Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

EireTyres?!? + summer or winter tyres merged thread

• 19-09-2005 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Howdy all,

Just wondering whether anyone has used this crowd for tyres - www.eiretyres.com ? They seem to undercut most places by quite a bit. Not 100% sure how it works though. Do you get the tyres delivered to the garage who are fitting it (i.e. one of their 'partner garages') or do you have to get it delivered to your own house and bring it down yourself? Am looking to get a 205/40 R17 and it looks like I can save myself €60+ by going with these guys.

Anybody have any experience of using them? Is there a catch?

While I'm on, reason I'm using them at all is that one of my tyres has developed 2 'bubbles' on the sidewall on the tyre. Apologies in advance what is probably a stupid question, but is there anything I can do to stop this happening in the future aside from ensuring tyre pressures are ok and avoiding potholes (impossible)?

Thanks in advance...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

A few threads about this around. I was going to use them once but Sandyford tyres said that they could do them cheaper so I went with them, and they did by €10 (including installation) for Goodyear NCT5's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Ernie Ball

I've used them and had the tyres delivered to the Sandyford Tyre Centre (who could not match the Eiretyres price). No problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

used and no problems. just make sure you know of a garage who will fit the tyres for you at a fair price as some, from experience, will charge you a premium if you didnt buy the tyres from them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Yea I've used them as well and no problems!

Bought a set of 17" Toyo T1-Rs for 110 each, cost me 20 a wheel to get them fitted - I rang 7 garages/kwik-fit places, only 1 would do it - Advance Pitstop in Dundrum. Overall I saved myself about 30-40 euro a tyre - not bad going! Would definitely recommend, buying anything related to motors in this country is a joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭mondeoman

ive used eiretyres 3 times so far & never had any problems with them,only last week my order of goodyear f1s 215/45 x17 arrived by interlink,cost €10 each to fit & balance in my local tyre place.
    i would highly recommend eiretyres. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Ratchet

ordered 3 sets from them and no problems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

You have a 12-wheeler car? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Ratchet

smartar$e:)

no i have two 6wheel drive cars

monsters_mikescar_poster.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭Trampas

A bloke I work with buys his tyres from there with no problems.

Gets them sent to his house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

Used them and had no problems at all, saved a few € in the process. Had the tyre delivered to a small tyre centre on Grand Canal Street, beside my office.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 yygaurav

hi All

I am looking to change tyres for my car ( opel astra 01 ) 185 - 65 - 15 H. I was thinking to buy it from eiretyres.

What is the difference between summer or winter tyres. Which should I buy ?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

summer tyres.

the winter tyres are listed as the Eiretyres site serves more than just ireland...other european places that have more adverse winter conditions than we do...we just get a mild winter all year round :D

some of our EU neighbours need to fit winter wheel (usually smaller in width and diameter) for better traction in the likes of snow.

Advertisement