Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Classical Music Appreciation Society??

Options
  • 20-09-2005 3:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

I've been toying with this idea for a while and finally decided to throw it out there. I myself take as many visits to the concert hall as possible but unfortunately not many of my friends are as interested in classsical music as I am and I often end up going with only one person. I was thinking of organising a group of like minded individuals who could take regular trips to the NCH and other performances and then go out for a few scoops afterwards and discuss the show or anything. I constantly need to discuss classical music and this is hard when youre out of college. All ages welcome I suppose although Im only a little baby at 20. Any takers? Thoughts? Or alternatively is there already something like this and how do I join?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭direbadger

I hope I'm not giving you false hope in replying to this as I have no way of attending concerts at the NCH, but I just wanted to say that I think it's a great idea and that you should stick at it and keep trying to organise something like this. I know how you feel as all my mates (a bunch of punks mostly) wouldn't be caught dead accompanying me to UCH to see some classical, yet when I get them drunk enough to listen my Grieg or Prokofiev records they love them! I'd like to have some like-minded souls to drag along to classical gigs in Limerick. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Yeah i'd be up for it!

My friends and family all hate anything done before 1950. I'm only 19, but yeah, all ages welcome.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

banquo wrote:
    Yeah i'd be up for it!

My friends and family all hate anything done before 1950. I'm only 19, but yeah, all ages welcome.

They dont know what they are missing:) I am 51 by the way! Many years ago a group of friends used to meet once a month to discuss music of all types it is a great way of sharing and getting insights into music. I know that a group of people meet month somewhere in the Bray area to discuss classical music if that interests anyone here I will get the details and post them here in a few days. dont forget there are preconcert talks before most of the NSO concerts in the concert hall.

Ayways it is an excellent idea and more power to you. :)

theres lots of stuff on the bbc radio 3 website to encourage classical fans as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭cjs19

Well we have a sum total of two people interested. Not much to work with. For anyone interested in something like this lemme know, PM me, with details, like age, interests, availability so we can set up some sort of predetermined date every month or two or week even. Whatever. For anyone interested in something a little more adventurous see my Mozart post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Lemminkainen

I would definitely join, I am a 34 year old male.

I love classical music, Sibelius, Grieg, Madetoja, and a little Wagner.

Just say when and where :)

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

I hate to squash your enthusiasm but this thread is over 2 years old and the person who started it hasn't posted on boards since Jan 2006.

I think I'm going to lock this for now but if people want to start a new thread to start such a thing, go ahead.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement