Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Server identity" GPRS error on O2

• 20-09-2005 3:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭

Hey lads, hope you can help me with this.

Only recently, this message started popping up whenever I create a GPRS connection on my K750 (upgrade on O2 billpay):

"Server identity could not be verified. Continue with the secure connection?"

Usually I just push "Yes" and the connection works as normal. The problem is, I can't send email (Gmail) using the built-in email client anymore, it throws up the error "TLS/SSL unknown certificate authority". And stops right there. Sending email via Gmail used to work perfectly before the "Server identity..." error started appearing on WAP. I haven't made any changes to the settings. This is something to do with expired security certificates? How do I "refresh" these or whatever?

Can anybody help me out on this one? I send and receive a lot of gmail on my K750, its pretty handy.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Dave

ps. Its a K750 on billpay from O2, I'm using all the settings that were preloaded on it, they worked fine up until now

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

i've no idea on the cause of this, but what url do you use?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

Cheers for the reply.

Doesn't matter which URL is used, the error occurs for any URL because security is turned on (for internet banking etc)

A friend of mine says he remembers vaguely a year or two ago that you could download certificates or something like that from O2 Active (over WAP), but there's no sign of anything like that anymore.

Suppose I can just use mymail to send Gmail. Still, not ideal.

Does your phone support WAP 2.0? I had this problem with a Motorola V300 before with WAP 1.0 settings, it didn't have the proper O2 certs on it. But when I entered the WAP 2.0 settings it authenticated properly even without them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

Yup my handsets a SE K750 so its supports WAP 2.0, and also has the correct WAP 2.0 settings (same settings that were originally on the phone when I got it from O2)

The weird thing is that it used to work fine up until a week or two ago.

Darnit. :confused:

Advertisement