Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Birthday cake ideas...Please

Options
  • 20-09-2005 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

My soon to be 3 year old son really wants a birthday cake at his party and i need a few ideas. The problem is he is lactose intollerant, allergic to eggs, soya and nuts!! I'm having problems coming up with ideas. help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

Loaded1973 wrote:
    My soon to be 3 year old son really wants a birthday cake at his party and i need a few ideas. The problem is he is lactose intollerant, allergic to eggs, soya and nuts!! I'm having problems coming up with ideas. help

Yeah this is a tough one. I cannot tell you for sure where you could find a cake that fits that criteria though maybe you could try and find a local bakery that does birthday cakes, explain your situation and maybe they would make a tailored birthday cake for you.

You would probably have to supply them with substitutes for the ingredients or maybe they would know a recipe themselves.
    Vegan cakes such as orange cake would fit your sons needs though i'm not sure that would be suitable for a birthday cake.

I'm sorry i can't be off much help, my knowledge of this is very limited!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭mateo

Oh that's tough. I'm pretty sure eggs can be replaced with cornflour, and you could possibly use rice milk. But I don't really know!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

oh, what a challange! i learnt today, that eggs can be substituted by mashed up bananas (1 egg = 1 banana). i'm sure you could buy an 'alternative to egg' in most health food stores if banana sounds like a crazy idea. perhaps good in small amounts, like in fairy cakes, cause i hear the official 'egg alternative' can be pricey. i guess the lactose intollerence shouldnt be a problem; some sunflower spread made with vegetable oils should be available. good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Loaded1973

Thanks for the replies. I'll try the banana route, Ben loves his bananas. I use the rice milk all the time for his drinks and on his cereal. I'll have an experimental baking day this weekend. Will let ye know if anything turns our eddible. :p

Advertisement