Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Grimsby vs Spurs on SS2 now

• 20-09-2005 7:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

2 irish strikers starting keane and reddy.

May be a decent game with no 451s in sight.

kdjac

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Reddy playing well. Giving the Spurs defence a lot of problems. Keane's dummies and tricks are coming off well but the basics not so well. Reid has nobody to aim for so is just basically drilling his crosses in. I'd say Jol will have Reid coming inside a lot more in the 2nd half. Decent match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

1-0 Grimsby 87th minute totally against run of play but Spurs for all their possesion done nowt really.

Grimsby lad Jones playing a stormer, awesome at the back.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Seems Keane has had a good game, but what a shocker!

dunno about the Premiership, but the Carling Cup sure is exciting!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Well done Sky. Picking the only Premiership upset of the night.

• Advertisement

any highlights of all these games on terrestrial TV tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

Tommorow

ITV 23:30 - Carling Cup Highlights

whiskeyman wrote:
    dunno about the Premiership, but the Carling Cup sure is exciting!!
    I've always preferred both English cups over the premiership.

Tommorow

ITV 23:30 - Carling Cup Highlights
    cheers Johnny.

whiskeyman wrote:
    any highlights of all these games on terrestrial TV tonight?

Villa 3-1 down at half time at Wycombe and coming back to win 3-8 :eek: should be worth a watch

• Advertisement

Gillingham 3-2 against Portsmouth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

I cantbelieve they gave Calalla the motm. Jones was the best player out there by far. great shot to score the goal though/

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

hehehe :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

Ah bollix...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I wish I was a fly on the wall of the Villa dressing room at half time to hear O' Leary, seeing as how they scored 7 times in the second half!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

I wish I was a fly on the wall of the Villa dressing room at half time to hear O' Leary, seeing as how they scored 7 times in the second half!

Looks like O'Leary might have resorted to the hair dryer treatment!

As for Spurs! Brown was rubbish, kept giving the ball away.
    Lee Y P doesn't look the best from the games I have seen him in (maybe he just needs to adjust to physical footy).
    Jenas was anonymous for most of the game, played a littel better when shifted to the centre.
    Reid looked good(first half) why did he take him off?
    Saltari didn't offer very much going forward except the shot that was blocked down near the end.

The Mariners played very well, Jones at the back was immense and very well taken goal by the Congan!

Good to watch a bit of 4-4-2 attacking for once.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Awesome performance in the second half by Villa all right. O' Leary really must have gave them a rollicking at half time.

More importantly though Leeds beat Rotherham 0-2 to win their first derby game in 5 years. Richard Cresswell scored both goals in only his second start for the club. Leeds for the cup I tell ya!!!

Kingp35 wrote:

More importantly though Leeds beat Rotherham 0-2 to win their first derby game in 5 years. Richard Cresswell scored both goals in only his second start for the club. Leeds for the cup I tell ya!!!

Was supposed to go to the game last saturday but couldnt go, yeah were poxed and the leeds fans i would go with think this is the worst Leeds team ever, another mate who is QPR fan agrees now :o

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭tetsujin1979

Reddy looked good from the highlights I saw, the header followed by the lob would have been some goal. Lets hope he progresses up the divisions, Robbie Earnshaw style.
    evilhomer wrote:
    Reid looked good(first half) why did he take him off?
    dunno, but Jol said Lennon was their best player in the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

I didn't see the spurs game, but I imagine that that is the final nail in the coffin of a Keane Defoe partnership if it needed one! :(

That's all the excuse Jol needs to drop 1 of them to maintain the little and large combo. (Hmmm, i wonder which 1 he'll drop.......:confused:)

• Advertisement

Defoe will get the drop if one of them is to be dropped. Keane has been more impressive in the last 2 games and Defoe hasn't been dropped in a while.

eirebhoy wrote:
    Defoe will get the drop if one of them is to be dropped. Keane has been more impressive in the last 2 games and Defoe hasn't been dropped in a while.
    maybe keane has been more impressive, but Defoe wont get dropped imo.
    It'd be like Sven dropping Beckham...
    I cant see it happening now tbh
    I just hope I'm wrong though!

whiskeyman wrote:
    maybe keane has been more impressive, but Defoe wont get dropped imo.
    Nothing like that mate. Jol has dropped Defoe after scoring a brace in his previous game. He also dropped him this season after 2 goals in his first 2 matches. I don't think he's afraid to drop him after 5 scoreless starts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

KevIRL wrote:
    Villa 3-1 down at half time at Wycombe and coming back to win 3-8 :eek: should be worth a watch

Classic quote from the Grimsby manager.....
    "That fifth goal was not deserved - it was the goal that finished our team"
    Yeah, it only took the 5 goals to finish them off. :D

whiskeyman wrote:
    I don't think Jol is like Sven with regards to caring what the press might think.

B.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Jol's had a right go at both Keane and Defoe.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=343313&cc=5739

Seems he's singled out the two of them for the loss. He should start Keane next game but I doubt he will.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

KdjaC wrote:
    Was supposed to go to the game last saturday but couldnt go, yeah were poxed and the leeds fans i would go with think this is the worst Leeds team ever, another mate who is QPR fan agrees now :o

well obviously those Leeds fans you go with dont have a clue about the club they support. QPR had chances in that game but so did Leeds. In fact we were in total control of the game until Healys sending off which made us sit back and defned but bar a couple of long range efforts QPR offered nothing.

Leeds have been abit hit and miss so far in some games but we have beaten all the main promotion rivals that we have played so far keeping a clean sheet in all of them. Bar one dreadfull display agianst Sheffield Wednesday we have looked very good. we got a draw away to Luton which was avery good result and a ridiculous draw at home to Brighton 3-3 when we should have won about 9-3. That was a crazy match. If we win our game in hand we go third. We have 4 of the best strikers in the division, a solid defence who have kept 6 clean sheets out of 10 games this season, and a midfield who make countless chances every game. There is a real buzz around teh club at teh moment as everyone believes we have a huge chance of automatic promotion this season and everyone is excited at teh team we have put together.tell your friends to actually pay attention to what is happening at leeds at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

Lemlin wrote:
    Jol's had a right go at both Keane and Defoe.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=343313&cc=5739

Seems he's singled out the two of them for the loss. He should start Keane next game but I doubt he will.
    And so he should, they were frigging awful - but that's nothing new for Keane anyhow.
    Fantastic game, the lad Jones (not Gary - ex Tranmere) should really have got man of the match.
    100% deserved victory IMO.

Kingp35 wrote:
    well obviously those Leeds fans you go with dont have a clue about the club they support. QPR had chances in that game but so did Leeds. In fact we were in total control of the game until Healys sending off which made us sit back and defned but bar a couple of long range efforts QPR offered nothing.

No offence but i prefer to listen to season ticket holders who go nearly every week for the last 20 odd years on how the club is doing. Me i go for the drink.

Will they be promoted this season? Its a ssimple as that.

kdjac

KdjaC wrote:
    No offence but i prefer to listen to season ticket holders who go nearly every week for the last 20 odd years on how the club is doing. Me i go for the drink.

And what makes you think that these guys are any more knowledgable about the club than me? i am a huge supporter in that I follow everything that happens at the club including youth academy etc. I'm one of the main guys on a leeds forum site and every fan there (which includes season ticket holders) are of the same opinion that we have the team now to get promoted. there is huge pressure on leeds to do that this season simply because of how good a team we have and the good start we have had. take it from we we certainly do not have a poor side.
    Will they be promoted this season? Its a ssimple as that.

I cant answer that but they will definitely finish top 6

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Watched the last half hour of the game after coming home from training. For all the possession Spurs had, they never looked like scoring. That fella Lennon was a flyer when he came on, looks quality.

At the end the camera went on the Grimsby manager, who walks over to the Spurs dug-out, the camera just catches the back of Jol as he stormed off down the tunnel. Shame. Hate to see Premiership managers not having a bit of respect when beaten, even if he was mad with his players he could have shaken the other guy's hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

Kingp35 wrote:
    And what makes you think that these guys are any more knowledgable about the club than me? i am a huge supporter in that I follow everything that happens at the club including youth academy etc. I'm one of the main guys on a leeds forum site and every fan there (which includes season ticket holders) are of the same opinion that we have the team now to get promoted. there is huge pressure on leeds to do that this season simply because of how good a team we have and the good start we have had. take it from we we certainly do not have a poor side.

I cant answer that but they will definitely finish top 6
    Well I'm a founder member of #leeds2 on IRCNet, and I watched nearly all of their champions league games on TV a few years ago. Me and all my buddies on IRC except for DeathKiller_2000 agree with KJdac. In fact, I am also THE main man on one of the best Leeds forums around (http://www.geocities.net/~john_fehily/newsite/forums/leedsforum.html) so clearly I know what I'm talking about.

Illkillya wrote:
    Well I'm a founder member of #leeds2 on IRCNet, and I watched nearly all of their champions league games on TV a few years ago. Me and all my buddies on IRC except for DeathKiller_2000 agree with KJdac. In fact, I am also THE main man on one of the best Leeds forums around (http://www.geocities.net/~john_fehily/newsite/forums/leedsforum.html) so clearly I know what I'm talking about.

you watched their champions league games on Tv? if your any sort of leeds fan i should hope you did!!

thsi is really baffling me now, Ok Please explain why our current team, who are riding high in the league, have kept 6 clean sheets out of ten games so far this season, are one of the worst Leeds teams in years?

Also that link to your forum doesnt work. i would be interested in reading some of the comments on it

Advertisement