Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fun 101.3

• 20-09-2005 9:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

Have been listening to this station the last 2 wks or so just wondering what everyone else thinks of it??

Its not on durning the day monday to riday but it plays pure dance music

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

never heard if it. where does it broadcast?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭tabydub

well i have been picking it up all over dublin and i got it in naas and portmarnock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 maastiff

I just found this station about 2 weeks ago, I think its class, proper dance tunes, bringing me back to the early to mid nineties and more recent, makes me wanna go clubbing again

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Preset No.3

Scumbag radio at its best!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

thats broadcasting illegally over our frequency and will be removed asap because its messing up both stations.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Will Comreg bother to do anything about the skull and crossbones stations?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭epo addict

Knackers on the airwaves..Not radio dj's at all..One of there own dj's robbed the studio equipment a while back..Moore street fm it should be called..Bedroom dj's who think there radio presenters!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 racso77

I can't get the station where i live but it sounds brilliant. The mid nineties were great for dance music stations like Club, Pulse and Super Q.
    If a proper dance licence was given out to people who are genuinely interested in the music, rather than bland identical pap music stations to super rich business men who then sell on the station, then maybe they would not be interfering with others frequencies.

Pity it will never happen.
    It's all about the €.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Ah did u not hear Spin is a "dance station". Well that IS the license they originally won... I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

And now live from DJ Anto's barna shed in the back of his mother's garden
    we have some banging tunes......

Sorry guys, me thinks I'll give Knacker FM a miss

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭GusherING

dajaffa wrote:
    Ah did u not hear Spin is a "dance station". Well that IS the license they originally won... I think

Spin is a 'Youth' station. What exactly that is, I dunno! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Think that means it's the same as 2fm.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭superdudeman007

Liam Byrne wrote:
    Think that means it's the same as 2fm.......
    Nope, spin may be crap but they'd never employ Marty Whelan, Gerry Ryan, Avril Hoare, Paul Clarke, Gareth O'Callaghan, Colm Hayes, Jim Nugent, Ruth Scott, Larry Gogan, etc etc.

^ ^ How many of them are under 30? Yes, 2fm is CALLED a youth station, but IT'S NOT!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭David O'Keeffe

See for yourself...
    AT SPIN 1038, everything we do is different. We Strive to be different than any other radio station on the market. SPIN’s style is unique, it’s young, lively and fun – when you hear it, you’ll know it’s SPIN 1038. Spin is an aspirational brand. We are cutting edge, innovative and vibrant.

10 SPIN Hits is the anchor of our programming – 10 Songs in a row – not interrupted by ads or news. This means more music than any other radio station. SPIN 1038 also plays new music first and before anyone else. To put it simply – It’s All The Hits – One Station.
    Our Listeners

SPIN’s 15-34 year old listeners have never experienced a recession and are confident professionals who spend a lot of money. These are the first-timers who are purchasing cars, houses, furniture, mortgages, insurance, frequent holidays, etc

15-19 year old Market Share = 43.5%
    15-19 year old Listened Yesterday = 58%

15-34 year old Market Share = 12.6%
    15-34 year old Listened Yesterday = 25%

All Adults Market Share = 21.2%
    15-34 year old Market Share = 35.7%
    15-24 year old Market Share = 47.6%

SPIN effectively delivers the following unique audience in the Dublin area:
    All Adults at Night
    15-19 year olds
    15-24 year olds
    15–34 years olds