Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UNLOCKING Qs? - *Only* post in this thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭mad m

well if you have enough call credit used with Vodafone(think its over 100 to 150euro)you can ring them and they will help you unlock it overphone,as a bill i think it goes without saying they will unlock it too.As far as unlocking yourself,cables and right software it can be easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭rander00

Can ye help me unlock a Sharp Gx30 fone please.
    has anyone here done this??? Was it any way easy.

What if u dont have them details,,, like u bought the fone off someone privately,,, and cant ring up vodafone becauseyournot payg or billedby them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭dublin_apache

rander00 wrote:
    Can ye help me unlock a Sharp Gx30 fone please.
    has anyone here done this??? Was it any way easy.

I can't do the Gx30's myself but they can be unlocked with an unlocking clip etc...

I think I know a few ppl who can do that model so I'll ask around...

But like I said to mic_d ring your network and ask them to unlock it for you, they will unlock it if you have spent a certain amout on your bill/account.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭mad m

rander00 wrote:
    What if u dont have them details,,, like u bought the fone off someone privately,,, and cant ring up vodafone becauseyournot payg or billedby them?

well if your not pay to go or bill,get it unlocked Via cable or other ways...plenty of shops in dublin who will unlock this phone for a price....20euro or so....if not cheaper.

• Advertisement

Hey Apache,

i got an unlocking code off a mate that works in vodafone. But how do i go about using this code now,,, can I just type it into the fone in some way or do i still have to arse around with data cables and clips. Thanks.

i got an unlocking code off a mate that works in vodafone. But how do i go about using this code now,,, can I just type it into the fone in some way or do i still have to arse around with data cables and clips. Thanks.

rander00 wrote:
    Hey Apache,

How did he give you the code ? Did he ask you for your IMIE number ?

Yeah,,, gave him the IMEI and he got codes from there.

rander00 wrote:
    Yeah,,, gave him the IMEI and he got codes from there.

Oh cool, yeah you should be able to just enter the code he gave you into the phone.

But, try the code once then try a o2 sim in it first just to make sure it's 100% unlocked...

If it doesn't unlock the first time it might be the wrong code so get back on to your mate or if you enter the wrong code by mistake :confused: , so just be careful, that's an expensive phone ya have there ;) ...

• Advertisement

Does anyone know how can I open a sbn file... ?

The file is a file for flashing/unlocking the SE P910.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭decbuck

I was reading for a good while about all of ye travelling north to get the cheap phone.

Did you get it unlocked ok onto the 2g vodafone network?

decbuck wrote:
    I was reading for a good while about all of ye travelling north to get the cheap phone.

Did you get it unlocked ok onto the 2g vodafone network?

99% of ppl did, but poor ole me :( ... has too wait 2 weeks to get his done in "The Telephone Center" ?

Level 3 repair they said, I asked them what it ment and they didn't know what a level 3 repair was................... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 THE GAFFER

I WOULD BE VERY GREATEFUL IF ANYONE COULD SUPPLY ME WITH GD52 UNLOCK SOFTWARE THAT IS WORKING 100%.
    I CAN BE CONTACTED VIA E-MAIL GAFFNEYPA@HOTMAIL.COM

MANY THANKSundefined

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 hardcore_rm

i have a gx30, bought off ebay from uk, now in australia, keep getting error in SIM-MEP message, does this means its locked to vodaphone UK? australian vodaphonbe sim wont work, anyway i can get it unlocked?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Is there anyone that know of anyway to unlock a motorola v300?

I am getting desparate so willing to pay something for it at this point (only NOT the €130 meteor wants to do it for me)

Is there any places/shops/sites that will do it for like 20 euro or so?!

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭byrnefm

Hi,

This company does unlocking (£16.95 is quoted for it, though I don't know if you need a cable on top of that...)

http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/extras/unlocking-index.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

seems you need to buy a cable off them aswell though but cheers byrne anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I've had a speakeasy account with o2 for about 4 years now, and have bought SIM free phones in the interim, however I bought a sony ericsson T230 last week as it was such a good deal with the free call credit, but when I got it home I realised it was SIM locked! I use a UK SIM card quite a lot so it aint much good to me.

Does anyone know if o2 will unlock it for me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭e38418

dunno bout o2 but some small phoneshops or the local phonestand should do.got mine done last week for £10

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

There's a thread floating around on here somewhere that details unlocking different brands of phone: not sure on this but I think Sony/Ericsson handsets need to be unlocked using a data cable, whereas Nokia and some other brands can be unlocked with codes available from the 'net.

O2 will unlock the phone only after you've spent €100 on call credit (including the free €70) if you apply in writing to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

can someone help me out here, maybe sharkman? my friend just bought an se t630 on speakeasy and wants to unlock it to use his meteor sim. i know places in town can do it cause thats where i got my t610 unlocked ages ago, but it was very pricey. i seem to remember someone here saying they'd do it for free? was i just imagining it or can someone actually do it?
    thanks for any help

• Registered Users Posts: 1 99349086

please help, was wondering if u know how to unlock a sagem v55 vodafone live for free, any help is appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 andy8491

have you got the code for the nokia 3310 phone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 andy8491

has anyone here got the unlocking code for the nokia 3310n or the sagem myv65 because i have got the one for samsung e700 which is:

type this code in whi your sim is out of your phone
    *2767*688#
    your phone should then say something like mpd or something and your phone should switch itself on and then on and then it is done reply to this mesage anyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

I got my Meteor 3100 unlocked in a local shop D15. I could never get into those places in town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 chimp007_uk

hi,
    i have recently purchased a nokia 6230, but it was locked to t-mobile. i have had it unlocked, but my o2 simcard wont register in the phone... what can i do, so i can use the phone??
    please help!

Has anyone here been able to successfully unlock a Motorola V550? Apparently the clips can't do it yet???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭hibs4ever

Anyone know how to unlock this phone? Its on METEOR. Don't have enough credit on it to ask them to do it, only new phone

THANKS

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Jenakin

Can anyone help me with the unlocking of a Sony Ericsson T630
    Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement