if you find yourself in a blackspot.

o2 has a 3g network but you can't make a video call on it. if you have a 3g phone on a non-3g network it'll just work as a normal phone. no video calls and no fast data rate. other than that there's no difference

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭dave101

on trikill theres no 6020 selection i need mine unlocked its an 02 handset
    358351008139565 can anyone help

dave101 wrote:
    try this:
    #pw+427307343505514+7#

i can't guarantee it because as you say there's no 6020 listed on trycktill

dave101 wrote:

Try

#pw+895 541 716 326 353+1#
    or
    #pw+427 407 343 505 514+7#

skearon wrote:
    Try

#pw+895 541 716 326 353+1#
    or
    #pw+427 407 343 505 514+7#
    hmm, your 7th code has one digit different from mine. i wonder why that is

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Baldie

Can someone give me an unlock code for a Nokia 6101. EMEI: 357961005783958.

Cheers....

Baldie wrote:
    Can someone give me an unlock code for a Nokia 6101. EMEI: 357961005783958.

Cheers....

It would help if you told us which network the phone is locked to

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Baldie

skearon wrote:
    It would help if you told us which network the phone is locked to

Sorry, Meteor...

Baldie wrote:
    Sorry, Meteor...

#pw+006 313 225 463 430+1#
    or
    #pw+428 597 346 645 314+7#

i need an unlock code for a 6230i. trycktill doesn't list it anymore. i've tried two codes from it and neither worked. the nokiafree unlocker gives me this code:
    #pw+899 591 316 717 007+7#

but that one didn't work for some reason. any help?

• Advertisement

never mind. i must have just typed it wrong

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement