Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I can't stand John Cena!

• 20-09-2005 9:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

Is it me or is John Cena one of the worst WWE champion's right now, I know he is all hip with the under 18's, with his Rap - His film - his clothes - But this guy has no wrestling ability.

I have been put off watching Raw for the past few weeks because I can't stand this guy when he comes on TV, every time he gets in the ring it's the other guy who carry's the match. Been a fan for 21 years and I don't see much in this John cena!

I apologise to any one who might be a fan of his, but I can't stand the bloke!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

No, you're not the only one - He is annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

I realize that guys with real wrestling talent (none better than Angle), should get appreciation, that’s certainly the case on this board, but as a 21 year fan you must have noticed a few world champions who succeeded more for their charisma, look or gimmick? Guys like Diesel, Yokozuna, and the Rock and of course Hogan were never what I’d call brilliant wrestlers - commandant at best.
    Obviously Cena's appeal doesn’t reach everyone but it's not hard to see why he is where he is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

he is a load of ****, annoys the hell out of me too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

It's just the gimmick he has. Standard spots every match to get the crowd going, I cant watch him really anymore. We need the old John cena.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

I like John Cena as a wrestler but his gimmick is too old and has been overrun.

What WWE should do is get him to take a break, bring him back with a new gimmick and possibly a heel.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

I still find him entertaining but he needs that edge from about that time he was a heel and feuding with Taker and his raps where a but risque and entertaining. While i think his feud with bischoff is entertaining it certainly aint no Austin/McMahon!

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭merlinsmerryman

He is definately the most annoying champion in a long time. Seems like the WWE is giving anybody a push (Cena, Carlito, Masters etc) while the guys who are being used to push these guys(Michaels, Angle and Flair) are left wrestling these young guys who have charisma and are able to talk into a mike but can not carry a match like Michaels and Angle can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 hass

You like him as a wrestler??? He has got only a few moves and that five knuckle should be banned as it is so bad. WWE is dying for the next Stone Cold and in my opinion they will never get someone who had so much fan base and who made so much money ever again. If they think Cena is the man they are so wrong. I person who I belive can get the fan base is Christian but for some reason he hasn't got the push he deserves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Annoying gimmick + average wrestler = John Cena

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Yeah and thats why there having great workers like Jericho and Angle feud him. In regards to his gimmick as a 20 year old male it annoys the hell out of me and I actually really liked his gimmick alot more when he was a heel and there was a bit of an edge to him. To be fair though, his gimmick works insanely well to other age groups namely little kids and woman. The amount of kids 8-14 at the Point to see him (and from my little area it seemed he was THE reason why they wanted to go) last May surprised the hell out of me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

As it's been said by others, I would also love to see Cena as a heel. He's much better a character then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Moogle

I hate him so much.

The Bischoff/Cena angle is like McMahon/Austin lite.

He is too nice to the fans to be a true bad ass.

He also seems to have only two facial expressions as well.

I can think of dozens of wrestlers I'd rather see as champ.

Wrestlemania XXIII is rumoured to be Hogan/Cena

"You can't see me!"? I wish I couldn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

His character is stale. He's been a face for almost 2 years now. The kiddies love him though so a heel turn looks unlikely unless the fans turn on him. Only time will tell if this happens or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

He is definately the most annoying champion in a long time........

I don't agree with you. HE IS THE MOST ANNOYING CHAMPION OF AAALLLLL TIME!
    I'm going to tape it when loses the title to The Game (because he is...THAT...DAMN...GOOD!).
    When Cena(GAY) won it I was making these faces, in this order....." :eek: :mad: :(:confused: and finaly :D "(that's for when JBL atacked him with a steel chair)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭vannistelrooy10

anybody at raw on the saturday i am going to tear into him anybody wana join me in booing him at the entrance and tell him to shove tat ****e belt up his candy ass

Thats what I wanted to do last time at the point ! There'll be legions of 7-12 year olds there cheeering on Cena.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

I think with the slump WWE is experiencing at the moment, Cena is where he is to ensure a half decent family fan base and the merchandising sales that usually goes with it and his character has become boring and predictable.
    Nobody had a real problem with this guy when he was a heel and feuding with Lesnar and Undertaker. Then again nobody had a problem with Randy Orton or Batista, until they won the big one as well.
    I think Cena got a case of the Rocky Miavia syndrome at the moment; maybe a heel turn or at least a return to his risky raps would improve him.
    For me, his wrestling skills aren’t that bad, yes he uses a very limited arsenal, but he's no Giant Gonzales either.
    Plus Charisma/Mic Skills/Look are pretty important in the world of Sports Entertainment, so fans of skilled wrestlers like Angle and Benoit have to get used to the fact that guys like Cena and Hogan will always do well, possibly even better than the skilled guys in the long run.
    Granted Cena may be lacking the said Charisma/Mic Skills/Look at the moment, but with the heel or angle change I mentioned, I think he could be good again.
    Anyway, I’m no huge Cena fan, plus I’m a big fan of skilled guys like Angle or Benoit, I’m just giving my opinion of what’s wrong with Cena at the moment and what I think could be done to improve him.

Yeah but Rocky Maivia was nt appealing to 5-13 years old or woman like Cena is. Did you see the ads for the wwe at the Point? Theres only one wrestler on the cover and its Cena. My point is the wwe won't and maybe should n't turn him heel even though I'd prefer it because there making money off him as a face. Cena shifts tickets, t-shirts and ppv events. On the level of Rock, Austin or Hogan? Hell no but who is? The minute the money runs dry is the minute Vince will turn him heel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Cat O'Nine Tail

I can't stand Cena. He can't wrestle - I think, at the last count, he had all of four wrestling moves. The main reason why he looked good in the ring was becaus the likes of Jericho and Angle were making him look good. In my humble opinion, John Cena is this generation's Hulk Hogan, all flash and little substance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

In my humble opinion, John Cena is this generation's Hulk Hogan, all flash and little substance.

Ah jaysus he's nowhere near Hogan; Hogan revolutionised the whole industry, he was The American Icon in the 80's and early 90's, he stood for everything that was the US of A and all that crap during the Gulf war. Cena's not even a fly on Hogans sh1t imo, his gimmick will dry up very soon and he'll start to get the oul "Boring" chants, which I could actually make out in his match against Angle at Unforgiven as well as being boo'ed. The clock is ticking on this guy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Moogle

There was a few LET'S GO ANGLE! chants too and people hate Kurt Angle. I used to as well but I'd rather see him as champion.

The same thing happened at Summerslam with Y2J. There were LET'S GO JERICHO! chants.

I'll be trying to start a few PLEASE GO CENA! chants at the Point in November and, if they won't work, I'll run him over in my car!!

Advertisement