Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iaudio X5L

• 20-09-2005 7:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Wel, i read all the other threads, but couldnt find the answer to the question : Is it any good?" On the other thread it says the songnames go in alphabetically, can this be changed so that they go by album tracklist? Is the scree too small to watch dvds?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Koji the frog

i have ordered one. i cant wait to recieve it !! :)
    i will let you know when i ll get it, hopefully next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭aaf

I myself am an iRiver fanboy but I just recommended one of these badboys to my sis who shall be hitting New York in 2 weeks time. Reason I recommended it to her: direct usb connection between iAudio X5L and her digital camera which means she doesn't need a PC to transfer her pics over from her camera! She has been travelling around the world for the last 8 months and could have done with this feature. She lost her 40GB iRiver about 2 months ago so she's been crying out for a storage device and MP3 player since then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Wel, i read all the other threads, but couldnt find the answer to the question : Is it any good?" On the other thread it says the songnames go in alphabetically, can this be changed so that they go by album tracklist? Is the scree too small to watch dvds?

They don't go by tracklist if they're left to their own devices, I had to number my tracks individually, eg:

'01. Song 1'
    '02. Song 2'

and so on, it's important that you number the first track '01' instead of '1' otherwise it'l get a bit messy if you have more than ten tracks.

It's no big deal, only took me an hour.

I can watch dvds, screens a bit small for subtitles maybe but it's grand for watching a bit of Family Guy and so forth.

In conclusion it's great, loads of file types supported, great battery life, great sound quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

I'm an iRiver fanboy too but also had to recommend the iAudio to brother- and sister- in law.

They wanted good battery life but I think the form factor was what swung them in the end. Having played with it a bit I can say it's a lovely bit of kit ...

The proprietary attachment you need for USB is just a little annoying, but overall it's a lovely little thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭litirspam

i have ordered one. i cant wait to recieve it !! :)
    i will let you know when i ll get it, hopefully next week.

Where did you buy? How much?

• Advertisement
Advertisement