Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tutorials

Options
  • 20-09-2005 12:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭

When exactly do tutorials for first years start or have they started already? I was positive that they didn't start until the 3rd of October and everything I have says the same but in Critical Readings today she complained that tutorial attendance had been very low. This got some rather bemused looks from the class so what's going on? Of course this is the same teacher that only handed out enough timetables for about 1/3rd of the class then neglected to tell the rest that the next day was a reading day but I wanna know what she was talking about :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭GusherING

Depends on your subjects. When I was in 1st Year, the year co-ordiantor for each subject generally told us or made us sign up in the lecture hall. Of course, the simple way to find out for sure, is to go and ask your Dept. They'll be able to tell you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

Each of my lecturers have told us when we have practicals/tutorials (every 2nd week for maths and every week for most others).

They (for me) strated this week and will start next week for the ones that dont start this week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Andore

Thanks, just logged into the student information thing and my timetable has changed from a generalised one to one that shows each individual week with tutorials. I only missed one and I don't have any more til Friday so the damage isn't too bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Developmental and Biological Psychology started today... seems alright, and it's only fortnightly, so meh :) (anyone from my class happen to be registered here? lol)

No but that's the one I missed. How was it?

• Advertisement

Grand, it was just an introduction thing... Getting to know each other and that kind of lark. She said to read the section in our core text on Biological Psychology, for the next tutorial (in a fortnight). Oh the class is split into 2, one group one week, the other the next, so you should go to the class next week and make sure you're not in that group instead.

So I went to my first tutorial today for Critical Readings and I was the only one there! Kind of hard to talk about Heart of Darkness for the first time without any chance to think about the question or listen to others opinions. Wasn't really awkward though since we had a good chat about favourite books etc but it was a pretty strange way to end the day.

Goddammit, I got 2 100 word pieces to do for history :( And reading to do for history and psychology too :(

When did university become all about the work?! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

I've a 1500 word Information Studies essay due for the 20th of October. I echo Dave's sentiments :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

fresher's week is now but a distant memory...enjoy :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

*sigh*...
    Have to start doing some *actual* work... and not be lazy.
    (Y'see...last year that was a problem...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

*sigh*...
    Have to start doing some *actual* work... and not be lazy.
    (Y'see...last year that was a problem...)
    That's been my problem for 2 years - And miraculously enuff I'm still here!

Why change a winning strategy I say. Let the laziness continue... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Well I'm still in college despite being a lazy fux0r for the last 3 years... so there's hope for us all :)
    Seb's sig wrote:
    ...all we ask is that you play Burnout on the system of your choice until your hands cramp permanently into useless claws.
    Don't mind if I do :)

Work is a four letter word. I think I'll follow Seb's strategy

• Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Waltons wrote:
    Work is a four letter word. I think I'll follow Seb's strategy

You're going to sell one of your kidneys for money?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 steffy182

i just read this and i havent been to any tutorials yet (im in first year too). i know my geography ones start next week but english and history i hvent been to yet, has anybody been to any and could let me know what i have missed?!? it would be quite good to know lol!!! steffx

You're going to sell one of your kidneys for money?
    Spleen too, if they'll take it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Waltons wrote:
    I've a 1500 word Information Studies essay due for the 20th of October. I echo Dave's sentiments :(

Ouchie! We didn't have to do any Info Studies coursework until the last day of the 1st semester last year and that was a piss easy 1 hour search engine job......!

grrrr It's all work work work aswell for Zane this week. My hours this week are going up by 50%! :mad: That means instead of 2 hours I'll have 3 hours. :eek:

Ah ya git Zane!
    It's a bit crazy that we need to have our coursework for Info Studies in a day before we have to have the PROPOSED TOPIC for our coursework (150-200 words) in for Info Literacy. Bastids

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Waltons wrote:
    Ah ya git Zane!
    It's a bit crazy that we need to have our coursework for Info Studies in a day before we have to have the PROPOSED TOPIC for our coursework (150-200 words) in for Info Literacy. Bastids

TBH I think they've eventually copped on to the fact that even a donkey could pass 1st year Info Studies so they are boosting the workloadometer to epidemic levels!

Oh I'm so looking forward to failing 2nd year and I haven't even passed 1st year yet! :D

• Advertisement

We've no past papers to look back on either. I hate being a guinea pig :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

Was in my first tutoruial Friday. Dear god their holding them in the small office style rooms now-euch!

Advertisement