Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Best Gadgets

• 20-09-2005 2:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭

I am looking to buy a second hand car and my budget is around 10 -11k. I really love gadgets - especially in my car.

I was just wondering what you think is the best car for gadgets / electronics in that price range. I am currently looking at a 2002 Primera which has a really cool dash and on-board display - added to the rear view camera. However a few people on here seem to think that the 1.6 handles badly and is a killer on petrol.

Any recommendations - which cards do you think has the best offers.

Thanks for your help

James

PS Forgot to say that I probably can't get any bigger than 1.8. Insurance!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

2Lt Pimera is ok.

If you what gadgets and all that can i please recommend the Fiat Stilo 1.6l

My mate has one with the wee extras - Trip computer, city driving mode, belt auto alert, automatic door locking when you go over 30 mph. And plenty more.

Fait?? Well he's never had a problem with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

kluivert wrote:
    automatic door locking when you go over 30 mph.

Pah the clio does that at 4mph. :)

i loved my old clio. but bigger is better as they say and i'm sticking with 2l+ cars now,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭ando

The best gadget of them all is in the new Aston Martin DB9, which has missile launcher capability but I think it may be out of your price range

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

stick a mac mini in the car, that's pretty gadgety!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

twenty8 wrote:
    I am looking to buy a second hand car and my budget is around 10 -11k. I really love gadgets - especially in my car.

I was just wondering what you think is the best car for gadgets / electronics in that price range. I am currently looking at a 2002 Primera which has a really cool dash and on-board display - added to the rear view camera. However a few people on here seem to think that the 1.6 handles badly and is a killer on petrol.

Any recommendations - which cards do you think has the best offers.

Thanks for your help

James

PS Forgot to say that I probably can't get any bigger than 1.8. Insurance!!!!
    FWIW I love gadgets too but IMHO you'd be far more satified long-term with a car that drives well rather than one that has some gadgets which you will, in a very short time, either be irritated by or wont use anymore

• Advertisement
Advertisement