Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problems with Ebay Seller

• 20-09-2005 7:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭

Hiya,
    I bought a Nokia 7200 about 3 weeks ago. http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6426906745&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1
    The seller was real friendly at first, I asked him how long it'd take to deliver on Tues 1st and he said he'd sent it and should be with me by Friday and if not, to email him and he'd try find out where it was. I emailed him Monday afternoon to ask where it was as it hadn't come. It arrived Tuesday but I had gone abroad early Tuesday so didn't get at the package til Sat.
    When I saw the phone, it was really scratched. I know it mentions it's scratched but this has scratches in really odd places where it'd be pretty hard to scratch normally. Anyway I was kinda annoyed so I emailed him about it (at this stage he still hadn't replied to my other email). He still hasn't replied to either email, or any of the other ones I've been sending, both through his email and through 'Ask Seller a Question'.
    The scratches thing isn't majorly important as I was planning on getting a totally new housing for it anyway but I'm really pissed off now that he hasn't bothered to reply to any of my emails. He's already left me good feedback but I haven't yet.
    What do you guys think I should do?
    I've got his contact details but I'm not sure I wanna ring him :o
    Sorry for long post :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

Pythia wrote:
    Hiya,

I've got his contact details but I'm not sure I wanna ring him :o

ring him, much harder for him to hide if you ring him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Yeah but I don't really know what to say.
    Any other ideas?
    Should I just leave him bad feedback and be done with it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Pythia wrote:
    Yeah but I don't really know what to say.
    Any other ideas?
    Should I just leave him bad feedback and be done with it?
    It says it was scratched and it came as indicated.
    Caveat Emptor tbh.
    You paid and got the product.
    Why do you now want to contact him if the scratches aren't the issue?

I wanted to talk to him as it was particulary scratched. Now I'm annoyed he's totally ignoring me. I think he could at least answer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

particulary scratched

Well your definition of that is his definition of scratched. This is the risk you take buying second hand goods unseen. The transaction is completed, so he has no reason to answer your mails.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

Don't leave bad feedback - threaten to leave bad feedback. This should get a reaction instantly as ebay sellers fear nothing more than this. My guess is he'll be nice as pie, and mention that he said in the description that his phone was scratched. Sounds like hes covered and the deal has been done so he doesn't deserve the bad feedback, but if you feel that you paid more than it is worth, then theres a good chance that he'll try to make it up to you rather than get negative feedback.

I threatened bad feedback about a week ago. Again didn't hear anything.
    He also never answered my email asking where the phone was when I hadn't received it.
    Oh well, guess I'll just fit a new fascia, screen cover etc on it and forget about it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭OMcGovern

He said it was scratched, and used, so nothing you can do there really.

If you wanted to track your delivery you should've requested ( and paid ) for something like a DHL / GPS delivery. Where they give you an order number, and you can track it's progress on-line.

Put everything that's happened to you down as a learning experience.
    The deal is complete, and you got an imperfect bargain.

regards,
    Owen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭SandhillRoad

You could leave him neutral feedback, Then he may be more careful with his listings in the future. Has he had any negative feedback ? Always check before you bid.
    As said before " Buyer Beware". If any questions email any seller BEFORE you bid. I learned the hard way too!

Advertisement