Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Blade Runner and Norton

• 20-09-2005 2:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Hi

I am having a bit of trouble with Norton. I cant view any page on the internet that contains the word 'blade'. I cant even do a search on Google for the word 'blade' as Norton blocks the results being dosplayed. When I switch Norton off I have no problems. Is anyone else having any problems like this?

I have run a scan on my system and have found nothing that might cause this. I have also run HijackThis and there doesnt seem to be any malware running.

I even have to turn off Norton to post this message.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

What version of Norton are you running

More specifically what Norton product(s) are you using. Norton covers things like Antivirus,Internet Security, Systemworks, Cleansweep and some others i think of, off the top of my head.

I am guessing that its Internet Security and that you have content filtering set up too high or a parental lock enabled that is disabling looking for particular search words.

Determine whether or not Parental Control is blocking the Web site
    The easiest way to find out if Parental Control is restricting access to a specific Web site is to temporarily disable the feature. You need an account with Supervisor rights in Norton Internet Security in order to do this.

To disable Parental Control
    Open Norton Internet Security.
    In the main window, double-click Parental Control.
    In the Parent Control dialog box, uncheck Turn on Parental Control.
    Click OK.

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nip.nsf/docid/2004093010421136?Open&src=&docid=2001121211273436&nsf=nip.nsf&view=docid&dtype=&prod=&ver=&osv=&osv_lvl=

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 JimmyQ

I have Norton Internet Security and the parental control is not enabled. I reduced the Firewall to Low and still the same problem is occuring. Its not causing me much of a problem but I am little worried WHY its happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Have you tried the Norton knowledge base at http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/consumer.html ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 JimmyQ

Yes have tried the knowledge and I cant see to find anything on this. I am not the only person experiencing this as I personally know others with the same problem.

Advertisement