Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What web editor do you use?

Options
  • 20-09-2005 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭

Hi folks, I kind off assume that most web developers are using dreamweaver these days. Take the survey and lets find out.

What web editor do you use? 40 votes

Dreamweaver
    0% 0 votes
    Frontpage
    55% 22 votes
    Go live
    15% 6 votes
    A simple text editor
    0% 0 votes
    Some other editor
    30% 12 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Nope, never have used Dreamweaver and never will - I use Homesite, and yet I still do all my coding by hand - I use it primarily to manage files, and the lovely colours it use to differentiate between coding (php, html, css, etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Nope. I use Syn, which is like notepad with colours.

If you're generating the pages on the fly, you can't really use WYSIWYG editors, and last time I looked at them, CSS support was poor...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭canker

anyone tried dreamweaver 8 yet? im still on mx2004.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

I use both dreamweaver and notepad++ (notepad only better!!)

I only use dreamweaver to insert large amounts of text into a page, so I don't have to escape all the special characters. and the site management is handy too.

other then that everything is done in notepad++ and some CSS in Topstyle Pro

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Kai

I use Dreamweaver MX 2005 simply because i like the file management and the purty colours. Ive started using VS 2005 Beta for most stuff now and just hand code the HTML/CSS. Suits me sir.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dangerman

textpad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

DW & EditPlus

Running DW8 atm, not seeing a whole lot of improvement. Just about to try some auto-PHP stuff, we'll see how that goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭P&L

TopStyle, it's a little beaut.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Quanta+

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Taco HTML for Mac. It's a great wee text editor that loads quickly on my getting-old-fast iMac. In fact I use it for most text stuff as for some strange reason if you open HTML files on Simpletext it opens it as a webpage. Taco doesn't colour anything other than html though afaiu. I use DW too but it's so sluggish on my poor wee mac. The poll should have been multi-choice.

The best thing about Taco HTML is the Taco in the dock though.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭leftofcentre

I must admit i am surprised so many people use text editors, what kind of sadists are you?

;)

I use a text editor for when i need to get into the code, but for the day to day stuff Dreamweaver is the fella.

The new version has feck all new features, if you pay for your software then skip it, but if you get it thru work its worth a play around with.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Sidane

Editplus 2 - great little text editor.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

Vim, obviously. Gvim if I'm feeling hedonistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

still using Homesite...

Advertisement