Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UNLOCKING Qs? - *Only* post in this thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Ro-76

Hi,

I'm planning to get a Panasonic x400 for my GF, but will need to get it unlocked.

Does anyone know where I can get it unlocked in Dublin?

Ro

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭inigo

Anybody got their Sagem myx5-2 unlocked, preferably in Dublin or Ireland? Do you mind sharing some info, regardless of whether it was free or not?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭afcdave

I'm in the very same situation, want to unlock a t630. Have u had any luck?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭dublin_apache

Just to let ppl know I can get both Sagems and most SE's unlocked...

There are a few ppl pm'ing me and there are a few threads poping up about unlocking them unlocked, so just to let ppl know that I'm in town tomorrow meeting a few ppl from boards to get there phones unlocked, so if anybody wants theirs done just let me know...

€25

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

Howdy all,

I have a small problem regarding unlocking a Nokia 3220! I bought it on O2 for my girlfriend for christmas -cause it was cheaper than Meteor) thinking I could unlock it easily enough (shes Meteor) but I cant find what phone type it is (I presumed it would be the same as the Nokia 3200 i.e. phone type 2 but the codes arent working) and as I understand you only get 5 attempts to unlock a phone!!

So can anyone help unlock this bad boy??

Many thanks in advance

• Advertisement

Does anyone know what 'phone type' the Nokia 3220 is?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

try here link its says on website below that it is a type Asic 2 phone DCT 4

http://forums.fonedoctor.co.uk/showthread.php?t=130

jones wrote:
    Does anyone know what 'phone type' the Nokia 3220 is?

It's a DCT4 (RH-37) Asic 2 V2 if that's what you mean by type, if ya need this unlocked just let me know I can do it via code for free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Anyone have any ideas on how to unlock a Nokia 8260?

Its an American phone used on the At&T cell network. My dad has just got a new phone and is back in Ireland with this one- Just wondering whther it will work over here with an Irish SIM?

Cheers for the help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

The unlocking isnt too difficult, but as far as I know, that phone will not operate here due to the frequencies used here

Maybe somebody else could clarify this

Regarding the unlocking, if the phone WILL work here, I can either calculate a code for you, or send you a link to a program which will do it

• Advertisement

Cheers man i tried that link and none of the codes are working!! pain in the b*lls!!! i've unlocked a load of phones but this one just doesnt seem to want to be unlocked and i've input 4 'code error' codes so i dont think i should risk the last one because that'll lock it up totally wont it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

anyone care to unclock this for free, imei is 352882005901413

That model has to be unlocked via log or clip, I have the clip unlocker if you need it done...

ps There is an unlocking thread here, it's handy for finding past questions on unlocking !!!

how does the clip unlocker work, do i have to send the phone to u

etxp wrote:
    how does the clip unlocker work, do i have to send the phone to u

It simply just clips into the bottom of the hand-set where the charger goes and I just press a button on the clip and 15 seconds later it's unlocked...

Well if your in the Dublin area I could meet you to unlock for ya...

im down mayo, would u send i down to mes, cause i dont fancy sending my phone in the post

etxp wrote:
    im down mayo, would u send i down to mes, cause i dont fancy sending my phone in the post

??????????? :confused:

If you mean would I send you down the clip so you can unlock your phone...

My answer would have to be NO "cause i dont fancy sending my clip in the post".........

Maybe someone in Mayo has the clip unlocker and can help you out...

[edit]

I just done a search etxp and seen that you where given info on this before :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Pikasso

Insert a different service provider sim e.g. o2.
    insert sim code.
    When asked for Network access code insert 720 853 68.
    No guarantees!
    Let me know if it works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭littlejay

nokia 3220 code for 02 ireland
    imei is ***************
    cant find an online calc that supports this model
    i dont know what type this is . type 2 5 or 7 etc..

had 2 goes dont want to damage the handset
    any help would be great

It's a DCT4 (RH-37) Asic 2 V2 if that's what you mean by type, if ya need this unlocked just let me know I can do it via code for free.

i'm not sure if any code will work now cause i tried it 5 times!!! using your above 'types' if you could help it'd be excellent!!!

also i have a cable also for my own phone and was wondering how you unlock with the cable??

• Advertisement

Pikasso wrote:
    Insert a different service provider sim e.g. o2.
    insert sim code.
    When asked for Network access code insert 720 853 68.
    No guarantees!
    Let me know if it works.

Is that the unlock code for your phone? If so then this will NOT work on another phone. The subsidy code is based on IMEI and every phone requires a different code.

If you've spent €127 with Vodafone they'll give you the unlock code for free. Other than that you'll need to clip the phone.

jones wrote:
    i'm not sure if any code will work now cause i tried it 5 times!!! using your above 'types' if you could help it'd be excellent!!!

also i have a cable also for my own phone and was wondering how you unlock with the cable??
    Hi jones,

I got your pm earlier about unlocking your 3220...

I have the solution, so if anybody wants there 3220 unlocked just pm me the phone details and I'll unlock it...

I just unlock 2 my-self here now, so if anyone has a Nokia 3220 unlocking program and wants to know how to unlock it this is how to do it...

Do everything as normal but instead of using V2 use Asic 6 if that makes sence to you...

I used the 7th code on both phones that were locked to o2 Ireland and both codes worked first time... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

here's one for you. I need a Motorola v600 re-flashed. my problem is that it was a UK T-Mobile phone originally, and I took it to that place off abbey st. and they told me that as it's a T-Mobile one they have hardware ROM that means they can't be flashed.

is this true or were they just bullsh1tting me?

it would seem to me that any v600 is identical apart from the software that's on it. is this the case or am i screwed? it's unlocked so it's working, but i can't use it for gprs as the settings are set to t-mobile.

what's my best bet?

thnx

vibe666 wrote:
    here's one for you. I need a Motorola v600 re-flashed. my problem is that it was a UK T-Mobile phone originally, and I took it to that place off abbey st. and they told me that as it's a T-Mobile one they have hardware ROM that means they can't be flashed.

is this true or were they just bullsh1tting me?

it would seem to me that any v600 is identical apart from the software that's on it. is this the case or am i screwed? it's unlocked so it's working, but i can't use it for gprs as the settings are set to t-mobile.

what's my best bet?

thnx
    I'll ask around mate, I'm not 100% my-self but that place usually fob ppl off with some cra* if they can't do it... :rolleyes:

What network are you on anyway or what gprs settings do you need for the v600 ?

My guess was that too - maybe they didn't have the software to reflash a V600. But it is possible to do it - I've done it myself, hehe.

Any word on the V550 at all? No way am I paying €127 to Vodafone if I'm not even going to use their service!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

it's now on o2, and is working fine apart from the gprs, but the t-mobile software on the phone won't allow you to change gprs settings at all, there just isn't a menu like with a normal phone.

according to the bloke in the unlocking shop they can do any v600 apart from the t-mobile ones due to this alleged 'chip'. still not convinced myself though.

EDIT: update, just got this off usenet:

The person you spoke to is incorrect. The phone can be flashed and flexed.
    You can also edit seems to enable access to Web Sessions.

Vist http://www.howardforums.com for all the info you want on doing all of
    this.

I'll be taking a look tomorrow. for now off to bed so I'm fresh for the nightmare that is my job in the morning!

thanks again.

If you have a data cable for the phone you won't need to flash the phone - there are two things you can try:

1: Perform a "seem edit" to enable the Web Sessions menu, or
    2: Upload the WebSession file from an O2 V600.

If you want to know how to do either of these then PM me and I'll tell you how.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

Karsini wrote:
    Any word on the V550 at all? No way am I paying €127 to Vodafone if I'm not even going to use their service!

Solution has finally appeared. MSS version 4 supports it, so it will probably start appearing on clips etc very soon.

• Advertisement

Hi jones,

I got your pm earlier about unlocking your 3220...

I have the solution, so if anybody wants there 3220 unlocked just pm me the phone details and I'll unlock it...

I just unlock 2 my-self here now, so if anyone has a Nokia 3220 unlocking program and wants to know how to unlock it this is how to do it...

Do everything as normal but instead of using V2 use Asic 6 if that makes sence to you...

I used the 7th code on both phones that were locked to o2 Ireland and both codes worked first time... ;)

hi dublin_apache i tried to pm ya earlier but it wouldnt send! i dont think the normal codes will work now because i've input 5 incorrect ones i've tried some now and it says 'cant undo restriction' does this me i'm f*cked?? look like the girlfriend is getting a phone she cant use her number with now excellent!!! anyone know anywhere in dublin they'll unlock it cheap?
    or can dublin_apache come up with a solution in the nick of time? tune in some time before friday to find out!!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement