Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

XP Service Pack 1

• 20-09-2005 7:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭

I'm running Windows XP on my laptop but I need to install XP Service Pack 1 to connect to the wireless network at college. The laptop is fairly new (only bought last June) so I am wondering if it is already on it?
    Service Pack 1 was released a good while ago if I remember correctly.
    I can't download Service Pack 1 anyway, all the links I found for it are too slow to d'load from. I have the Service Pack 2 CD at home somewhere, would that be OK instead?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,751 ✭✭✭✭kippy

If you bought it new in June it may have service pack two on it already.
    Right click on my computer-properties. The service pack level will appear there along with any processor/memory information.
    If you havent got it installing SP2 should do no harm and you should in fact install it anyway to patch any holes in the OS.
    Kippy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭lukin

Yeah, it's got Service Pack 2 on it. That should mean there's no need to install Service Pack 1 so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭OMcGovern

Service Packs are accumulative....

So Service Pack 2 does include Service Pack 1.

regards,
    Owen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭lukin

Thanks.

Advertisement