Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Programming questions for interviews

Options
  • 20-09-2005 1:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭

I vaguely remember a thread like this a long time ago, but I can't seem to find it. What I'm looking for is examples of the short problems that they sometimes ask you to write code for in interviews, such as writing a method to calculate the nth number in the fibinacii sequence, or printing out the first 100 prime numbers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Depends a lot on the job you are going to.

Don't recall ever getting examples of what you have shown. Generally it is general knowledge questions on the language in question, or debug what is wrong with code or write up code to create something small which is relevent to the job you are going to.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

I generally have found it's the other way round.

Debug this bit of code...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭homeOwner

I've been given problems like the ones you mentioned (fibonacci, prime numbers, etc...) in pseudo code and given multiple choice answers to chose from after working out what the code does.

For java programmers : You also commonly see in a java coding exams questions on how to use StringTokenizer, StringBuffer, File IO.
    Check out this link, there are loads of other ones out there.
    http://www.allapplabs.com/interview_questions/java_interview_questions.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

best of luck in whatever it is pink :)

*edit* and check your bloody mail :p

Advertisement