Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UNLOCKING Qs? - *Only* post in this thread.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭BreadBoard

Buck_Naked wrote:
    Rang O2 just there. Asked them for the code for my N70 and within 8 minutes (along with some other enquiries) my phone was unlocked.

Absolutely fantastic service
    Brilliant :)

3 should look after their customers like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭dave101

can this be unlocked via software and usb cable if you dont have the smart clip?cheers23876_00.jpg

Motorola P2K Standard Cable via Smart-Cilp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭amandac

Hi I Am Looking For Unlocking Info For A Nokia 6680 Locked To 3 , Or Where To Buy An 083 Sim Card, Can Anyone Give Me Any Info Please, Ive Had This Phone For Nearly A Year And Its Brand New, Just Want To Use It At This Stage Now , Any Help Will Be Much Appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

DAVE22 wrote:
    I Have A V3x On 3 Ireland Can This Be Unlocked

Google searched this and there seems to be lots of sites unlocking this phone through IMEI number. Are they legit as i want away from 3 with this phone too?

• Advertisement

mickger wrote:
    Google searched this and there seems to be lots of sites unlocking this phone through IMEI number. Are they legit as i want away from 3 with this phone too?
    Hi, any links ? :)

BreadBoard wrote:
    Hi, any links ? :)

Use google.

I'm a bit confused, you said;
    mickger wrote:

I asked you for any links and you said;
    mickger wrote:
    Use google.

Did I miss something here? :confused: I taught you wanted to know if they are legit?

BreadBoard wrote:
    I'm a bit confused, you said;

I asked you for any links and you said;

Did I miss something here? :confused: I taught you wanted to know if they are legit?

OIC sorry about that. Got wires crossed there.http://www.unlockitnow.com/Motorola/V3x.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭yapyap

mickger wrote:
    OIC sorry about that. Got wires crossed there.http://www.unlockitnow.com/Motorola/V3x.php

How to unlock will depend on your bootloader version.

the website you refer to says
    "Please note: This service works only with Cingular USA or Fido/Rogers Canada phones!"

Just go to a professional unlocker or ask in the forum if someone will do it for you (for a fee of course:p :p )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

I got an N80 and i want to get my 6680 unlocked now to sell on,

3 tell me they cant do this yet??

Isnt this illegal? I was under the impression that the network has to unlock the phone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Porter_Hound

Evening all,
    I'm looking for the unlocking code for a nokia 6230 locked to O2.
    IMEI No. 355040002075338.
    I've tried 4 codes from various sites to no avail.
    Last chance!
    Thanks for your help,
    N

Evening all,
    I'm looking for the unlocking code for a nokia 6230 locked to O2.
    IMEI No. 355040002075338.
    I've tried 4 codes from various sites to no avail.
    Last chance!
    Thanks for your help,
    N
    Have you tried this code?;

#pw+787 310 500 565 522+1#

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Porter_Hound

cheers breadboard,
    another quick question,
    if you have 2 break a contract with O2 say 10 months into it, whats the story?
    i'll be leaving the country for a while so will i just wave and say goodbye..!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭DirtyDog

Hi All

Need some help, bought a Motorola L6 from a guy in the UK who said it wasnt locked - but it was!

Anyway Details:
    Motorola L6
    Locked to T-Mobile
    IMEI No. 357684003301793

Thanks!!

DirtyDog wrote:
    Hi All

Need some help, bought a Motorola L6 from a guy in the UK who said it wasnt locked - but it was!

Anyway Details:
    Motorola L6
    Locked to T-Mobile
    IMEI No. 357684003301793

Thanks!!

if the vendor was such a prat, the first thing to do would be to check if the phone is actually banned / barred stolen. you can do this on http://www.recipero.com/recipero/products/checkmend/

Unlocking will probably cost you around €35 so better to spend on the above first under the circumstanes

Has anyone heard of O2 UK selling phones to their customers without network locks?

yapyap wrote:
    Has anyone heard of O2 UK selling phones to their customers without network locks?
    Yes generally their bill phones are not locked at all ;) !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

cheers breadboard,
    another quick question,
    if you have 2 break a contract with O2 say 10 months into it, whats the story?
    i'll be leaving the country for a while so will i just wave and say goodbye..!
    Ring O2 and tell them you'd like to cancel your contract. You'll just have to pay the remaining 2 months.

You could just vanish and not pay the bills, but this is illegal and it will affect your chances of getting a bill phone with O2 again in the future. I'm not sure if networks share info or not, but this might have a knock on effect on other networks too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 darmo

Hi guys,

This is a slightly different request to the norm, but I was wondering if anyone would know the Vodafone settings for an unlocked XDA miniS so that I can access the net etc.

Thanks,

Darmo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 darmo

Sorry about my earlier post, I neglected to read the title, apologies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 muckalee

Hi!i was wondering if you could help me!my son has a samsung3.7v he had a security lock on his messages only,one of his friends knew his code & changed it but forgot what numbers he put in.he doesnt want to leave it in to repair shop because they will deflash it & he will loose every thing he has on it.Do you know if there is anything he can try as it is a last resort for him to leave it into repair shop thanks!

muckalee wrote:
    Hi!i was wondering if you could help me!my son has a samsung3.7v he had a security lock on his messages only,one of his friends knew his code & changed it but forgot what numbers he put in.he doesnt want to leave it in to repair shop because they will deflash it & he will loose every thing he has on it.Do you know if there is anything he can try as it is a last resort for him to leave it into repair shop thanks!

sorry forgot to mention its on vodafone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

You'd tried the default Samsung code just in case? I think it's 00000000

• Registered Users Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

muckalee wrote:

The security code can be reset without having to flash the firmware on most Samsungs, what is the phone model as 3.7v isn't a correct model number? Would it be E370?

skearon wrote:
    The security code can be reset without having to flash the firmware on most Samsungs, what is the phone model as 3.7v isn't a correct model number? Would it be E370?

No its a E0168!Its only the message folder thats locked any ideas what i can do with it?appriaciate any info!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

Is it possible to unlock a Motorola v3x locked to 3 Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭whisht

Yes, but not easy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

IMEI: 357616003229673
    Nokia 6230i
    Vodafone

• Advertisement

fletch wrote:
    IMEI: 357616003229673
    Nokia 6230i
    Vodafone