Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Com_maxfps 0

• 20-09-2005 6:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭

Con server handle this or should it be limited to fps 125?

(I know its an old question) but help appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

You'll get kicked out of most server with maxfps 0 Drap. What's the point of such a command anyway? IMO, maxfps should be set at 125. It will enable you to climb up everywhere! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Would fps 0 only freeze youre game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Would fps 0 only freeze youre game?

opens up the max_fps !

125 it is so!

:-)

god I'm too curiuos for my own liking !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Hercule

setting it to zero is the same as saying there is no limit most servers kick for this - but a better advantage is gained by setting it too either 125 or 333(if ure PC can handle it)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Hercule wrote:
    setting it to zero is the same as saying there is no limit most servers kick for this - but a better advantage is gained by setting it too either 125 or 333(if ure PC can handle it)

333, never herd that before! have you a linky to where you got that please

thanks!

• Advertisement

I didn't mention "maxfps 333" because as far as I'm concerned (and mostly because my wallet cannot afford it...) graphix cards that can handle 333 fps do not yet exist! :p

Obvioulsy this does not apply to Drapper the rich man! :D

Here's what "maxfps 333" can do: "Most pro players run with all of the settings low, and 125 or 333 maxfps. It's a bug in the quake3 engine. If you run at certain fps, you magicly walk faster and jump higher."

Won't work in CoD2 though! :p

If you run at certain fps, you magicly walk faster and jump higher."

Won't work in CoD2 though! :p

Why. Is COD 2 a new engine?

Why. Is COD 2 a new engine?
    Absolutely! Brand new from scratch! ;)

"(...) Just like Call of Duty, you will fight amongst many soldiers. For Call of Duty 2, Infinity Ward has ditched the Quake 3 engine in favor of all-new technology developped by them. In many regards, it still looks a lot like Call of Duty - the interface looks the same, and the characters look and move in a familiar style. There are some new bells and whistles, however, from the real-time lighting and shadows to the advanced smoke effects that look like they'll play a big part in the game. At first glance, it doesn't pack the "wow" punch of a Half-Life 2 or DOOM 3, but it looks to be a big improvement from the first game."

Ah cool. Ive seen a movie and it still feels like COD just better cant wait to play this puppy. I just hope the online world will be good that whats really important.

Couldn't agree more. I hope I'm not going to be as disappointed as I was with UO basically...

• Advertisement

Yes this is always a risk. Every highly antisipated game to come out this year ive been disapointed with. It will be the games that we never heard of that will be the ones that will suprise. But I hope im wrong with COD 2.

Advertisement