Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Heating Oil Prices in Dublin !?!

Options
  • 20-09-2005 5:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭

Hello Folks !

Not sure if this is a rip-off ! Was hoping for some feedback to see what people think.

I'm fully aware of the current focus on the rise in oil prices but we just got quoted €629 for a full tank of heating oil :eek:

This time last year it cost us €410. :eek:

Its from a reputable well established southside home heating oil company.

Has anybody else been quoted a price this high for heating oil ?

Should we do a survey of where to get it the cheapest ? I know my nan is gonna flip when she has to fill up her tank :confused:

There has to be better prices than this around dublin, bear in mind I ordered it from work about 20min ago so havent had time to check the golden pages and phone around for quotes

Thanks in advance for the feedback

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Are you sure you didnt get 1000 litre last year and the tank holds more, which is what you were quoted this year? Think taks oftem hold 1200 litre iirc. If not maybe give it a week or so as prices of oil are dropping so it might come down.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

oldboy wrote:
    Should we do a survey of where to get it the cheapest ? I know my nan is gonna flip when she has to fill up her tank :confused:

Prices ofhome heating oil fluctuates constanly so it'd probably be out of date as quick as its compilled.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

thats the going rate tbh, 60 ish cent a liter..., it wasnt 40 cent a liter for at maybe 2or 3 years tbh. id switch to gas if i was u, or get a more efficient oil boiler. to b honest u are probably loosing 1/3 of that oil in smoke up the exaust of your boiler, this can be cut to 10%.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭kazper

i was quoted 66c a litre today in kilkenny

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

The results of your price check are:
    Product: Kero
    Quantity: 1000
    Cent Per Litre inc VAT @ 13.50% : 0.60
    Price (€) Inc VAT: 601.55

u can calculate the price on emo.ie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭oldboy

Cheers lads,

Yep it was 1000 last year and the same again this year, just got a fright when the quote came through, that emo.ie site is very handy for working it out.

The house is rented, crappy boiler and single glazed windows, its going to be a cold expensive winter !!

Mind you Dunnes have some good thermals for sale at the moment, probably the cheapest :D ............. and I could get me nan a set for christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 14,410 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

im just replacing an oil boiler hopefully with the most efficient i can find -not easy info to find. you normally find that the dollar price per barrel roughly equates to the cent price per litre

Advertisement