Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help

Options
  • 30-08-1999 11:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭

hmm I bought a voodoo 3 3500 card from america and it arrived today, however it comes with a tv tuner card and radio card, I got the radio card working but the tv tuner card is a different matter , see I can pick up a signal but there is no way I can fine tune the signal plus it is in black and white so do you guys have any solutions to my problem? Well its only the tv card that doesn't work the actual voodoo3 3500 is working great!!

Jelvon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭tibor

Make sure you have the tuner set correctly.
    You should be scanning for PALN broadcasts,
    default is usually NTSCBM(or something like that) cos thats what they use in the states.

And tune by frequency not by channel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭mobius

Yeah their's some crap about UHF and VHF to look out for too.

Get muppited at:
    http://www.gibworld.com/mobius

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Sounds like you are scanning the wrong format.

Another problem (you might get) is that Irish TV broadcasts the sound at one frequency and picture at another. So you will be able to watch the picture perfectly or the sound, but not both. I had this problem with the TV card I used to own (bought it in US). Camcorder worked perfectly on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Gyck

Sounds like the signal all right... I've got a VGA to TV converter unit that allows you to switch between NTSC and PAL, though you have to take the thing apart to do so...

...I didn't think that stuff from the US had settings to change the signal from NTSC to PAL??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭marauder

yeah yoll need an NTSC -> PAL convertor
    or a Video or TV that can read both
    I don't know about TVs but a dual standard video is ~400 bills

• Advertisement
Advertisement