Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Owners

Options
  • 20-09-2005 3:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭

Im so disgusted - we moved into our house 2 months ago. There was a load of rubbish left which we had to get rid of. they also left loads of there personal belongings behind which we finally got them to collect after 3 weeks. We thought thats grand dont have to deel with them again and then today I geta text asking for there Rubbish (Wheelie) bin back!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

How's that for a reverse situation -

Bought a house in UK, and we opted no to pay extra for the carpets (he asked, but we had plans to wood-floor throughout).

Seller took it upon himself to strip the place worse than a plague of locusts - everything, incl. the adams (gas) fireplace, bulbs out of light fittings (a wire and a bulb socket in each room), battery out of fire alarm, even conifers dug out of the garden, the stairs carpet (with a 180-return - he was moving to a bungalow!) and started on (badly) stripping wall paper.

And then proceeded to send his 'bit on the side' to ask for the carpet door plates (brass grippers), which he had foolishly left behind. Too bad for her to be dumb enough to come and ask - she did bear the brunt of our discontent, needless to say, which stopped just short of shoving the said plates somewhere painful/indecent :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

D-! wrote:
    Im so disgusted - we moved into our house 2 months ago. There was a load of rubbish left which we had to get rid of. they also left loads of there personal belongings behind which we finally got them to collect after 3 weeks. We thought thats grand dont have to deel with them again and then today I geta text asking for there Rubbish (Wheelie) bin back!!!!

The bin stays with the house as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

Sleipnir wrote:
    The bin stays with the house as far as I know.

I think so as well.

My previous owners had a wonderful big going away party for all their friends and neighbours the night before they left. Everybody enjoyed themselves immensely. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,353 ✭✭✭positron

In my case, previous owner didn't leave anything behind - well, nothing visible anyway - since I moved in two months ago, Garda officers (with backup and everything) has been calling around frequently looking for the previous occupant!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

positron wrote:
    In my case, previous owner didn't leave anything behind - well, nothing visible anyway - since I moved in two months ago, Garda officers (with backup and everything) has been calling around frequently looking for the previous occupant!

Oh they sound like lovely people indeed ;)
    Maybe they just have a few friends that are Gardi and they want to call over for a drink? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,353 ✭✭✭positron

I wish! Funny enough, the neighbour is actually a garda who had rented out his house, and last month the kids there were growing something slightly more interesting than lets say cactus. To be fair, after a few nights of loud music at late night, someone must have complained, they were all kicked and now its all nice and civil again!

Advertisement