Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

upgrading from xp home to xp pro -possible?

• 20-09-2005 12:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭

hello is it possible to do the above, as in update from windows home to pro, without loosing all my filessand programs?, or would I have to dual boot?
    i need Xp pro for college to get onto the network,
    I dont really know would it just work or not, how much free space should i have??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

if you purchase the retail box version, yes, but its silly expensive.

best to use the documents and settings transfer wizard and clean install.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭Sandals

ok how do you do the transfer documents yoke?,
    i just have an ord. downloaded version of xp pro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

its under accessories\system tools AKAIR.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

as far as i know there's no released version of win xp that comes as a download

thread closed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Im pretty sure XP allows you to do a kind of patchy thing when installing pro over home, i installed the pro corp edition over my home version and kept original files and all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

I know this is closed but one thing I have to say is make sure you have alcohol 120% uninstalled before you upgrade! it ...breaks things.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement